Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unlikely places/events you've been kicked out of

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
When visiting Monet's house in his garden in Normandy in France, I was firmly told not to take photos, and signs everywhere backed this up.
Never one to shirk a challenge, it was game on.
As soon as I switched on my camcorder to sneak a bit of footage, I had my collar felt, and was frog-marched (no pun intended), straight out the door by a sixteen year old little girl.
Did get a few seconds of decent film though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What did you do at the Hungry Years to warrant an ejection?

Pepa thought i was doing something i shouldn't. Ejected and banned at sweet 17 !

A couple more have come from the depths of my memory since the last post, the Roundhouse and the Top Rank Suite for standing on a table heckling Lemmy on one of the first Motorhead tours

... and the Rose and Crown in Worthing for standing on the table singing ............... repeatedly

(I should point out that all the incidents mentioned were more than 30 years ago)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Got thrown out of the Connaught (sp??) pub in hove for throwing darts at the bar.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Pepa thought i was doing something i shouldn't. Ejected and banned at sweet 17 !

A couple more have come from the depths of my memory since the last post, the Roundhouse and the Top Rank Suite for standing on a table heckling Lemmy on one of the first Motorhead tours

... and the Rose and Crown in Worthing for standing on the table singing ............... repeatedly

(I should point out that all the incidents mentioned were more than 30 years ago)

Not Yanni or Paul?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Monet for nothing but your pics were free

Very clever.
Hey! did you know that On The Buses in 1970/71 was disrupted by a COLOUR STRIKE, industrial action by the unions meant that they refused to use new colour technology and so some episodes were filmed in black and white. Yep even On The Buses can be turned into a political binfest as seems to be the theme this week.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Me and my dog got kicked out of a charity shop in Llangollen because "Dogs aren't allowed on the floor, but you can carry her around the shop."
35kg... yeah, ok then.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I once got stuck in the toilets at the King and Queen after closing time. It would have been useful if they had kicked me out instead.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'll start the ball rolling:

I nearly got kicked out of the Meatloaf concert at the O2 on Wednesday night for flicking Vs at a steward. In my defence I was drunk and he was being an ar$e.

I once got kicked out of the Theatre Royal for telling one of the staff that she looked like Reg Varney's missus from On The Buses.

I got asked to leave the family picnic area at Drusilla's once for bad language - there was a mother, father and daughter all decked out in Man U tops - They deserved it and I really couldn't help myself.

Point of order here actually buzzer , reg varney didn't actually have a missus in on the buses , after careful consideration I believe you may have mistaken his sister "olive" who was married to a character called "Arthur" in the aforementioned series.
EDIT .....CHECK THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS ALREADY CORRECTED AN ERROR BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT A SMUG POST

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Point of order here actually buzzer , reg varney didn't actually have a missus in on the buses , after careful consideration I believe you may have mistaken his sister "olive" who was married to a character called "Arthur" in the aforementioned series.

Glad you cleared that up bushy . That could have caused all kinds of confusing mirth and jolly japery.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Wild Waters at The King Alfred (on the first day it was open).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I too was banned from the Hungry Years by the crazy Hispanic lady that owned it after being accused of smuggling in a bottle of cider. We had quite a row and she recognised me years later, despite me having had all my hair cut off, and still wouldn't let me in.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Me and my partner got kicked out of the farm shop at Middle Farm for getting pissed on the little cider testers. We were in there for at least an hour!!

EDIT .....CHECK THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS ALREADY CORRECTED AN ERROR BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT A SMUG POST

:facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I too was banned from the Hungry Years by the crazy Hispanic lady that owned it after being accused of smuggling in a bottle of cider. We had quite a row and she recognised me years later, despite me having had all my hair cut off, and still wouldn't let me in.

She had a long memory - i got banned in 1977 and once tried to get a beer in the bar downstairs about 7 years later. Was told i was still banned, never bothered again. It's not as if brighton has a shortage of bars to get thrown out of !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'll start the ball rolling:

I nearly got kicked out of the Meatloaf concert at the O2 on Wednesday night for flicking Vs at a steward. In my defence I was drunk and he was being an ar$e.

I once got kicked out of the Theatre Royal for telling one of the staff that she looked like Reg Varney's missus from On The Buses.

I got asked to leave the family picnic area at Drusilla's once for bad language - there was a mother, father and daughter all decked out in Man U tops - They deserved it and I really couldn't help myself.

Are you forgetting being kicked out of a certain event at Hove greyhounds mate? now THAT was funny :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Canada. Expired visa at Niagara Falls crossing saw me chucked into a holding room with a right load of undesirables to await deportation back to the USA.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
2006 iirc, James Kirtley's benefit season launch lunch at the Grand, I was forcibly removed by security for heckling the after diner speaker, one Piers Morgan no less.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here