Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United fans showing how to get behind their team

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Strangely you can hardly hear them anymore, they must have gone to the loo or to get a half time drink?

Trying to be objective here: I can. That was them singing Slade. Derby fans curiously quiet, considering they've somehow dragged themselves back into the game against the run of play.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ridiculous thread.

It's as though the OP has never heard of PORTSMOUTH.

#worldsbest

We'll hear all about the plucky MINNOWS tomorrow, as they seek to slay the GIANTS of Bournemouth in the BIG FA Cup derby.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Don't open it then..you embarrass me by your lack of appreciation of another teams passionate support. Were you at the FCUM game at withdean?

Only been going since 71, so yes.
FCUM are are breakaway from MUFC, I appreciate the vocal support but am not a Licker.
I have more interest in my own team.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We'll hear all about the plucky MINNOWS tomorrow, as they seek to slay the GIANTS of Bournemouth in the BIG FA Cup derby.

That will be a very interesting game...for as long as I have supported brighton- 40 years , Bournemouth have always been the weakest of the south coast teams, with Southampton and Portsmouth, then us then Bournemouth. Now it's Southampton and Bournemouth, then us and them Pompey. Funny how fortunes change.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only been going since 71, so yes.
FCUM are are breakaway from MUFC, I appreciate the vocal support but am not a Licker.
I have more interest in my own team.

So you are a" licker" by appreciating the support of another team... Blimey

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That will be a very interesting game...for as long as I have supported brighton- 40 years , Bournemouth have always been the weakest of the south coast teams, with Southampton and Portsmouth, then us then Bournemouth. Now it's Southampton and Bournemouth, then us and them Pompey. Funny how fortunes change.

However you dress it up I don't think that we have ever been the top club on the South Coast though :down:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
However you dress it up I don't think that we have ever been the top club on the South Coast though :down:

Some on here reckon we are bigger than Real Madrid...for shame on you Icy!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hoping for a draw tonight, more minutes in their legs (and the distraction) for the Derby players.

As for the fan noise, I don't give a shit.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the difference is all Brighton fans are from the Brighton area

man utd fans are from all over,so basically glory hunters

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Always been pretty indifferent to them as a club.

But I'm watching this game and their fans have been making an absolute racket since kick off. Of course they have plenty of kids, Japanese tourists and librarians from Guildford, Cambridge & the West Country supporting them. But logically, they also have thousands of fans who were born & bred in Manchester, Salford & the surrounding areas, who are as into their team as we are. Always thought it was a bit unfair to knock those ones simply because their local team happens to be successful. They're just an easy target, IMHO.

Oooh. Derby equaliser out of nothing. This might test their singing ability...

Edna I live in Guildford and can easily confirm the Librarians at Guildford Library do not support Manure. They much prefer going to garden parties and church coffee mornings. Sorry to dash your stereotyping.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We don't know where the bum licking Man U BBC have put the crowd microphones but can guess.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We don't know where the bum licking Man U BBC have put the crowd microphones but can guess.

No different to most games on tele though, they usually put the microphone near where they think the noise will come from. Just look at Palace, sound great on TV, hardly hear them at the game.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Edna I live in Guildford and can easily confirm the Librarians at Guildford Library do not support Manure. They much prefer going to garden parties and church coffee mornings. Sorry to dash your stereotyping.

I'm from Guildford and I'd say everyone supports either Chelsea or Arsenal.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I do hope you are not suggesting television companies always show the big teams are you? After all, this is only the 49th consecutive Man Utd FA Cup match to be shown live on tv.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
to be fair they used to bring a big mob down from London at the Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here