Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let's put in a bid for that Victor bloke who's banging them in for Coventry
(Cheers potter)
He is nowhere near a top 10 aspiring premier league striker

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He was brilliant at Stains, but today he took a pony penalty that Sanchez couldve saved if he just stood still, and the goal was a fluke and shouldve gone down as a Colwill OG, he scuffed the shot and it totally changed direction after hitting Colwill legs and wouldve been saved if it hadnt.
In other words he scored twice.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Need to loan him out, but no one in championship will take him. Perhaps league 1 better and then just get rid to anyone who bids a million. Really shit, worse than locadia.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Personally I thought Undav did exactly what he should have done today. He stayed in the middle of the goal, kept making the runs likely to produce goals. I saw Haaland have a very similar game yesterday. Trossard, March, Gross etc are the ones we should be looking at. Lots of missed chances to deliver and lots of dross coming into the box

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've never rated him as I said from the start on here, albeit can't lay much of the blame at his door today. Once Lallana went off early we seemed to lose the midfield and think RDZ got the sub wrong to bring on Enciso - Gilmour was surely the man to bring on and push Ali Mac further forward.

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
Personally I thought Undav did exactly what he should have done today. He stayed in the middle of the goal, kept making the runs likely to produce goals. I saw Haaland have a very similar game yesterday. Trossard, March, Gross etc are the ones we should be looking at. Lots of missed chances to deliver and lots of dross coming into the box
mate, your obviously mental! No no no no - A striker is not supposed to hide in the game, offer nothing, offer no threat- make runs? What bloody runs. I didn’t see him hardly move. Mental comment.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
mate, your obviously mental! No no no no - A striker is not supposed to hide in the game, offer nothing, offer no threat- make runs? What bloody runs. I didn’t see him hardly move. Mental comment.
So every time we're knocking the ball about on the edge of the box, he's backward and forward. Trying to stay onside, trying to attack the ball with momentum. That's why I made the Haaland from yesterdays game comparison, not like they are anything like the same quality, of course not, but they are two players who will have similar heat maps. Neither will work the channels or drop deep much.

Imagine had Undav dropped deep and one of the wingers actually found a decent ball across the box to nobody. Then there would be cause to complain.

Maybe Undav will come to something maybe he won't, but I don't think we can really judge that from today's game. It was the lack of quality on the build up that was the problem

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thought Undav and Welbeck were both utter shite TBH

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He is nowhere near a top 10 aspiring premier league striker
This. He never looked up to PL level when he was with us and Championship seems to be his level. Undav scored for fun at a similar level last year.

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
So every time we're knocking the ball about on the edge of the box, he's backward and forward. Trying to stay onside, trying to attack the ball with momentum. That's why I made the Haaland from yesterdays game comparison, not like they are anything like the same quality, of course not, but they are two players who will have similar heat maps. Neither will work the channels or drop deep much.

Imagine had Undav dropped deep and one of the wingers actually found a decent ball across the box to nobody. Then there would be cause to complain.

Maybe Undav will come to something maybe he won't, but I don't think we can really judge that from today's game. It was the lack of quality on the build up that was the problem
Wishful thinking mate. You can tell instantly that the lad is not up to it- his body language for a start tells us that. He even thinks he is shit.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Need to loan him out, but no one in championship will take him. Perhaps league 1 better and then just get rid to anyone who bids a million. Really shit, worse than locadia.
Every team in the Championship would want a player who scored 26 goals and made 13 assists in the Belgian league. Maybe he wouldn't be a starter in all of them, but it would certainly be a very merited striker by Championship standards.

Any team from 12th place downwards will probably give him a lot of game time.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I also think it's fair to make the point that although Ings got 2 today, one was a pen which could have been saved and one was a mis hit that trickled in.

I don't think you could say Undav did better or worse than Welbeck. Neither had any sort of chances or made any sort of impact. I'm still putting it down to a general lack of quality and speed in the final third rather than any of them did anything especially badly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I also think it's fair to make the point that although Ings got 2 today, one was a pen which could have been saved and one was a mis hit that trickled in.

I don't think you could say Undav did better or worse than Welbeck. Neither had any sort of chances or made any sort of impact. I'm still putting it down to a general lack of quality and speed in the final third rather than any of them did anything especially badly.
We generally toiled up front today, despite Solly working his socks off, trying to get the ball in to the non-existent fox in the box. Quite telling that the nearest we got to scoring an equaliser imho was when Trossard finally found enough space to get a clean shot off in the second half. Other than that there wasn't much joy in the final third. Some grudging credit is due to Villa's defending there

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He was brilliant at Stains, but today he took a pony penalty that Sanchez couldve saved if he just stood still, and the goal was a fluke and shouldve gone down as a Colwill OG, he scuffed the shot and it totally changed direction after hitting Colwill legs and wouldve been saved if it hadnt.

Anyone can save a penalty that goes straight down the middle if they stand still but that's not what nearly all goalkeepers do.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
6 months in the Championship would be good for him. If he does well, give him a new chance in the PL. If it doesn't work quite so well, sell him - think there would be plenty of takers in somewhat smaller leagues.
...........or lend him back to USG.
Wouldnt mind using him as a makewight to get Ben Brereton Diaz
I would!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here