Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa out for "2 months"

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Chri Wood is not involved at Leicester for a reason. Think he was a little heavey on the beers over the summer and is carrying some puppy fat.
We really need someone who is hungry to make a name for themselves. Can think of a few decent young players in the premier league who would benefit from some game time. Rather that than a porky over weight waste of space.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I can't believe its October and we are in, The situation that we could all see occurring in AUGUST.. We didn't sign a striker as no need according to club, then we ll get one at start of loan window to cover CMS and here we are and nothing has changed... It does seem that they seem VERY slow in sorting these things out in comparison to our rivals ..
We will now see what ambition we do or don't have.. Nothing against Barnes but in his last 5 games from Reading to Sheffield Wed he has scored 0 goals.. Add to that what the rest have contributed apart from ulloa and we HAVE a problem.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree - this situation will show whether the club's finances match all of our ambitions.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
With my 0 years of management experience I would personally put Buckley up top in a crisis. He has the pace. He has some height. He can finish.

Go on Oscar. BE BRAVE.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
can we bring in Harry Kane please

and also Jon Parkin for the demolition job on 85 mins

although Chris Wood i think would do a job, especially if he can get back to the form he was in playing for Leicester end of last season

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We've needed a striker since CMS got injured in March. The failure to get one in is hard to understand and incredibly frustrating.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I was fearing worse than 2 months. 6 games is not the end of the world BUT we surely must move for a loanee now. I hadn't appreciated that insurance covers injuries, means we have no excuse.

Chris Wood would be great - can't believe he's not involved at Leicester.

PG

Yes 6 games not end of world and agree with you . Always a chance it could be 5 as well.

Failure to get a loan would upset the fans a lot but we haven't got a loan before when in dire need so not confident

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
We'll get some decent loan striker, sign a few flair players in January. Combined with this we'll get all our players back from injury fighting for a place in the squad. And by April, hey presto top 6 finish, up via the play offs :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
rahahhha blaah blah blah GARCIA OUT BARBER OUT FOOTBALL IS OVER FOREVER

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Stephen Ward up top.

He has scored in the Premier League don't you know. The PREMIER LEAGUE.

Might be worth a crack. Put Calde at left back at Ward up top. Ward has played as a striker in the Championship before. Thing is, it has been 4 seasons since he last played there.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
rahahhha blaah blah blah GARCIA OUT BARBER OUT FOOTBALL IS OVER FOREVER

Got to be honest, not really sure what your point is.

Is this a rant at the fact that people are worried about our predicament that we have only one fit recognised striker or about the fact that everyone is all doom and gloom?

I suspect it's the latter, but without trawling through this thread, your post would appear to be a little misplaced. I would suggest you click on the Log Out button on the top right hand side of your screen, go and get yourself a cup of tea, and chill out. :cool:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
We've needed a striker since CMS got injured in March. The failure to get one in is hard to understand and incredibly frustrating.

Yes but for all that time we have played a formation that only requires one out and out striker. And we have had a fit and very good striker in that one position. So teams are reluctant to loan out their players unless they are guaranteed to start which is why it has been difficult to attract what NSC deems to be a suitable second striker. I think that is soon about to change given the our change in circumstances.

If it doesn't, well then we have the right to ask serious questions of the club. Don't think it has ever been solely about money.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Chri Wood is not involved at Leicester for a reason. Think he was a little heavey on the beers over the summer and is carrying some puppy fat.
We really need someone who is hungry to make a name for themselves. Can think of a few decent young players in the premier league who would benefit from some game time. Rather that than a porky over weight waste of space.
who was that striker from Arsenal who did the rounds on loan a couple of years ago ? Would solve problem pro temp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here