Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Unpalatable decision

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Has to be option two. FA Cup winners get written into history. In 2030, nobody will give a crap that in 2016 they were a Premier League Team. They will still however, be banging on about winning the Cup (hopefully as CPFC2020 and in League One).

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I'd prefer stay up, get to the final and lose it in injury time to a penalty that was a blatant dive, even better would be to have a good goal disallowed and a stone wall penalty denied 5 minutes after. Really have them cheated out of it and give them something to feel bitter about for the next 5 years

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has to be option two. FA Cup winners get written into history. In 2030, nobody will give a crap that in 2016 they were a Premier League Team. They will still however, be banging on about winning the Cup (hopefully as CPFC2020 and in League One).

Exactly right. Just like Palace, PORTSMOUTH's financial cheating saw them survive at the top level far longer than they were due. I'd far rather their implosion had come a year later, and they'd had one more season living the lie, if in return, it meant they HADN'T got their hands on the FA Cup.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't want them to win the cup, that's for sure.

Therefore, I consider them staying up the far more palatable option.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The big surprise is that not a single Nigel is on this thread. Not a single one has voted.

Insufferable bores Smuggie, SEgimpy and Little "full kit wànker" Al aren't on here to add their words of wisdom. Nothing to do with the fact they are utter gash and we're second?

It is much better on here without them.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I've just about had it with all the arrogant gloating from the Nigels, so the sooner they go down the better. If the price is an FA Cup win, so be it.

The TV deal is huge next season and should set Palace up for years, so would rather they miss out on that, and instead be slashing budgets, selling players, struggling to meet FFP, going into admin, getting points deductions and cascading down the leagues.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Under no circumstances can The Nigels be permitted to win The FA Cup. That would allow them to have something over us. I really don't even want them in the final because they will be 2-1 up on the finals count. Unacceptable. Also easily fixed. All we need to do is reach the final next year.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To win the FA Cup will mean that their name enters the history books for all the wrong reasons. They may well stay up this year, but their form might be carried over to next year, where a final game against newly promoted Brighton seals their fate of relegation into the Championship.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Them staying up and us not going up could mean the end of there being any chance for us to compete on an even keel. As such it has to be relegation for me.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I'd take an fa cup win and relegation, Would be a day out to remember for the rest of my days.

Reckon West Ham will win the cup though, They look such a good side under Bilic.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Can't believe anyone would want them to win the FA cup.It may mean very little to the big boys these days but to win it is still a big deal for 95% of the football league. Stay up just and go in to next season on their downward trajectory.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Happy for them to them win the FA Cup. I've been clinging on to that tournament in the hope that it might gain a tiny shred of respect. If they win it that would put me out off this fruitless yearning.

Naturally this would hope to be accompanied by them going down and us going up....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd take an fa cup win and relegation, Would be a day out to remember for the rest of my days.

Reckon West Ham will win the cup though, They look such a good side under Bilic.

Good to hear, as you are playing them next.

Although I still feel your barren run has come too late for you to go down.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If Palace go down they will stay down, its take the FA Cup win.

The more likely is the opposite, they will get 5 pts from somewhere, just too many pts on board already.

Interesting Palace to go down now just 10-1, same as Albion to be Champions..

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Surely most of us are in this football fan thing for the moments of glory, not like smug Arsenal fans forever finishing fourth.

I choose the faded glory of the Cup and the white knuckle ride of the perennial league roller-coaster.

(You forgot to make the poll multiple choice)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely most of us are in this football fan thing for the moments of glory, not like smug Arsenal fans forever finishing fourth.

I choose the faded glory of the Cup and the white knuckle ride of the perennial league roller-coaster.

I'm with Nigel.

In their shoes, I'd definitely take the cup win (which is why I voted against it - naturally)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Exactly right. Just like Palace, PORTSMOUTH's financial cheating saw them survive at the top level far longer than they were due. I'd far rather their implosion had come a year later, and they'd had one more season living the lie, if in return, it meant they HADN'T got their hands on the FA Cup.
Did Portsmouth win the FA Cup recently then? What year was that?

I know they had a good run and played at Wembley but couldn't tell you if it was just the semi-final they got to, or the final, and I could care even less. Their slide down the league has been far more significant and enjoyable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here