Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Unbelievable what is happening. Have glimpsed at table over season and assumed they would fade away but now 10 points clear and every chance. What a test they have just come through. Played 3 teams below them and got 7 points.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The stadium is in effect like grade 2 listed , you are not allowed to expand it or make structural changes .

If this is the case and USG vacate the stadium hopefully another team could use it. Otherwise if its left to rot it kind of defeats the purpose of it being listed. You would have thought a reasonable solution could be found, maybe no alterations made to the main stand but expand the 3 sides of the ground which currently have those Withdean style uncovered stands.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Maybe have got it wrong but understand Union could finish 10 points clear and not be champions unless they won playoff. I know this was mentioned before but thought playoffs were for Europe place.
Also see that 80% of TV money is distributed among 5 biggest clubs that doesnt include Union. Do Union join this list if win the league or have those 5 clubs got complete control. They must be really p d of with what Union have done as must be years since an outsider challenged let alone won

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe have got it wrong but understand Union could finish 10 points clear and not be champions unless they won playoff. I know this was mentioned before but thought playoffs were for Europe place.
Also see that 80% of TV money is distributed among 5 biggest clubs that doesnt include Union. Do Union join this list if win the league or have those 5 clubs got complete control. They must be really p d of with what Union have done as must be years since an outsider challenged let alone won
They can finish top but then there is playoffs between the top 4 for the title.

It is a mini-league where the 4 teams start with half the points they have in the completed league. So a 10 point advantage in the table translates to a 5 point headstart in the mini-league.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thought I'd buy a USG tee shirt - "we are unable to send to the UK due to Brexit". Second time that's happened in a week.

They have some really nice stuff on their online shop. I really like their colours.

I’m determined to get to Belgium in the Spring and will be giving the club shop a visit along with the ground if I can get a ticket.

The thought of seeing 3 Albion players in a Championship dominating team competing for a Champions League position is incredibly exciting.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Only Undav played yesterday. I am not sure why the Polish wunder kid and Mitoma were not in the line ups. Injured? Here are the highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BpzSXO4k1k

Something of Maupay in the second goal celebration. Looked as though maybe he was hit by something and then he went on to shush the crowd whilst his team-mate further rubbed it in.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Only Undav played yesterday. I am not sure why the Polish wunder kid and Mitoma were not in the line ups. Injured? Here are the highlights

Going by their twitter account (and Twitter translate) both are injured.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surprised the Albion online clubshop dont offer a few things, with a quid pro quo for Albion stuff in Belgium.

I’m not in the least bit surprised. The last thing we need is to be making any sort of recognition of the relationship between BHA and USG and raising questions over potential conflicts of interest.

Last edited:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Strange thing is that I cannot find USG mentioned at all regarding odds for winning their league. Can anyone else find it?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BpzSXO4k1k

Did someone from the crowd behind the goal throw something that hit Undav on the head just after scoring his second goal...? ( about 3 mins 10 secs in )

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if 4F7155A3-14EF-4E1C-BA89-A2D62C82D18E.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here