Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Sams now delivering

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It'd be too cold by the time it got here, would be nice though.
The closest thing here is Hungry Jacks, without the pickled gerkins that they seem to love putting in, can't stand the bloody things.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It'd be too cold by the time it got here, would be nice though.
The closest thing here is Hungry Jacks, without the pickled gerkins that they seem to love putting in, can't stand the bloody things.

Hungry Jack's is Burger King, some copyright issues with the name apparently.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Aussies do a foul thing tho eh called an Aussie Burger that features BEETROOT in an otherwise perfectly OK burger. WTF?!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to love an Uncle Sams, but they do go a bit heavy on the salde.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Posted elsewhere but I just smashed a double chili cheeseburger, fries and milkshake and I’ve got to say they are still hands down the best burger bar in Brighton.

Advice: be sure to use the original Montpelier Road store (open since 1971) - the taste hasn’t changed since my first one as a young kid in the early 90’s. Some of the franchised stores can vary in quality.

A proper institution.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Posted elsewhere but I just smashed a double chili cheeseburger, fries and milkshake and I’ve got to say they are still hands down the best burger bar in Brighton.

Advice: be sure to use the original Montpelier Road store (open since 1971) - the taste hasn’t changed since my first one as a young kid in the early 90’s. Some of the franchised stores can vary in quality.

A proper institution.
I just MINCED past the Upper Shoreham Road branch on my way to the Post Office (not to use some out of date stamps) and was almost tempted in. Love an Uncle Sams.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bored of these idiot bounces of ten year old threads now :yawn:
Yes, we all saw your thread. At least mine is something people might want to actually discuss, rather than posting F.A.O Admins Please Look At Me Everyone My Minor Grievance Is Very Important.

You could’ve contacted them directly, or just look at the dates of the post like everyone else does, or just stayed quiet and ignored it. Any of those would’ve been better options, yes?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, we all saw your thread. At least mine is something people might want to actually discuss, rather than posting F.A.O Admins Please Look At Me Everyone My Minor Grievance Is Very Important.

You could’ve contacted them directly, or just look at the dates of the post like everyone else does, or just stayed quiet and ignored it. Any of those would’ve been better options, yes?
Guess what? I am not your enemy :shrug:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

A proper institution.
We always have an Uncle Sams @ the Hangleton shop before every home game....Chillie Burger and Shake way better and better value than food served @ the Amex

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Whenever I travel "home" to Brighton I have to get a chilli burger with extra chilli at Uncle Sam's either at Carden Avenue or Warren Way. Nothing this way, or anywhere actually, comes close.
Way back in the 80s/90s I went to the Uncle Sam's head office? in School Road Hove to ask if I could buy a bulk container of their chilli sauce.
They wouldn't sell me one. (sad face emoji)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whenever I travel "home" to Brighton I have to get a chilli burger with extra chilli at Uncle Sam's either at Carden Avenue or Warren Way. Nothing this way, or anywhere actually, comes close.
Way back in the 80s/90s I went to the Uncle Sam's head office? in School Road Hove to ask if I could buy a bulk container of their chilli sauce.
They wouldn't sell me one. (sad face emoji)
The sauce tastes exactly the same as it did back then. Amazing really considering the suppliers have undoubtedly changed multiple times since then. That’s what I love about them, the consistency - I always get the double chili cheeseburger and it always comes identical. (I always collect though, maybe deliveries vary)

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
The sauce tastes exactly the same as it did back then. Amazing really considering the suppliers have undoubtedly changed multiple times since then. That’s what I love about them, the consistency - I always get the double chili cheeseburger and it always comes identical. (I always collect though, maybe deliveries vary)
You're correct, it does.
I've noticed that the two I frequent are staffed usually by a certain type of individual, like the tree hugger, nose ringed, ear gauged type of chap.
I often thought (obvs wrongly) they tended to be of the vegetarian flavour and likely to give Uncle Sam's a wide berth.
Grubbs near St Peter's church used to be the same. Girls with loose hanging washed out sleeveless tops giving an all too quick glimpse of side-boob and underarm hair as they handed the previous customer his greasy bottomed brown paper bagged order.
Is it a prerequisite for employment at Uncle Sam's everywhere or just where I get my chosen burger from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here