Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United fans showing how to get behind their team

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always loads of them in the Exchange. No bother unlike other in other pubs I'm told

I was working in the Royal Pavillion Tavern in 1980. Saturday lunchtime, chopping the lemons, head down. Empty bar. Then I heard a whispering behind me. I turn round and 50 Mancs are going 'pint of lager; pint of lager top' etc. I goes 'Aaaaargh'. They all piss themselves. Crack on, serving. Smashing lunchtime. No bother.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Always been pretty indifferent to them as a club.

But I'm watching this game and their fans have been making an absolute racket since kick off. Of course they have plenty of kids, Japanese tourists and librarians from Guildford, Cambridge & the West Country supporting them. But logically, they also have thousands of fans who were born & bred in Manchester, Salford & the surrounding areas, who are as into their team as we are. Always thought it was a bit unfair to knock those ones simply because their local team happens to be successful. They're just an easy target, IMHO.

Agree, and you could definitely hear the Manc accent in the chanting. I guess the Hastings Reds, Dorset Red Devils etc. couldn't be bothered to travel for an evening FA Cup match against an opponent few of them have ever heard of.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Best away fans in the prem hands down. I think it's good that they seem to just sing a song over and over for a long period. We occasionally do that with Blue & White Army but would love us to do this personally. Fair play to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here