Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unresolved mysteries

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m gonna stick my neck on the chopping block and go along with Swansman and Pint of Ale and a Burger.
I’m an extremely cynical person, but there are certain things about our past including civilisations, and genetic predecessors that just have too many questions. Yes maybe they are yet to be discovered and I’m prepared to accept the findings.
It seems more logical to me that aliens from other plants exist rather than God.
God/ Religion to me is an explanation or excuse why we exist, that solves and squares away the unexplainable, it makes sense those that aren’t prepared to think beyond their own isolated mundane mind.
I would rather believe in possibilities, than restrictions of religion and ignorance.

Oh no what have I said

Spot on with the comparison with religion.

People are equally religious today as they have ever been. The only difference is that previous religions were about God/Gods. Current religions, called "ideologies", are human centered religions: humans are supposedly the most intelligent creates in the universe, humans know everything or almost everything, humans are the only intelligent species, humans this humans that. Add the "me, me, me" factor - "I dont see any aliens so there are none", "I cant keep a secret so no one can" - and its entirely understandable that people are unable to imagine the existence of anything unknown to themselves.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
As a kid, I was very much 'into' all these kind of things, especially the UFO/Alien phenomenon, and read countless books about them. It was all thrilling stuff and some of it seemed so credible, at the time.
As time went on, I began to realise that there was so little real, tangible evidence to support nearly all of these ideas, which actually made me quite sad, as I was convinced it was out there.....somewhere.
Decades on and I find myself accepting that despite all the advances we've made, with cameras, telescopes, technology in general, there still remains no real evidence. I do look back on the times fondly, as I'm sure my interest in it kept me out of a lot of mischief that I would have undoubtedly got myself into.
All that said, I still truly believe there is other life 'out there' - it would be churlish to think otherwise - but I genuinely don't believe any of it has ever visited here before, and probably never will.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I do find it funny how someone can talk, proudly even, about how they believe in a man in the sky keeping score (thank you George Carlin), yet if someone merely mentions a ufo they furiously denounce it as insanity, nonsense.

Yet let’s be honest. There is far far more evidence of ufos, (photographs, witness accounts, testimonies from the military and so on) compared to a man in the sky or a man who built an ark to carry all the animals two by two.

Strange business.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Clapham Woods, Sussex

https://www.darkhistories.com/the-clapham-woods-mystery-satanism-the-occult/

According to an article by Nick Brownlow in the Fortean Times magazine, reports of UFO sightings and pets going missing or becoming ill in the area date back to the 1960s, as do reports of inexplicable nausea, sudden patches of grey mist, and sensations of being pushed or followed there.[2]

Four bodies have been found in Clapham Wood. In June 1972, Police Constable Peter Goldsmith went missing, and his body was found hidden in a patch of thick bramble there some six months later.[3] In August 1975, missing pensioner Leon Foster's body was found in the woods by a couple searching for a lost horse.[3] In 1978, the missing Reverend Harry Neil Snelling's body was found by a Canadian tourist. In November 1981, the body of Jillian Matthews, a homeless individual with schizophrenia, was discovered; she had been raped and strangled.[2]

In their 1987 book The Demonic Connection, authors Toyne Newton, Charles Walker and Alan Brown claimed that the woods were used for rituals by a Satanic cult calling itself "the Friends of Hecate".[2] However, when journalist Will Storr investigated this claim for his book Will Storr vs the Supernatural, he found no evidence to back it up besides odd campfires and unfriendly locals. Writer Barry Stevens has also expressed skepticism, suggesting that Newton and his co-authors either invented the lurid paranormal stories for their book, or uncritically accepted urban legends and rumours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapham_Wood

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I also believe that some governments has kept these things hidden for a long while but I dont believe disclosure will happen soon. It's been repeatedly said that announcing what some of us believe to be the truth could cause serious chaos and panic both from the subject itself and how the people's trust in governments/states would hit rock bottom. The world needs to be (even) more controlled and organised than it is now before any type of disclosure of that sort is made. Things that could be a massive threat to national (and international) security have "always" been classified and will continue to be that way for the foreseeable future.

Agree with that effort is made to normalise this subject, but at the same time I think people are perhaps less likely today than at any other point to believe the unbelieavable. 9/11 crushed the previously commonly prevalent distrust in authorities, the fear it caused made people crawl into the arms of the authorities.

Yes I agree it would cause panic and alarm as proven when war of the world's was broadcast and according to one of the news stories recently a top Israeli defence officer said the extra terrestrials also think we are not ready to know but the big thing the us government is worried about is if say China or India find something and then it's proven America have kept this to themselves then how would it look to the world..
I worry we will only be told once we are all chipped and plugged into the hive mind or "cloud"as they keep calling it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do find it funny how someone can talk, proudly even, about how they believe in a man in the sky keeping score (thank you George Carlin), yet if someone merely mentions a ufo they furiously denounce it as insanity, nonsense.

Yet let’s be honest. There is far far more evidence of ufos, (photographs, witness accounts, testimonies from the military and so on) compared to a man in the sky or a man who built an ark to carry all the animals two by two.

Strange business.

The problem with believing in God is they don't require evidence, belief is enough for them. Kind of freeing in a way.

The problem with believing in UFO's is the lack of sex.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wouldn’t be surprised if this planet was one big experiment, when I was a child long before I ever saw the Truman show, I pondered on is this all a show, is everyone else in my life real, so many people seem fake to me, they lie and cheat, break promises, behave in ways I find abhorrent, murder, wars, famine, abuse, algorithms things I just don’t understand people could do or why a religion or ideology would drive them to do such acts.
It all seems unreal.....

There lies the issue the absurdity of life.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
i think the strongest argument i ever heard was , man first flew in 1903 , a mere 66 years later we are on the moon ! . Yet virtually nothing in the previous 2000 years . I don`t think the industrial revolution can take credit for that . So WHO helped us ? , we must of had some help and maybe a little back engineering . Now look at the tech we have today , tomorrow i`m going to watch a game from Brighton sent by signal to the USA and all the way back to me in the West country , impresses the heck out of me , but we didn`t achieve that on our own in a little over a hundred years .

May 5, 2020
Sussex
When you consider there are more stars in our Milky Way galaxy than grains of sand on every beach in the world , and that each star could have a system of planets , and that there are as many Galaxies as stars . How can we be alone .
The US Navy released 3 gun camera films of " Bogey`s " to the public for the first time 2/3 years ago , this is a part of the disclosure you are talking about .

Yes that is the first story I believe in a campaign of slow disclosure.
Its a story that is not hard evidence but makes the main news.
Lots of these over time chip away at our subconcuous so the big news isn't too much of a shock.
And to add to the intrigue of that particular article I actually believe what we are seeing is a seagull in the footage, but they know this,they wouldn't want to put real footage out there they just want the story to be on the main news and the story is that the official line now from the us military is there is strange craft that they know about and are now taking seriously.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Didn't you solve a mystery /murder towards the end of last year? How's that going?

Good question. Apparently "my" murderer is in detention... I probably have very little do with it though. But the Hungarian prosecutors are always free to call me if they need me!

György Zemplényi is a really good mystery though. Stole diamonds worth hundred of millions in Israel after pretending to be an orthodox jew for years, couldnt swim but led the Hungarian swimming team in Olympics 1992, then moved to Malmö and pretended to be sent by the Vatican to deal with arts and also involved in football clubs and the media business and what not. Arrested in Hungary and supposedly dead under mysterious circumstances but in the documentary about him (https://www.cultureunplugged.com/documentary/watch-online/play/9273/The-Swindler) its obvious that few believe it and e.g. Mossad & a bunch of private detectives are still trying to chase him down. One of the greatest fraudsters I've ever heard of

Classic. One of those that I actually think could be solved some day, maybe not likely but far from hopeless as they might have his DNA.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
A few hundred years ago people were claiming to have been abducted in the night by witches and carried to their covens on the back of a broomstick. Now we have people claiming to have been taken by aliens onto their spaceships.

Either a) people have vivid dreams/imaginations that reflect the preoccupations of their times, or b) aliens have driven witches extinct. Personally I'm less interested in that though, than why all of these dreams seem to involve being probed.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A few hundred years ago people were claiming to have been abducted in the night by witches and carried to their covens on the back of a broomstick. Now we have people claiming to have been taken by aliens onto their spaceships.

Either a) people have vivid dreams/imaginations that reflect the preoccupations of their times, or b) aliens have driven witches extinct. Personally I'm less interested in that though, than why all of these dreams seem to involve being probed.

There's also the c), d), e) and so on options available to some of us.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here