Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Under 21s Against Blackburn

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was looking to attend the Brighton v Blackburn U21 fixture at the training ground. The tickets appear to have sold out almost instantly, every time I attend there is loads of empty seats. Why can't we sell as many tickets as seats? But I am not convinced that 25 people got there before me. So the question I put forward to anyone? Does ANYONE have a ticket to this fixture? I am starting an investigation.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And to answer @jackalbion nope haven't got tickets or know anyone with tickets. Usually try to get along to U21 matches myself but missed out on this one.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Are those results just PL2 or all competitions? Swear they seemed to be doing quite well recently.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
And to answer @jackalbion nope haven't got tickets or know anyone with tickets. Usually try to get along to U21 matches myself but missed out on this one.
Those tickets never appeared on the website! I had been monitoring that ticket page on the U21's site for a number of days waiting for information or avaiblilty, then the club created the page saying 'SOLD OUT' for anyone wanting a ticket for that game. Bit odd.

I guess they'll mix up the team with Sussex Senior Cup game against Littlehampton on Wednesday as well?

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
went to get one for myself and my son and was extremely surprised to see it said SOLD OUT, like you say there’s normally a lot of seats empty…. be interesting to see the club’s response to this

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Everyone missed out on it, its bizarre, not to go all conspiracy theory, but I think they literally went up as sold out. I've emailed the club and they claim they went on general sale, when there is absolutely 0 proof anyone got one, and 0 proof they ever went on sale. I didn't think the thing that would make me finally go full on Q-Anon against the club would be U21 tickets but there you go. AFC Varndeanians v Newhaven for me instead.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
went to get one for myself and my son and was extremely surprised to see it said SOLD OUT, like you say there’s normally a lot of seats empty…. be interesting to see the club’s response to this
Club seem to be in denial that this was the case but you are now the 4th person whos said this to me. There is always 90% of the stand empty, so I don't see why they can't be made available?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Those tickets never appeared on the website! I had been monitoring that ticket page on the U21's site for a number of days waiting for information or avaiblilty, then the club created the page saying 'SOLD OUT' for anyone wanting a ticket for that game. Bit odd.

I guess they'll mix up the team with Sussex Senior Cup game against Littlehampton on Wednesday as well?
Incorrect. The tickets were on the site last Monday, about 40 I think. I guess the club doesn’t want too many people wandering around the training ground

Edit - and I’ll be outside the training ground tonight wearing a sheepskin coat touting 39 tickets 😀😀

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Most of the U21s are on our first team bench now, apart from Moises obvs.
There's a whole team of them (plus enough to warm the bench) out on loan! This team would, I reckon, do pretty well in League 1:
Rushworth
Tsoungui - Turns - Furlong
Jenks - Leonard - Weir - Roberts
Richards - Tolaj - Adingra​
That still leaves out the likes of Spong, Miller, Khadra, Beadle, Kozlowski - and probaly a few other I've missed out! Of course, though, the priority is development rather than winning PL2 - which that lot probably could.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Maybe they'll take advantage of the over-age players rule this time - the U18s (or sorry, we appear to have to call them the Men's U18 team these days) played on Saturday, and although it is about development, we don't want to lose this - and we certainly don't want to lose the Sussex Senior Cup by playing (literally) kids, shirley?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Club seem to be in denial that this was the case but you are now the 4th person whos said this to me. There is always 90% of the stand empty, so I don't see why they can't be made available?
A rather empty stand this evening! Got to be operational reasons for limiting tickets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here