Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunny comedians

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think you can only judge how funny someone really is when they are in a pseudo non-scripted situation - the only 2 we regularly watch are QI and Would I Lie To You.

From this I would rank them as follows:

Very sharp and naturally funny:

David Mitchell
Sandi Toksvig
Bill Bailey
Alan Davies
Bob Mortimer
Vic Reeves
Rich Hall
Ross Noble
Andy Hamilton
Danny Baker (not really a comedian though)
Barry Cryer

Quite sharp and reasonably naturally amusing:

Rob Bryden
Lee Mack
Jack Whitehall
Rhod Gilbert
Kevin Bridges
Greg Davies
Jo Brand
Sean Lock
Jack Dee
Johnny Vegas
Clive Anderson
Sarah Millican
Julian Clary
Ronny Ancona

Not naturally funny and desperately need a script:

Jimmy Carr
Phil Jupitus
Dara O'Briein
Jason Manford
Sue Perkins
Shappi Khorsandi
Eddie Izzard
Rory Bremner

Yes, I am VERY bored.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ah bless him, the likkle baby is frightened of women.

He's not saying women aren't funny or he is scared of them. Just that good female comedians are thin on the ground, perhaps. A statement on the misogyny of the entertainment industry? Maybe a genuine criticism of inequality, rather than simple opportunistic PC twittery?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find Jon Richardson particularly unfunny. Some friends got us tickets to see him at the Dome a year or two back, and oh dear, it was all dreary introspection.

Oh, and that bloke with the big black beard that dresses like a Religious Studies teacher and appears to live round here cos he's always in the Crown & Anchor is eminently forgettable.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ross Noble. Terrible comedian. Ruins QI when he's on it. Maybe I'm missing it but this is what he sounds like to me on stage or on shows ...

"Yeah, and then imagine the Wombles were all riding motorbikes into Wembley and Uncle Bulgaria was drunk so kept falling off but the Clangers and Michael Parkinson put him in a taxi and sent him to the moon where he established a colony of yoghurt men who knitted dreams and magic"

Utter cock.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh and note to Dara O'Briene, saying "Uhhh" at the end of every "joke" does not make it funny.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Stewart Lee was okay at the Dome last week. Even if the material wasn't particularly 'funny' he's someone worth listening to and he did a good value for money 2 hours plus set, unlike Dylan Moran a few years back, who could barely bothered to do 20 minutes of shit material, went off for an interval, came back and did another 20 minutes of mediocre stuff and then f/ked off. Really poor show from Moran, who obviously thought that with his 'stellar' reputation he could get away with it (and he did).

The thing about Stewart Lee is that he refuses to do all the TV panel shows, unlike all the familiar dross who sell their souls appearing on them.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Paddy McGuinness - saw one of his Stand up DVD releases, he'd obviously forgot to put any jokes into his routine as it was just one long advert for Greggs the baker.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Russell Howard & Jack Whitehall for me. Cannot stand the pair of them. Instant TV turn off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She is the pits. Makes Miranda seem like Richard Pryor. Of the female comedians on the UK circuit I think Katherine Ryan is pretty good.

Tbh most of the current British lot are poor when compared to the likes of Burr, Rock, CK, Stanhope, Jeffries etc.
Doug Stanhope's performance is very funny, pure filth but funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here