Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Unknown chemical "haze" over Sussex coast

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Told the wife too shut the windows and to keep bringing me ice cold beer from the fridge !
So far so good.......

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Onion chopping contest?

images.jpg

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought I'd write a song about this disaster.

Chemical haze, all in my brain
Lately things they don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
Excuse me while I subscribe to sky
Chemical haze, all around
Don't know if we're stayin' up or down
Am I happy or in misery?
What ever it is, our strikers-force is a misery

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Loads of corking rumours on the go around Eastbourne tonight as a result of this, and even some spectacular conspiracy theories about how the emergency services knew exactly what was going on but were covering it up :lol:

Terrorism being the main theory of course. I have to say: I can't help but think it somewhat unlikely that a chemical attack designed to cause shock & fear on a large scale would be targeted at a bunch of ramblers wandering over Birling Gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Loads of corking rumours on the go around Eastbourne tonight as a result of this, and even some spectacular conspiracy theories about how the emergency services knew exactly what was going on but were covering it up :lol:

Terrorism being the main theory of course. I have to say: I can't help but think it somewhat unlikely that a chemical attack designed to cause shock & fear on a large scale would be targeted at a bunch of ramblers wandering over Birling Gap.

Is there any official theory as to what caused it yet, or are the police/environmental services still trying to figure it out?

The Pottings were in Eastbourne yesterday and affected by whatever it was.

Mrs. P ( who could worry for England) expressed fears of terrorism. My response, which was similar to one expressed by our worthy Seagull in blue above, didn't go down well!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

el punal

Just a thought. As it was a very hot day, maybe, just maybe, one of the ramblers with sweaty feet took off his socks . . . . :eek:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting suggestion in (I know, I know...) the Argus comments section: 'Spillage of cleaning chemicals from a chemical tanker washout forming nitric oxide in sunlight.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here