Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unusal and interesting music venues.

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Dire Straits in a red light club in Hamburg just as 'Sultans of Swing' broke. Culture Club in, I think, The Pink Coconut or a previous incarnation of, just as 'Do you really want to hurt me ' broke. They were crap but I seem to recall they tried to get out of doing the gig and were pissed off because the club held them to their contract.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Billy Bragg in the Virgin store in Western Road.....

I saw Billy play the Roundhouse long before it was refurbished. That was a bit odd as everything was make shift; indoor portaloos and a DIY bar.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I saw Gorky's Zygotic Mynci do an acoustic set in some random shop in Churchill Square - it may have been Borders, it may have been the Virgin Megastore, but my memory tells me it was some clothes shop or other.

All very bizarre.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I read in the local paper that Ian Dury once did a gig at Charleston Manor. I wish I'd seen that.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just remembered Nick Cave at King Alfred Hove the first time. It was a Grinderman warm up pre festival date.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Middle of the Road at a funfair in Rostock.

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
Average White Band at Brighton Tech [of Trafalgar St ] 1973ish promoting 'Put It Where you want It '

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I saw Gorky's Zygotic Mynci do an acoustic set in some random shop in Churchill Square - it may have been Borders, it may have been the Virgin Megastore, but my memory tells me it was some clothes shop or other.

All very bizarre.

I remember that and think it was upstairs at Virgin. They were doing a full set that evening somewhere else in town.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Foo Fighters at the Concorde in 2007.

What a gig - just 300 of us there:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Chiefs of Relief at Coasters and also the Basement. Sigue Sigue Sputnik at the Escape. The Anti Nowhere league at some pub in Worthing!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gil Scott Heron at The Crypt in Hastings. I just couldn't believe my luck!

The Four Brothers at Rye Community Hall was pretty surreal too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here