Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Underrated Welbeck

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
To give a slightly balanced view on this he had the shit kicked out of him tonight with no protection from the officials.I take it a lot of criticism tonight has come from half wits who have never kicked a ball in anger. Get a grip!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To give a slightly balanced view on this he had the shit kicked out of him tonight with no protection from the officials.I take it a lot of criticism tonight has come from half wits who have never kicked a ball in anger. Get a grip!
Ah, now i get why he fecked up two decent chances tonight, thanks for the clarification.

I like Welbeck but not as a goal scorer

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The thing is, it’s Sliding Doors isn’t it?

Perhaps Ferguson would have scored twice, perhaps he’d have got injured in the first ten minutes.

The coach knows what he’s asked of each player, we don’t.

I’m of the opinion our attacking players barely got a sniff until about five/ten minutes before half-time, I don’t think it really mattered who was up top for the first 40 minutes, they didn’t get the ball.

I’m not convinced Welbeck is our best attacking option any more, but I’m not going to criticize him for having a pop at goal given our lack of opportunities before that point.

If it had gone in, we’d be lauding his brilliance, he wasn’t far away. All we can do is support the team that’s out there.
This. We should expect our strikers to shoot when in that position - just a shame it didn't go in.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Didn’t clock an offside. Just reacting to what others had said - doesn’t really change the point about the Welbeck pile on.
Fatigue off when ball played through, but welbeck took that ball, fati onside if welbeck then passed as he was then behind him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here