Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unbeaten in ten or only three wins in ten?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think it is both but we are keeping pace with clubs who have spent a lot more money than we have. And every club we play against always describe us as a very good side so we must be getting things right

larus

Or, the last 8 games. W3 D5.
Or, the last 12 games. W5 D7.

Yes, if you choose a certain slice of games it looks "not so good", but we're still above the 2 points/game.

We have 3 (possibly 4) more tough games in the next 5.
Birmingham - H
Charlton - H
Derby - A
QPR - A
Middlesbrough - H.

Hopefully, we'll get some of the players back soon to bolster the squad. The bench did look a bit weak today compared to what weve had earlier in the season.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought today would be the first defeat, even before I saw how many were out/injured, but, credit where it's due, we looked very difficult to beat, and not losing to your rivals away is the key to promotion in this division.
Todays game was a perfect example of the championship this season, well matched teams, no one really standing out, and the Managers being the most important members of the team

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see it that Hughton is getting the most out of this squad that he can. The consistency is remarkable, not one collective bad match in 18. Even champions-elect Citeh had a stinker yesterday.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Joint top but gutted to not have beaten Huddersfield, Bolton & Preston, the rest of the results are pretty impressive

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Joint top, unbeaten all season, averaging more than 2 points per game, fantastic team spirit. Glass full to brimming for me, in relation to this season against expectation.

But. I think watching on the TV can allow one to be more objective as to our long-term situation. We are a solid team with a game plan that all the players buy in to. We are playing at just about our limit. Comparisons with Burnley 2 years ago come to mind. They were similarly solid. They lasted one season in the top flight. By my judgement, we have a maximum of 4 players who could start at PL level and one of those is 35.

We are having a brilliant season but we are a long way from being PL ready, on the pitch.

PG

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Glad to see everyone is positive. As others have said, to not be beaten away at Reading, Weds :lolol: and Burnley is brilliant. Win the next two home games and it will look even better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Definitely 3 wins in 10. This unbeaten run thing is a bit annoying/misleading as we've dropped a fair few points. I'd rather have lost 1, but converted 2 draws to wins

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Glad to see everyone is positive. As others have said, to not be beaten away at Reading, Weds :lolol: and Burnley is brilliant. Win the next two home games and it will look even better.

Yep, and with KLL due back, perhaps a new striker, and Bong a month down the line of his rehabilitation which will free up Rosenior, then from Feb onwards we could really push on. Hopefully injuries will be low and Tomer can start scoring.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
One very happy bunny here.
Need to find a way to score goals though.
Birmingham will be tough. They are better away from home, score relatively freely, and are good at falling over in the box.
Very good point today - that's three good away performances in a row but today especially we looked composed on the ball and in control.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Tom Huddlestone was on Goals on Sunday this morning and described us as the best team they had played. I always liked Tom Huddlestone.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are having a brilliant season but we are a long way from being PL ready, on the pitch.
Wouldn't really expect us to be, at this stage. If we do go up, I would expect some of that lovely PL money to be spent on players who are too expensive for us in the Championship, or who wouldn't want to drop to the Championship anyway.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Much better than last year, BUT to be real contenders we should have converted some of those draws into wins. They will cost us later in the season, and we are in danger of tailing off.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Very happy indeed. Another game we would certainly have lost last season. Annoying to get hauled back to 1-1 so soon after a lightning start, but we controlled large parts of the game, looked dangerous on a number of occasions and thoroughly deserved that point. No reason with players returning why we can't start notching up some wins with the home games coming up - and that could see us opening up a lead at the top again. Happy days.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Much better than last year, BUT to be real contenders we should have converted some of those draws into wins. They will cost us later in the season, and we are in danger of tailing off.

Why are we in danger of tailing off? This is our bad patch, when you consider all the injuries we have at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here