Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Undeserved Reputations

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
British Airways – “The World’s Favourite Airline”, certainly not in my experience. Prefer Virgin, Singapore Airlines and KLM

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Prefer Virgin, Singapore Airlines and KLM
The KLM will take you there
Last plane to trancentral (it's the last plane)
This is what KLM is about
Also known as the justified ancients of mu mu
Furthermore known as the jams

One time!
Take the last plane
Last plane
All aboard, all aboard, a-woah-ho
All aboard, all aboard, a-woah-ho
KLM! unh huh, unh huh, unh huh, unh huh
KLM! unh huh, unh huh
KLM is gonna rock you

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Every Christmas and Easter, my wife has a habit of buying the grandchildren Thorntons chocolate eggs or whatever as a 'treat' ... and we pay exorbitant charges for the privilege.
If you were to offer me Cadburys instead of Thorntons I would snatch your hand off 100 times out of 100.
Thorntons chocolate is turd.

How on earth did they get a reputation for being something special?

I'll give you another one ........ Marks and Spencer Food.
Why does it have a reputation for being 'better quality'?
My wife buys milk from anywhere and everywhere, but without fail the Milk that always goes off the quickest is the stuff we buy from Marks.

Anybody think of any other reputations that are totally false? ... (e.g. Joey Barton is an intelligent misunderstood good guy underneath his public face ...)

Marks grub rocks, end. The complete range will have highs and lows, but overall the best, and not as overpriced and pretentious as Waitrose. Their wine I will not buy as it is totally overpriced mind.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tories being able to run a government or being financially competent

The financially competent is a good one. They peddle the myth that Labour governments borrow more and that the Tories have to put things right when, in fact, it's the Tories who borrow more while Labour pay back the National Debt. Fortunately for the Tories, they have friends in the media who can hide the real figures and baldly state how incompetent Labour are

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
John Lewis, including Waitrose.
JL's delivery and after sales service leaves a lot to be desired.
Over-rated company.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
This may be contentious, but when my wife had cancer, we found the Macmillan Nurses/organisation of very little help at all.
The ads on the telly make out they carry out all kinds of good deeds and are a very caring organisation.
We found them unhelpful and It is quite difficult to understand what they actually do.
No doubt, others will have had different experiences and good outcomes, but I can only tell it like I find.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I do think M&S food is generally vastly superior to the supermarkets TBH.

It has gone downhill recently, imo. Most bread products are rubbish, the bacon is watery and terrible and the chilled pizzas which used to be the best available in a super market are now a distant second to Co-op.

Though my Mrs swears by their various oriental ready meals.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Three stores which live off their reputations and price accordingly: Waitrose, Waterstones and Clarks Shoes. Buy my groceries, books and shoes elsewhere at similar quality or same product, but a fraction of their prices.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Virgin Trains. Undeserved reputation in that everyone slags them off when they're (in my experience) the best train company in Europe by miles. As long as you book in advance you can get a first class ticket for cheap. I've never paid more than £49 each way from Brighton to Manchester (and as little as £22 each way Brighton-Birmingham) and that includes free alcohol (the only train company that does free booze in the UK), free food, hot drinks, WiFi, newspapers, plus use of lounges with free tea, coffee, juice and WiFi at Euston/Piccadilly/etc. A first Southern ticket to Victoria (pre-10am travel) would likely cost over £30, so Virgin are charging about a tenner for the London-Manchester bit with all the free stuff! I simply don't get why everyone thinks Virgin are shit...
Totally agree - I have been a fairly regular user of their service between Kings Cross and Newcastle over the last few years and am yet to find cause for complaint.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Harvey's beer, all brews..
Because it's a local brewery everyone seems to fawn over it.
The taste is turgid and dull and shite.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Joey Barton has an undeserved reputation for being an intellectual.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here