Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unfair Euros Fixtures

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Really? I've seen about 60% of the games so far and in my opinion, it's been excellent.

I think the last few minutes in most games has been exciting - but the majority of games have been pretty dull with not much attacking.

It's set up so a point can see you through so no one is going to risk much as a draw isn't a terrible result.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
UEFA ruined club euro competitions
by changing the old formats,European Cup,UEFA Cup,Cup Winners Cup,to CL and Europa Cup.
Now by increasing teams in the Euros the've made it clearly unfair.
As has been said it's all about the money.

Wait till the Nations league starts......

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I generally only follow the qualifying stages where England are concerned so was quite shocked to see that the Netherlands did not qualify,
What happen there?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think I could ever describe an international WC or Euros as 'dire'. There are a stupid number of games, yes a few bad ones always but there will always be great games - it's football no matter where it's played! Enjoying it as I do every Summer with a major :) Glad others on NSC are too.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There appear to be a few JCL into these international competitions.
In the group stages, especially the EARLY games, it has always been a very cagey affair.
Every team knows that a loss in the first game means their backs are against the wall in the next two, so they set up to not lose.
For some viewers this may come across as dire, for others, perhaps excellent.

I still think that when we get to the knock-out stages it would be beneficial for everyone if the penalty shoot-out were to be completed BEFORE kick off. That way, one of the teams knows they MUST go out and score. PLUS the viewers have had the excitement of pens. Win, win?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The time will come when it will be a seven week tournament. Initially the last placed teams in the qualifying groups (meaning every country in Europe qualifies, including Scotland & Gibraltar) will play each other to progress. This eliminates four teams. Next will include Third placed teams and eliminate two teams and so it goes on until we all get bored and France play Spain in the final having not played any games before at all.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Surely not? Any players that looked any good would soon be known across the world, if they weren't already.
What about our Accadamy lads can see what level they got to get to.
I think our first team could give some of these teams a good game.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
There appear to be a few JCL into these international competitions.
In the group stages, especially the EARLY games, it has always been a very cagey affair.
Every team knows that a loss in the first game means their backs are against the wall in the next two, so they set up to not lose.
For some viewers this may come across as dire, for others, perhaps excellent.

I still think that when we get to the knock-out stages it would be beneficial for everyone if the penalty shoot-out were to be completed BEFORE kick off. That way, one of the teams knows they MUST go out and score. PLUS the viewers have had the excitement of pens. Win, win?

I would get rid of pens. At the end of extra time they should just play on under 'next goal wins' rules. This would stop teams playing out 90 mins and extra time defensively in the hope of getting to pens. I realise games could go on for a long time but it would be great fun if they did as the players got more and more tired!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What is it with Brighton fans that they have to find a scapegoat and someone to hate, Ashley Barnes and now Dier, personally I think he has played very well so far so leave him alone.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I've enjoyed the tournament on the whole so far. Most of the matches have been a good watch and it has been good having some newcomers playing tournament football like Albania and Iceland, while also having some countries back in the finals for the first time in a generation or 2 such as Wales, Northern Ireland and Hungary.

Strangely, the worst game of the tournament that I've seen was Germany-Poland and yet that was probably one of the most anticipated matches of the group stage when the draw was made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here