Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa out for "2 months"

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Conway and Barnes up top then. Maybe Buckley at a push, but I prefer him with space to run into. Our injury crisis is now so ridiculous we're going to need to change formation IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Got to be honest, not really sure what your point is.

Is this a rant at the fact that people are worried about our predicament that we have only one fit recognised striker or about the fact that everyone is all doom and gloom?

I suspect it's the latter, but without trawling through this thread, your post would appear to be a little misplaced. I would suggest you click on the Log Out button on the top right hand side of your screen, go and get yourself a cup of tea, and chill out. :cool:

I know the thread is not full of doom and gloom, but there is enough negative nancys for my post to be relevant. People are talking as if our season is over already.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Hmmmm, CMS still on crutches, several players off form, relegation scrap anyone?

Not sure about that but...I am worried about a quote from the Argus where Oscar says something like "the club have known what we need from the start, but now we have Ashley Barnes"

I am reading this as him saying that the club are not getting him what he wants and not getting a striker.

I hope I am wrong but what with Poyet saying we hit the ceiling etc. (ie no more big signings etc) and now this from Oscar...

To me, and many thousands of others, we all said that we need at least one striker if not two, that Barnes and Ulloa could get suspended or injured any time, yet we have signed nobody at all. We lost Ulloa suspended and still did nothing and now...we are in serious sh*t!

Burke says we have players monitored and can move anytime for whatever we need, really? Why have we sat around then? Are we really saying that we will wait for Obika? He doesn't even look that good!

I believe that this season is about consolidation but there is a big difference between that and just sitting back when we clearly need strikers and more importantly, supporting our manager's views on what he needs!!

What do others think?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak

Calderon~Upson~Greer~Ward

Crofts~Ince~Andrews

Buckley~Barnes~Lualua​

For the time being at least. It just means that Andrews, Crofts and Ince will have to make a big effort to get up the pitch when we're attacking. Hopefully Bridcutt isn't too far away now either.

Still looks a decent team to me.

:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
X
I was fearing worse than 2 months. 6 games is not the end of the world BUT we surely must move for a loanee now. I hadn't appreciated that insurance covers injuries, means we have no excuse.

Chris Wood would be great - can't believe he's not involved at Leicester.

PG

I have seldom seen an ex loan striker so wound up and loving it when he scored against us as Wood did for Milwall. I get the impression that he is non too impressed with us. Having said that I wasn't that impressed with him when we last had him on loan but have to admit he looked the business for Millwal.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Kuszczak

Crofts~Ince~Andrews

Buckley~Barnes~Lualua​

For the time being at least. It just means that Andrews, Crofts and Ince will have to make a big effort to get up the pitch when we're attacking. Hopefully Bridcutt isn't too far away now either.

This for me till we get a decent loan striker in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kuszczak

Crofts~Ince~Andrews

Buckley~Barnes~Lualua​

That's fine until Barnes also gets injured or (more likely) gets himself sent off. Then we're buggered.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Not sure about that but...I am worried about a quote from the Argus where Oscar says something like "the club have known what we need from the start, but now we have Ashley Barnes"

I am reading this as him saying that the club are not getting him what he wants and not getting a striker.

I hope I am wrong but what with Poyet saying we hit the ceiling etc. (ie no more big signings etc) and now this from Oscar...

To me, and many thousands of others, we all said that we need at least one striker if not two, that Barnes and Ulloa could get suspended or injured any time, yet we have signed nobody at all. We lost Ulloa suspended and still did nothing and now...we are in serious sh*t!

Burke says we have players monitored and can move anytime for whatever we need, really? Why have we sat around then? Are we really saying that we will wait for Obika? He doesn't even look that good!

I believe that this season is about consolidation but there is a big difference between that and just sitting back when we clearly need strikers and more importantly, supporting our manager's views on what he needs!!

What do others think?

Depending on how much game time you can assure a loanee and his club gets, will determine the better quality loanee who would come in.

For as long as Ulloa was fit he would always be in the starting 11, so only a lesser quality player would have thought about coming here. The position we are now in is more desirable for a quality loan player to step in, in affect it gives us more bargaining power because game time would be 100% guaranteed.

I have no worries that a quality loanee queue is now being formed with a better selection now that Ulloa is out.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Looking on the bright side for a second... at least it means that more than likely Ulloa won't be going anywhere in the January transfer window!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If they're looking for an instant 3 monther, I'd go for Alberto at Liverpool. He's about 5th choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Alberto_Romero

On 15 September, The Spaniard featured in an under-21 match for the Reds against Sunderland, in which he scored a hat trick and received praises for his performance.

Decent player but Liverpool spent a fair amount of money on him so not sure he will be coming here. He is not an out and out striker either. However i would not say no if he turned up on our doorstep for 3 months.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are in deep doo doo without a decent striker left in the squad now :(

Brighton 0

You really do thrive on posting the negatives at this club don't you :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Decent player but Liverpool spent a fair amount of money on him so not sure he will be coming here. He is not an out and out striker either. However i would not say no if he turned up on our doorstep for 3 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIb7T7s25YE

I see what you're saying but he played upfront here (just googled it).
Rogers' decision to either play for the U21s or get some proper football for three months. They're out of the COC too so he has to wait for the FA Cup to get a look in.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Sod it, put Rohan Ince up front just keep putting ball in the box...he's big enough to get on the end of a cross

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here