[Albion] Undav

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I thought Undav did exactly what he should have done today. He stayed in the middle of the goal, kept making the runs likely to produce goals. I saw Haaland have a very similar game yesterday. Trossard, March, Gross etc are the ones we should be looking at. Lots of missed chances to deliver and lots of dross coming into the box
Exactly.

There was one early cross the time he was on, and Villa just got back in time.

As usual people looking for a scapegoat. I thought Welbeck was no better the time he was on.

Some shocking crossing, Trossard protecting himself.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Better giving those odd minutes to Ferguson. He's a waste of squad place. Loan in January and reassess in the Summer but it's clear he's way off atm.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let’s all give Undav a kick when it was Dunk and Mac who cost us the game? NSC bonkers!!!!
How about criticising all of them for different reasons? Is that OK?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly.

As usual people looking for a scapegoat. I thought Welbeck was no better the time he was on.

Both Welbeck and Undav were anonymous, awful performances. Chaotic Mings (aside from being a relentless header, that’s his one forte) was there was the taking.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Better giving those odd minutes to Ferguson. He's a waste of squad place. Loan in January and reassess in the Summer but it's clear he's way off atm.
Yes, Ferguson should have come on instead of Undav. But that's hindsight.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Its fair enough. I suppose the question I'd ask anyone having a pop at him today is , did he contribute less than welbeck?
First real time I've been pissed off with Wellbeck. He looks terrified of the box. Everyone saying there were no decent crosses, I remember one or two. One particularly good one in the first half from the left - Pervis or Tross and there wad literally no one in the box so it looked crap. I checked wrllbeck and he's about 15 yards rom the box and wasn't involved in the build up. It's all well and good getting plaudits for your work rate and link up play but he's got to offer a threat. I remember talking to an Evertonian friend of mine, during one season Calvin Lewin actually scored a load of goals under Ancellotti after he had been earmarked as this target man hold up player who doesn't score much. Apparently Ancellotti's advice was. 'Get as close as you can to the goal and stop running about, always shoot, it's your job' MASTER TACTICIAN.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Both Welbeck and Undav were anonymous, awful performances. Chaotic Mings (aside from being a relentless header, that’s his one forte) was there was the taking.
True, but whereas Ings got between Dunk and Colwill, with ?Buendia very close to him, Trossard was literally nowhere near either Welbeck or Dunk, and even a donkey like Mings (with a colleague) can comfortably deal with a single player

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly.

Both Welbeck and Undav were anonymous, awful performances. Chaotic Mings (aside from being a relentless header, that’s his one forte) was there was the taking
True, but whereas Ings got between Dunk and Colwill, with ?Buendia very close to him, Trossard was literally nowhere near either Welbeck or Dunk, and even a donkey like Mings (with a colleague) can comfortably deal with a single player
ings is a far better player and forward than Welbeck. Despite long injuries, decent stats, he just finds dangerous spaces and turns up every week.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Both Welbeck and Undav were anonymous, awful performances. Chaotic Mings (aside from being a relentless header, that’s his one forte) was there was the taking

ings is a far better player and forward than Welbeck. Despite long injuries, decent stats, he just finds dangerous spaces and turns up every week.
I take your point and agree, but it is unhelpful being isolated and no have no support

Very difficult game to judge him given how everyone is in a bad mood about the game. Ings is a class act but Undav didn’t get the mistakes to feast on that Ings did

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

But we don't do strikers, remember? We're now apparently in some kind of halcyon post-striker era where they're no longer a thing - based on the large number of gormless posts following the recent rare purple patch where goals have been flying in from everywhere except the designated striker

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personally I thought Undav did exactly what he should have done today. He stayed in the middle of the goal, kept making the runs likely to produce goals. I saw Haaland have a very similar game yesterday. Trossard, March, Gross etc are the ones we should be looking at. Lots of missed chances to deliver and lots of dross coming into the box
This. Pathetic scapegoating from a few. Final pass was dire all game…..Martinez had naff all to do.

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
This. Pathetic scapegoating from a few. Final pass was dire all game…..Martinez had naff all to do.
Nobody is blaming Undav for why we lost today. Makes me laugh when you do-gooders start banging on about scapegoats etc. Fans are allowed to vent frustrations on these millionaire footballers, including our own. Undav is f***ing shit and is simply not good enough. I say probably the worst striker we purchased in our PL history. But I’m not using him as a scapegoat to why we lost today, but he certainly didn’t help as was useless! Get your head out your arse…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports