Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Unpalatable decision

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Let them have the cup and go down just before the massive Premier League money comes in.

The FA Cup is appearing to lose some of its charm but lets be honest - if we were in their position we would be saying how great it is to be in the semi finals of the worlds best cup competition.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I have a sneaky feeling palace will go down, their form in the last ten games is the worst in the premier league

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely go down and win the Cup. No one gives a flying one about the FA Cup anymore, sadly. I couldn't name you the most recent winners off the top of my head, genuinely.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'd love to win the FA Cup. Being in the top league is all well and good but most of us have seen it or know that they will at some point.

OK, it may not be the competition it was 20 or 30 years ago but it would still be brilliant. I suspect that those saying they don't give a feck about the cup would still be queuing around the block to get tickets if it ever happened. Wasn't the Arse FA Cup match one of the highest attendances of last season?

Club owners would much prefer PL football (as it seems to be the only way to survive, financially) but I suspect most fans would prefer to win the FA Cup.

el punal

Truth to tell, I don't give a damn on any option. Alright, I do up to a point, I want Palace to lose every game they ever play. But far, far more importantly I am more concerned about our beloved Albion's performances than to be distracted by that lot up the road.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The FA Cup means literally nothing to me now, therefore Palace going down is much better although highly unlikely
Honest, fair play to you. Wrong answer, but honest! Given all the "I don't care about the FA Cup" stuff on here every season I was really expecting the first option to walk it.

And I'll tell you why it's wrong. At some time in the future Palace will get relegated. Maybe not this season, maybe not next, but it WILL happen. Like all clubs they've been relegated before and after the dust settles it's no big deal - and it gives you a promotion season to look forward to. However if they win the FA Cup that will be on their honours board FOREVER. We still occasionally hark back to the time we won the Charity Shield, and that was over 100 years ago! Let's not give them yet another reason to taunt us.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The big surprise is that not a single Nigel is on this thread. Not a single one has voted.

Insufferable bores Smuggie, SEgimpy and Little "full kit wànker" Al aren't on here to add their words of wisdom. Nothing to do with the fact they are utter gash and we're second?

It is much better on here without them.

Says the man who posts on EVERY Palace thread !!!
SE Gimpy ? How f**king old are you ? :ffsparr:

For the record, stay up, win the cup, and you stay down :smile:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Stay up and get knocked out, next season a safe Albion beat them 0-3 on the last day of the season to send them down on a goal difference deficit of 1 goal.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I don't really care what league palace are in,as long as there not winning anything

actually i prefer them in the same league as us,it's horrible when we go years without playing them

the thought of palace winning the fa cup,horrible,just horrible

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's interesting that the Palace fans who've posted an opinion seem to be saying that, given the choice, they'd rather win the Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here