Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Undav set on Stuttgart move

Deniz Undav, the Brighton and Hove Albion striker, has reiterated his desire to stay at VfB Stuttgart for the upcoming season.

Speaking at a press conference in Germany today, Undav’s comments were reported by Florian Plettenberg.

During his loan spell with Stuttgart, Undav has enjoyed a stellar season, netting 18 goals and providing ten assists in 30 Bundesliga matches. His impressive performance has garnered significant attention, praise, and a call-up to the Germany squad, making it highly probable that he will be part of Julian Nagelsmann’s team for Euro 2024 this summer.

Stuttgart is eager to retain him on a permanent basis and holds an option to do so, but has been hesitant to meet the required fee, expressing a desire to negotiate a lower price with Brighton. However, Brighton has shown no inclination to reduce the fee thus far.

Meanwhile, Undav has consistently expressed his happiness at Stuttgart and his wish to make the move permanent, a sentiment he reiterated today.

When asked about his future with the German club, he said, “I hope so. The discussions are ongoing. We have to see what happens. I have expressed my desire. I hope I can stay with VfB Stuttgart. That’s my goal. I want to have a strong season with Stuttgart next season.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here