Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under 21s tonight

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One question: did we really easy £1.5M for Manu? He looked completely anonymous tonight. It's not looking good for him so far. Hopefully he can only get better.

Yeh it seems like it could be the one poor signing - and an expensive mistake too. I've seen some flashes of brilliance but they're few and far between. I think signing of the Wolves lad suggests Hughton really isn't impressed with Manu either - strange one.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yeh it seems like it could be the one poor signing - and an expensive mistake too. I've seen some flashes of brilliance but they're few and far between. I think signing of the Wolves lad suggests Hughton really isn't impressed with Manu either - strange one.

Hughton said last week that Manu was taking longer to settle than hoped but that there was time for him to make an impact this season still

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Seems a lot of our youngsters are versatile in positions, Dessie Hutchinson who played right back tonight is an attacking midfielder

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hughton said last week that Manu was taking longer to settle than hoped but that there was time for him to make an impact this season still

Let's hope so. Really want him to do well but he looked uninterested tonight. Perhaps he is a bigger game player?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Hope I'm wrong, but that is starting to sound like diplomatic speak for the new Toko...............

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He looked ok going forward but they got behind him too easily and he didn't seem to know where his attacking player was half the time. I assume that Jessie Starkey is injured as he has played left back for the under21's in most games and look fairly proficient.

Starkey's only had a handful of games at left back, he's a midfielder really. Dylan Barnett would be first choice U21 left back.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just back from game. Goldson and Tilley impressed me, Hunt looked okay but I wouldn't say he's near enough to the first team yet. Biggest disappointment was Harper. Was really excited when I saw he was playing, but I think he must have only had 7 or 8 touches in the game, and didn't find a team mate with more than half of them. Personally think we looked a lot better when he went off.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just back from game. Goldson and Tilley impressed me, Hunt looked okay but I wouldn't say he's near enough to the first team yet. Biggest disappointment was Harper. Was really excited when I saw he was playing, but I think he must have only had 7 or 8 touches in the game, and didn't find a team mate with more than half of them. Personally think we looked a lot better when he went off.
Oh dear. That doesn't sound v encouraging.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear.

Oh well, in the last transfer window we did get in Bong, Rosenior, Uwe, Murphy, Zamora.....oh, and Hemed. Just have to write that off as a reasonably good transfer window then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One question: did we really pay £1.5M for Manu? He looked completely anonymous tonight. It's not looking good for him so far. Hopefully he can only get better.
Anyone thinking the Albion, or any other club for that matter, could bring in 9 (?) players and have them all be an instant success is delusional.

Manu main attribute, at the moment, is showing us how good the other signings have been.
He's young, and he only arrived 4 months ago, plenty of time yet.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Team started off ok, played well for first 20 mins, then arsenal started dominating the game.

Maenpaa- Looks a decent keeper

Hutchinson
Barclay
Goldson- looks a great defender, really stood out.
Hunt

Forster-Caskey- pretty poor
Holla-looked really really poor
Harper- didnt really touch ball, and when he did he lost it.

Tilley- looks a great prospect, very left footed tho
Akindayini- had no support but looked decent enough
Manu- some great, some really bad. theres defo something about him just so hot and cold. did some great skill in second half, then couldnt pass a simple ball.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Danny Holla was an absolute embarrassment to be called a professional footballer tonight.
Miss-placed passes all night. Couple of Hollywood passes out of touch. Managed to put a corner out for a goal kick was the pinnacle of his poor performance. Hardly broke into a sprint all game.

Goldson was the stand out performer tonight. Comfortable on the ball. Decent distribution. Good leader and talker of the back four. Nearly scored a lung busting goal in the second half. Cracking prospect to have at our club.

Manu is quick but lacking a footballing brain, always chooses the wrong option.

Arsenal youngsters very quick and pacy on the break. Number 5 - Bielik is a hell of prospect for them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Danny Holla was an absolute embarrassment to be called a professional footballer tonight.
Miss-placed passes all night. Couple of Hollywood passes out of touch. Managed to put a corner out for a goal kick was the pinnacle of his poor performance. Hardly broke into a sprint all game.

Goldson was the stand out performer tonight. Comfortable on the ball. Decent distribution. Good leader and talker of the back four. Nearly scored a lung busting goal in the second half. Cracking prospect to have at our club.

Manu is quick but lacking a footballing brain, always chooses the wrong option.

Arsenal youngsters very quick and pacy on the break. Number 5 - Bielik is a hell of prospect for them.

You'll notice myself and a few others watching the stream agreed re Holla. Just looks awkward & was proper shit! I expect that's the last time we'll see him in an Albion shirt although didn't someone on here say he was another in silly Burke wages so maybe ala Kemy, we won't be able to shift him out?

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Young, and on say £5K plus plus a week and showing nothing after four months. Geez - what, would I give for a deal like that? Made for life!

Don't be too harsh, Wayne Rooney is on £300,000 a week and he's been shite for the past year!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone seen the attendance for this? Looked on official site and there is a report but no figure given. Be interesting to know. Looked quite a decent turnout, maybe 750 to 1000?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here