Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] United reject Palace loan bid for Zaha

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
On the field, yes at the moment.
Off the field, absolutely not.

Why not off the field ??

The ground, not the best but adequate, and no debts on it.

Club turned in a small profit of £3.5 mill last year , which is good.

Academy up and running and proving to be a life saver not only in players coming through but also, as a selling club it’s a good way to make money.

Support getting rave reviews from Prem fans.

Like BHA, Palace are lucky enough to have true fans running the club.

But best of all we have Palace ale on sale at every home game!!!

All in all its a great time to be a Palace fan.

But its also a great time to be a Brighton fan, so relax and enjoy supporting a team that’s on the up and stop bitching about what’s happening up the other end of the A23.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Why not off the field ??

Academy up and running and proving to be a life saver not only in players coming through but also, as a selling club it’s a good way to make money.

But its also a great time to be a Brighton fan, so relax and enjoy supporting a team that’s on the up and stop bitching about what’s happening up the other end of the A23.

I rest me case Sparkie

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Really? Zaha WANTED to come back? Seriously?

Why is it then that everyone from Martin Samuels to Tony Pulis have said he doesn't? Are they all lying or, as seems more likely, you are talking out of your clownish arse?

Pulis to Talksport: "We've spoken to David Moyes about Zaha and I don't think he's too keen on him coming back to London"

Get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself further. Nobody is lying because nobody has said that Zaha doesn't want to come back. Moyes is blocking the move.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Pulis to Talksport: "We've spoken to David Moyes about Zaha and I don't think he's too keen on him coming back to London"

Get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself further. Nobody is lying because nobody has said that Zaha doesn't want to come back. Moyes is blocking the move.

So...if QPR asked to loan him Moyes would block it? Don't be a tit.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why not off the field ??

My point was to disagree that Palace were in front of us 'off the field'.

Sure, I concede that Palace have banked 61-ish million from this year in the PL. However, the minimum budget last year for a PL team was 40 million and you won't be far off that, I reckon, with 45 odd professionals on the wage bill. Along with 6 million for Gayle and whatever other agent fees etc. have been spent.

I like the fact you have Palace Ale, and also an annual Beer Festival.

But we are talking about Palace being ahead of us... and with our training complex opening in the summer - which is going to be one of the best in Europe - I cannot see it. We will have the infrastructure to match pretty much all but the best 5,6 or 7 in the Premier League, and a chairman with a personal and family love of the football club. Luckily also with deeper pockets than all but the very richest.

Listen, I like a lot about Palace, and have some good friends who support them through thick and thin. But the comment that Palace are ahead of us 'off the pitch' is just crazy to me.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
My point was to disagree that Palace were in front of us 'off the field'.

Sure, I concede that Palace have banked 61-ish million from this year in the PL. However, the minimum budget last year for a PL team was 40 million and you won't be far off that, I reckon, with 45 odd professionals on the wage bill. Along with 6 million for Gayle and whatever other agent fees etc. have been spent.

I like the fact you have Palace Ale, and also an annual Beer Festival.

But we are talking about Palace being ahead of us... and with our training complex opening in the summer - which is going to be one of the best in Europe - I cannot see it. We will have the infrastructure to match pretty much all but the best 5,6 or 7 in the Premier League, and a chairman with a personal and family love of the football club. Luckily also with deeper pockets than all but the very richest.

Listen, I like a lot about Palace, and have some good friends who support them through thick and thin. But the comment that Palace are ahead of us 'off the pitch' is just crazy to me.

Well said. The only correction I'd make is to point out that you should not mix with the Jestermen socially. The huge shoes, cars with doors that fall off and the buckets full of confetti they throw over people all the time makes them poor associates.

And the clown make up gets all over your nice clobber.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Not really sure why Moyes doesn't play him. It's not as if plan A is working very well.

Allegedly Moyes daughter was caught smoking the bone with Winifried.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Interesting to know if this is a loan to buy move.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
5th April - Cardiff v Palace relegation 6-pointer.

How I would LOVE it if a trademark Winnifred dive settled that one :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here