Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Been poor for a while . Concerning

Would drop if we get a new striker

His moaning isn't a good sign . Doesn't look content

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm hoping it is mainly a fitness issue and a goal will help boost his confidence. His body language hasn't been all that since his return but hope that is just his frustration at not being 100%.

I also have a slight concern that he might have been listening to transfer whispers........the sooner the transfer window is over the better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But he got two at Charlton, but has been lacklustre since

I fancy he will regain his form, but I'd love to see him with a partner, or someone like Wickham playing off him. We are TOTALLY reliant on him to hold up play and score our goals. Physically he doesn't strike me as a bloke that can play lone striker week in, week out and remain at the top of his game. CMS and Ulloa is the partnership everyone wants to see but realistically that's 2-3 weeks away.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
He played well tonight the ref was a prick, or a cheat, or a Burnley fan.
Leo got absolutely nothing, quite unbelievable.

One of the worst I've seen in ages.

Exact same thing happened at Leicester. Was very frustrating, and then the ref had the cheek to book him over nothing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He needs someone to work more closely to him. It must be difficult leading the line with no support, you win a header......... it gets cleared. You hold the ball up........ the options are limited........

I feel a bit sorry for him. (Of course no different to Barnes when Ulloa was injured).

Just off form, he'll come back soon enough (his body language isn't great though).

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He needs someone to work more closely to him. It must be difficult leading the line with no support, you win a header......... it gets cleared. You hold the ball up........ the options are limited........

I feel a bit sorry for him. (Of course no different to Barnes when Ulloa was injured).

Just off form, he'll come back soon enough (his body language isn't great though).

CMS?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Same tonight.
Got carded for finally telling the ref what an ******** he was.

He has be told by Oscar and Nathan that he wont get many free kicks awarded in his favour like he did when playing in Spain because he'll get no protection from the referees.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
ill say this once but say it loud and it also refers to CMS and Barnes

A CLASS STRIKER DOES NOT JUST SCORE GOALS ffs

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yes, but as you say a lower division. The higher the level the less chances you get, as defenders will close the space off..... All chances need to be taken.

Agreed, would like to see the 2 of them together though.

I seem to remember they played together for about 20 minutes in the second half at Wednesday last season and looked bloody dangerous.

I have had a few lagers now though, so that could be rubbish :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He has be told by Oscar and Nathan that he wont get many free kicks awarded in his favour like he did when playing in Spain because he'll get no protection from the referees.

The Ref at Derby took the absolute piss when it came to Ulloa. He was fouled for 90 minutes - including being pulled back in the box when trying to latch onto a rebound - and didn't win a single free kick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports