Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unresolved mysteries

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I presume you’ve already watched them but some really interesting documentaries by Jeremy Corbell on much of this topic:

Bob Lazar, Area 51 and flying saucers is a good place to start.

Then if you’re enough intrigued go and check out the Joe Rogan Experience podcast episodes 1315 [Bob Lazar] and 1361 [Commander David Fravor the pilot who witnessed, along with 4 others at first hand the Tic Tac UFO whilst flying off the Nimitz in 2004 off the west coast of America].

Intriguing notions and as you say the drip feed of limited information is coming.
Thanks BT i did see the Fravor Tic Tac programme , amazingly a similar thing happened to the Eisenhower of the East coast a few years later . More than that the objects followed them all the way on deployment to the Gulf . The Bob Lazar Area 51 and flying saucers is a good watch as well , i really like the guy and Corbell is a big advocate of BL . I have recently watched one of the best documentaries on this subject i have ever seen : Close encounters of the fifth kind -Contact has begun - Dr Steven Greer . I had to download it , i tried to upload it here but it wouldn`t take , but trust me it is worth the effort

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Thanks BT i did see the Fravor Tic Tac programme , amazingly a similar thing happened to the Eisenhower of the East coast a few years later . More than that the objects followed them all the way on deployment to the Gulf . The Bob Lazar Area 51 and flying saucers is a good watch as well , i really like the guy and Corbell is a big advocate of BL . I have recently watched one of the best documentaries on this subject i have ever seen : Close encounters of the fifth kind -Contact has begun - Dr Steven Greer . I had to download it , i tried to upload it here but it wouldn`t take , but trust me it is worth the effort

Bob Lazar has some compelling stories for sure. And is one of the more provoking cases, fairly consistent too since he came forward in the 90’s when I first heard of him (as always. No evidence unfortunately).

But I would urge caution with Steven Greer. The man is a charlatan out to make money from unsuspecting believers. He’s been proven to be fraud.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Surely you are less likely to roll two sixes as opposed to, to use your example, a four and a two? Unless you are specifically stating that the first die to land is a four and the subsequent one a two?

The way I see it is to roll a four and a two the first due to land can fall on either a four or a two. A 1 in 3 chance. The subsequent die then has to land on either a four, if the first was a two, or a two if the first was a four. A one in 6 chance. Combined odds 17/1.

To roll two sixes both the first and subsequent die’s must land on a six. A 35/1 chance.

It's even simpler. There are 36 possible outcomes from rolling two dice https://www.freemathhelp.com/rolling-dice.html. Two sixes is one of those outcomes, and 2&4 two of them. So - twice as likely.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I want to know more about Palace’s holographic cloaking technology that makes their new stadium...

8053A0A0-8DA5-41CF-B53B-00F53F849BFF.jpeg

...still look their old one from five years ago.

67680B5E-1DF6-4628-BBA6-ABF6627DDC1C.jpeg

If only Arthur C Clarke we’re still with us.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Bob Lazar has some compelling stories for sure. And is one of the more provoking cases, fairly consistent too since he first came forward in the 90’s (as always. No evidence unfortunately).

But I would urge caution with Steven Greer. The man is a charlatan out to make money from unsuspecting believers. He’s been proven to be fraud.

Bob Lazar was arrested for solicitation i believe , all he did was do some accounts for a brothel but that has followed him around . But it is brought up by people who try to debunk him . As for evidence , he told us about element 115 nine years before it was discovered . He said it was a very dense element used in the propulsion system of a UFO he had worked on . When it was discovered it had all the exact properties he had described .
Dr Steven Greer is another man with " history " but he gave up a lucrative career as a trauma surgeon to start CSETI - Centre for the study of extraterrestrial intelligence . He does charge for his weekend courses on UFO contact , but the fact is , there is a lot of good quality video evidence to prove it works . But i never take an individuals word without back up , and the list of high ranking Government officials and Military personnel that speak for him is very impressive .

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Just listened to a podcast on BBC about hunting Kevin Parle, its hosted by that Peter Bleksley, who I find, for some reason, a bit irritating, like an itch you can't scratch, but it was good and the story is quite interesting. Personally I think he's been chopped up

I was listening to this back in April of last year and then it had to stop because of COVID. It's a really interesting case and my hunch is he's still out there somewhere possibly either Thailand or Dubai. That certainly seemed to be where the trail was heading before the series was stopped.

There were clear sightings of him in Southern Spain some years back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Paranormal shit, unexplained disappearances, hidden treasures, cold case murders etc... the good stuff. Whats your favorites?

Saw that someone recently solved one of the remainign Zodiac Killer ciphers... love when things like that happen, some 50+ year old mystery that few thought would ever be solved suddenly gets solved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oQLPRE21o

There's a thousand mysteries or so that fascinates me... dont know if I have any particular favorites, but I like the ones where there is a fair chance of getting some answer. Like the Peter Bergmann case (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Bergmann_case) or the Isdal Woman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isdal_Woman). Things like the true identity of Jack the Ripper or what really happened to Alexander the Great.. meh.

One of the most annoying ones is the Kryptos - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptos - fourth passage not yet decrypted... frustrating shit.

Two words. Puma. Punku. Google it. Precision engineering in stone in a Bolivian construct circa 500AD of a standard that would be pretty hard to replicate today. Explain THAT one away without drifting into the realms of the, uh, unexplained. The Truth Is Out There :ohmy:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
One word. Pumapunku. Google it. Precision engineering in stone in a Bolivian construct circa 500AD of a standard that would be pretty hard to replicate today. Explain THAT one away without drifting into the realms of the, eh, unexplained :ohmy:

Never heard of before, cool stuff

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The deep gouges in [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]’s front door have baffled experts for many years now :shrug:

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Yes, we did.
I fully accept the possibility that other beings from other worlds have been here, but I hate the idea that humans are not ingenious enough to have done everything that we have done. Artifacts and evidence of advanced civilisation older than History can make sense of, is evidence of gaps in historical knowledge for me, or of previous human civilisations destroyed.
Advances in technology often come in spurts, the Space race was born out of the end of the second world war and the technology that was developed to wage it, followed by the ideological battle of communism v capitalism and the competition for military supremacy.

If your theory of large advances in relatively short time frames being due to Alien assistance is correct, the Aliens were probably pro Nazi, as WW2 and the build up to it saw some huge technological advances in Germany.
Yes you`re right , there is strong belief that Germany had worked with outside sources to make their advances , even historical photos of German flying saucers . But i would go further and suggest we have had our DNA enhanced at various times in our history , that would answer some of the biggest questions of all .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The deep gouges in [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]’s front door have baffled experts for many years now :shrug:

Yes, yes they have. Not least insurance company experts, who rejected claim for new front door with extreme prejudice, despite door lock conforming to BS 3621 :down:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don’t know much about the theory of the poster you’re quoting, but simulation theory itself is quite mainstream in science currently, certainly a notch above philosophy and not to be entirely dismissed.

(Although your comparison to Platos cave is quite a good one).

https://interestingengineering.com/...what-you-need-to-know-about-simulation-theory

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/11/simulated-world-elon-musk-the-matrix

just because its popular doesnt make it mainstream science. the best argument raised is if we can produce a realistic simulation in n years time, couldn't we already be in one? overlooks the need to simulate life and world around us, not just the direct life experience. so we move onto what is perception, what is reality, and back down the philosophical rabbit hole. Musk also believes aliens built the pyramids, doesn't make it any more credible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...But i would go further and suggest we have had our DNA enhanced at various times in our history , that would answer some of the biggest questions of all .

such as?

and why did the DNA enhancements not go further, give us substantial physical advantages over other animals and environment?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
such as?

and why did the DNA enhancements not go further, give us substantial physical advantages over other animals and environment?

Does make you sort of wonder what happened to all the remains of the earliest humans. Apart from the odd jaw bone found in a cave in Ethiopia, they appear to be rarer than hens' teeth. And they've only ever found five of those :moo:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bob Lazar was arrested for solicitation i believe , all he did was do some accounts for a brothel but that has followed him around . But it is brought up by people who try to debunk him . As for evidence , he told us about element 115 nine years before it was discovered . He said it was a very dense element used in the propulsion system of a UFO he had worked on . When it was discovered it had all the exact properties he had described .
Dr Steven Greer is another man with " history " but he gave up a lucrative career as a trauma surgeon to start CSETI - Centre for the study of extraterrestrial intelligence . He does charge for his weekend courses on UFO contact , but the fact is , there is a lot of good quality video evidence to prove it works . But i never take an individuals word without back up , and the list of high ranking Government officials and Military personnel that speak for him is very impressive .

I won’t dispute Bob Lazar. As I say, his story is one of the most compelling and believable. But he has no evidence. Tell a scientist about his element claims and they’ll laugh. I can say I’ve discovered an element 2xx and one day it may happen. Means nothing. But Bob is one of the more compelling cases for sure.

But... Greer IS an unequivocal charlatan I’m afraid. He charged 1000s of dollars for people to go on his weekend courses to make contact. It’s all hogwash. People have debunked his so called photos of ships he’s made contact with at these weekends (one was literally a moth).

And yes, it’s Greer who SAYS he has government and military personal backing him up. But only he says that.

There was a signed affidavit or such I believe from various personnel to say that Greer completely fabricated conversations with him and his colleagues. Greer has said for 30 years “I have documents I have disclosure evidence” and where is it. Meanwhile he lives a multi million dollar lifestyle funded by people who believe in him. Total fraud.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
just because its popular doesnt make it mainstream science. the best argument raised is if we can produce a realistic simulation in n years time, couldn't we already be in one? overlooks the need to simulate life and world around us, not just the direct life experience. so we move onto what is perception, what is reality, and back down the philosophical rabbit hole. Musk also believes aliens built the pyramids, doesn't make it any more credible.

Excuse me. I’m not quoting Musk here. Neil Degreasse Tyson and Brian Cox are advocates of simulation theory. It was once considers science fiction but is now virtually mainstream. And it’s not just about simulating words, it’s about simulation consciousness. But there is no proof of this, and I’m not claiming there is. It is completely theoretical.

Btw Do you have the quotes of Elon Musk claiming the Pyramids were built by Aliens? That seems outlandish for even him to say. Curious if that’s actually true.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Two words. Puma. Punku. Google it. Precision engineering in stone in a Bolivian construct circa 500AD of a standard that would be pretty hard to replicate today. Explain THAT one away without drifting into the realms of the, uh, unexplained. The Truth Is Out There :ohmy:

Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s aliens.

Read up on Graham Hancock [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here