Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfunny comedians

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Russ Abbot and Barrymore chap are both rubbish and not funny. Saying "awight" whilst doing a head stand is just not funny unless you like Lenny Henry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dawn French is rubbish as well. Can you imagine what it must have been like round at their house when she and Lemny Henry were together?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dawn French is rubbish as well. Can you imagine what it must have been like round at their house when she and Lemny Henry were together?

Like this I'd imagine?

image.jpg

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'm in agreement with the OP,women just aren't funny

sure they try to be,through gritted teeth,but they'ed all much rather be moaning,something they excel at

blokes can take the piss out of each other and generally have a laugh

women are far to sensitive

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm in agreement with the OP,women just aren't funny

sure they try to be,through gritted teeth,but they'ed all much rather be moaning,something they excel at

blokes can take the piss out of each other and generally have a laugh

women are far to sensitive

Bang on

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've met plenty of hilarious women in person, I've seen quite a few on telly giving quite funny interviews. But when they get up onstage with a mix in the hand they are literally NEVER funny.
People say that Joan Rivers was hilarious. Really? The stuff I've heard of her she was a bitter old hag whose entire act consisted of slagging off the various men in her life.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
With the emphasis on 'pony'. Must be a horrible life being Al Murray, knowing you've got to go out and flog that tired old act, night after night, til the mortgage is paid.

Saw him last Saturday and he had the place roaring with laughter for the best part of two hours.

Unfortunately it wouldn't have helped pay off his mortgage as it was a benefit gig for Camkids.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Frankie Boyle has the rare-for-nowadays power to cause outrage while being smart and funny as f*ck. Wipes the floor with eight out of ten of these cats :bowdown:

(Live, that is. His book 'My Shit Life So Far' is just about unreadably unfunny)

I have to disagree. I used to find him quite funny on Mock the Week when there was a certain restriction on what he could get away with. I then tried watching a couple of his stand-up gigs on Netflix and there was nothing clever about it whatsoever, he was just insulting anyone he could with a barrage of swear words.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Michael McIntyre, Miranda Hart, Michael McIntyre, Sarah Millican, James Corden, John Bishop, Michael McIntyre, Alan Carr, Vic Reeves, Michael McIntyre, Shappi whatnot, Russell Brand and Michael McIntyre

Aside from Michael McIntyre, I'm sure that all of the above have the ability to raise the occasional smirk and possibly may be funny live and away from the constraints of TV but on TV they are all crap. Vic Reeves was ok with Bob Mortimer and almost didn't make the cut but is such a knob that he deserves his place.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I have to disagree. I used to find him quite funny on Mock the Week when there was a certain restriction on what he could get away with. I then tried watching a couple of his stand-up gigs on Netflix and there was nothing clever about it whatsoever, he was just insulting anyone he could with a barrage of swear words.

This nails it for me.

On Mock the Week it was like he had to work harder to push the envelope without straying outside what would be broadcast, making him be pretty smart about it (which I thought made it funnier).

As soon as he went off to do his own thing it was like he was trying so hard to maintain his 'I'll say anything me' persona that he forgot the funny bit. Just lots of ranting.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good thread.....
-Macintyre - seemed to be ok at first but now predictable
-Flanagan - I like him. Good live
-Boyle - was good (on MTW especially) but now just goes out of his way to offend all the time
-Al Murray - better live but bit of a one trick pony
-Miranda (and almost all other wimmin) - crap. Can't stand in particular watching Sarah Millican (unfunny, grating voice, sad bint) or Shappi Khorsandi (look at me, I am Iranian and unusual)

O/T, but Dara O'Brian was sensational live. Absolutely brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here