Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Sams now delivering

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, we all saw your thread. At least mine is something people might want to actually discuss, rather than posting F.A.O Admins Please Look At Me Everyone My Minor Grievance Is Very Important.

You could’ve contacted them directly, or just look at the dates of the post like everyone else does, or just stayed quiet and ignored it. Any of those would’ve been better options, yes?
That thread from @Tom Hark Preston Park could be forum-defining ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're correct, it does.
I've noticed that the two I frequent are staffed usually by a certain type of individual, like the tree hugger, nose ringed, ear gauged type of chap.
I often thought (obvs wrongly) they tended to be of the vegetarian flavour and likely to give Uncle Sam's a wide berth.
Grubbs near St Peter's church used to be the same. Girls with loose hanging washed out sleeveless tops giving an all too quick glimpse of side-boob and underarm hair as they handed the previous customer his greasy bottomed brown paper bagged order.
Is it a prerequisite for employment at Uncle Sam's everywhere or just where I get my chosen burger from?
I used to frequent the Grubbs at the western end of Western Rd many years ago ….but feel cheated that there were no “glimpse of side boob” …although quite pleased to have missed out on the underarm hair

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Have to have Uncle Sam's on the drive home from Worthing every half term. When I was a kid in the 70s, we used to catch the bus from Shoreham to Montpelier Road to get dinner and eat it on the bus home.

Jul 7, 2003
Whenever I travel "home" to Brighton I have to get a chilli burger with extra chilli at Uncle Sam's either at Carden Avenue or Warren Way. Nothing this way, or anywhere actually, comes close.
Way back in the 80s/90s I went to the Uncle Sam's head office? in School Road Hove to ask if I could buy a bulk container of their chilli sauce.
They wouldn't sell me one. (sad face emoji)
Not sure if all franchises are the same but last time I was in the Burgess Hill one, you could buy a tub of the chilli sauce to take away (a fiver I think)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We always have an Uncle Sams @ the Hangleton shop before every home game....Chillie Burger and Shake way better and better value than food served @ the Amex
Drive down from East Midlands, and always if on time, up to carden Ave, for garlic or blue chesse burger, fries and chocolate shake, then off to Mill Road P&R, grub in car, then very satisfied 'breath monster' on bus.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Aussies do a foul thing tho eh called an Aussie Burger that features BEETROOT in an otherwise perfectly OK burger. WTF?!
Bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato, cheese and beetroot in an Aus burger iirc.
I rather liked it. There's a particular level of hangover that kicks in around lunchtime that it's just the thing for.
In fact it's so good I even made one at home and it was epic.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Drive down from East Midlands, and always if on time, up to carden Ave, for garlic or blue chesse burger, fries and chocolate shake, then off to Mill Road P&R, grub in car, then very satisfied 'breath monster' on bus.
Don’t know how you stomach it 🤔 that would be the Mill Rd P&R 😏

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Only had one once .

Stayed down in Worthing for the playoff semi-final second leg against Palace.
Had some time to kill before meeting a mate at the cricketers in Broadwater pre-game.

Chilli cheese burger.
It was amazing.
One of the best burgers I've ever had.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
My old mate is coming down from Bexhill today, meeting him at the Patcham Uncle Sams, just for a couple of burgers. He's addicted to them....🍔🍟

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My old mate is coming down from Bexhill today, meeting him at the Patcham Uncle Sams, just for a couple of burgers. He's addicted to them....🍔🍟
Their chili cheeseburger is your friend

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Their chili cheeseburger is your friend
How 'chilli' is it? I don't cope too well with REALLY hot stuff, but like a bit of a kick to it...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How 'chilli' is it? I don't cope too well with REALLY hot stuff, but like a bit of a kick to it...
Certainly not mouth burning - quite sweet but with a kick. I’m not into extra spicy stuff myself, this is just right for me. But obviously taste is subjective!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Certainly not mouth burning - quite sweet but with a kick. I’m not into extra spicy stuff myself, this is just right for me. But obviously taste is subjective!
Cheers. I'll make sure I get an extra milkshake at the same time, just in case :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here