Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Undeserved Reputations

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
This may be contentious, but when my wife had cancer, we found the Macmillan Nurses/organisation of very little help at all.
The ads on the telly make out they carry out all kinds of good deeds and are a very caring organisation.
We found them unhelpful and It is quite difficult to understand what they actually do.
No doubt, others will have had different experiences and good outcomes, but I can only tell it like I find.

I fully concur with this.

Added to which I had the distress of my Mother's Macmillan nurse informing me (without any prompting I hasten to add) that in her experience it was terminal and my Mum had 2 years left to live at best.

This caused me so many sleepless nights I can't begin to tell you.

Mum got the all clear a while ago.

Very poor form. :nono:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It was in the papers a couple of weeks ago that Thorntons Chocolates and Easter Eggs in particular where made by a company who also make the same for Aldi to the same recipe. The difference being Thorntons were £15 and Aldis were £3. We went to Crawley on Easter Saturday and the queue for Thorntons in the centre was out of the door, Madness.

Thorntons made the eggs for Aldi.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Virgin Trains. Undeserved reputation in that everyone slags them off when they're (in my experience) the best train company in Europe by miles. As long as you book in advance you can get a first class ticket for cheap. I've never paid more than £49 each way from Brighton to Manchester (and as little as £22 each way Brighton-Birmingham) and that includes free alcohol (the only train company that does free booze in the UK), free food, hot drinks, WiFi, newspapers, plus use of lounges with free tea, coffee, juice and WiFi at Euston/Piccadilly/etc. A first Southern ticket to Victoria (pre-10am travel) would likely cost over £30, so Virgin are charging about a tenner for the London-Manchester bit with all the free stuff! I simply don't get why everyone thinks Virgin are shit...
That'll be because of the hundreds of millions this government and their earlier Tory cronies have given them in subsidies. It's like nationalising the privatisation so they can stay privatised.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Harvey's beer, all brews..
Because it's a local brewery everyone seems to fawn over it.
The taste is turgid and dull and shite.

They really are crap aren't they. Might be the biggest local brewery but for people with Ouseditchwaterdisease.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe nobody has gone Bozza-fishing on this thread yet :lol:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The Klopp lovefest that is on the TV screen a few feet in front of me right now, The over hyped much waited for homecoming of the messiah has proved that exciting with two teams trying to out-mediocre each other, I'm posting on this forum.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Peroni. It's an alright lager but people seem to think it's the best in the world just because it's vastly overpriced IMO.
Agree with Hersheys and will throw in Beats headphones as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here