Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

update on training gorund plans

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Perrys Message on Training Ground Plans

Albion's proposals for a new training ground will be discussed at a Lancing Parish Council public meeting this evening, with councillors then due to vote on whether to support the club's application.

Local residents - who support, oppose or have concerns about the proposals - are invited to attend the meeting, and Albion chief executive Martin Perry has reminded supporters that it is important they respect the views and opinions of all parties.

He said, "The club fully respects the views of local residents, whether they are for or against these proposals. We want to hear the views of the local residents. Many residents have already raised concerns to the club, either via the media or at the roadshow we held in Lancing, and we have been able to reassure them and address those concerns.

"During the campaign for the new stadium, our supporters' conduct was exemplary and they campaigned in good humour on what was an extremely emotive subject. Equally the club listened to the objections and concerns of the Falmer residents, and we have been good neighbours and respected those living in the village.

"Likewise at Lancing it is important that both the club and supporters retain this stance and respect the views of local residents - whether for or against the proposals. We fully encourage any member of the public to present their points, whether for or against the scheme, either at the meeting or in writing to the club or council.

"For those who choose to do so at the meeting, we would ask that all those present allow them to do so without any interruption."

Perry also asked that any fans who do not live or work in the Lancing area do not attend, adding, "This is a public meeting for those people living or working in Lancing to put forward their views to the Parish Council - and it is important they are given the opportunity to do that."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Perrys Message on Training Ground Plans

Albion's proposals for a new training ground will be discussed at a Lancing Parish Council public meeting this evening, with councillors then due to vote on whether to support the club's application.

Local residents - who support, oppose or have concerns about the proposals - are invited to attend the meeting, and Albion chief executive Martin Perry has reminded supporters that it is important they respect the views and opinions of all parties.

He said, "The club fully respects the views of local residents, whether they are for or against these proposals. We want to hear the views of the local residents. Many residents have already raised concerns to the club, either via the media or at the roadshow we held in Lancing, and we have been able to reassure them and address those concerns.

"During the campaign for the new stadium, our supporters' conduct was exemplary and they campaigned in good humour on what was an extremely emotive subject. Equally the club listened to the objections and concerns of the Falmer residents, and we have been good neighbours and respected those living in the village.

"Likewise at Lancing it is important that both the club and supporters retain this stance and respect the views of local residents - whether for or against the proposals. We fully encourage any member of the public to present their points, whether for or against the scheme, either at the meeting or in writing to the club or council.

"For those who choose to do so at the meeting, we would ask that all those present allow them to do so without any interruption."

Perry also asked that any fans who do not live or work in the Lancing area do not attend, adding, "This is a public meeting for those people living or working in Lancing to put forward their views to the Parish Council - and it is important they are given the opportunity to do that."
mmmm..........parish councils are made up by elderly curtain twitchers and local busy bodies. We'll be in for a rough ride.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Approved 8-1!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, £23 million? That's more than Rotheram's nice looking new ground. What do we get for it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The most exciting Lancing PC meeting in its history.

Normally covers setting allotment charges, dealing with reports thats local youths were seen smiling, and organising their Diamond Jubilee celebrations (budget £251.70).

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Listening to some of the locals you would think they had the Serengeti National Park on their doorstep, wild deer, birds and reptiles come a visiting , i was sitting there waiting for one to get up and mention the elephants, lions and giraffes.

Being serious, the only real stumbling block i can see is the access road. I think it will have to come off the A27 instead of going through the Mash Barn Estate

Lovely. Now to admit that Martin was exaggerating on what we can offer Lancing.

Surely you're not accusing MP of being an instinctive bullshitter by any chance?
I wonder if any of the B&HCC Plannning Committee members considering the stadium extension application will remember some of the "economies" he came out with at the Racecourse P&R meeting? Still at least he realised we would need planning consent for the training ground - that's got to be a step forward. In Martin we trust.

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
8-1 is a fantastic result. ADUR District Council onside. The local Parish Council onside. Compared to the previous planning battle's, this one (so far) is a stroll in the park...or the marshy wasteland!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Being serious, the only real stumbling block i can see is the access road. I think it will have to come off the A27 instead of going through the Mash Barn Estate

This was mentioned at the Albion road show on the mash barn estate a while ago and the Albion are unable to bring the access road in from the A27 because they're unable to get access to the land north of the training complex to come in from that way.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Update:

The Planning Officer has just announced at a public meeting that the golf course owners no longer want to build a golf course and want to build houses etc instead on the land they dumped all the spoil on adjacent to the training ground plans. This was expected, but I do not see how they can do is as they got the dumping tax exemption for dumping on the condition that sporting facilities were built. They might not get planning permission anyway because of the dumping and poor access roads. It does (if you have imagination) allow room for more pitches though.

But this is Britain and it is who owns the land that tends to call the tune. If I was Bloom, I would buy up the land at redundant land prices only. It would then give the option to extend the Training Ground or realign the pitches for more security. The land is zoned for sports and recreation. This is the new Adur Plan.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
..... If I was Bloom, I would buy up the land at redundant land prices only. It would then give the option to extend the Training Ground or realign the pitches for more security. The land is zoned for sports and recreation. This is the new Adur Plan.

Extra Park & Ride?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here