Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa gone....

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's take the money and run. That money from this transfer fee alone, will go a long way to reducing the debt, and what with our season ticket sales again there will be money made available in the transfer market.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Let's take the money and run. That money from this transfer fee alone, will go a long way to reducing the debt, and what with our season ticket sales again there will be money made available in the transfer market.
Our falling ST sales you mean, the ones that won't be helped by the sales of our top goalscorer?

As it happens I think the club have done a great bit of business, turned £2m into £7/9m in just 18 months for a still questionable top quality striker. The important bit starts now, how much will Sami get to spend on the squad? Hopefully a big chunk as there was also the Bridcutt fee just six months back.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wonder how soon NSC will decide that he was shit anyway.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Good luck to the bloke. Enjoyed watching him play for us and will never forget his goal against Arsenal and the injury time winner in front of me at Forest !
Hope he does well at Leicester as they do play some great attacking football and 4-4-2 will suit him better than our formation of last year
And a handsome profit was made on him as well.
Time to move on ........

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Not bothered. Players come and go. Cant understand how so many people get their knickers in a twist every time a player leaves.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Sorry to see him go, I'm sure he'll do well with liecester and wish him the best.

But we've had it off haven't we? 7 million plus... Very happy with that but only if the funds go back into the squad

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He's better than we saw. Garcia only playing one up top and a row of defensive midfielders left him the only guy defences needed to mark. If Leicester get 2,3 or 4 on the box he'll get a lot more space & time to show his class. Pity
Let's get a predictable signing announcement the same day to try and fool us it's simply one in one out...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not shit and would have liked him to stay, but a 5 mil profit in 2 years, for a guy that I don't think will have much of an impact in the prem is a sound enough result for us. Just hope Sami is allowed to recruit the few more we probably need to have a squad that can properly challenge at the right end of the table.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
On a positive note, there is only Buckley left whom PL clubs would want to poach.

As things stand it's a shame Blackpool at home isn't our first game. That would be competitive.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not bothered. Players come and go. Cant understand how so many people get their knickers in a twist every time a player leaves.

...bit blase...he was our top goalscorer...leader of the front-line....holder-up of play...best header of the ball, offensively and defensively...worried the life out the opposition.....very, very difficult to replace.....still...he was only another player...why bother.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So true. But the fact is, his goal-scoring record for us was fairly good and he'll be difficult to replace. Oscar starved him of service.

Just disappointing.

It's what happens when we get good players- sign player, scores goals, best player in the world, sell player, he was shit anyway, moan that we should have kept him 6 months down the line because he would have won us the champions league.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
On a positive note, there is only Buckley left whom PL clubs would want to poach.

Sure about that?....I think its pretty common knowledge now that ' Mr Hamstrings ' has an ongoing problem, that may never be resolved. Far too risky an investment for anybody at this stage. He can only play short groups of games before he breaks down and his form in those games is usually patchy to say the least!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
£7m is a pretty good deal as far as the club is concerned but how much of that will be paid upfront?

Wouldn't be surprised if half is upfront, some based on appearances, and some based on whether Leicester survive in the Prem.

Don't hold your breath for us suddenly going out and thinking we have £7m to spend (which many on here will expect) - it ain't gonna happen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Our falling ST sales you mean, the ones that won't be helped by the sales of our top goalscorer?

Where do we have evidence that we have falling ST sales apart from rumours in a couple of threads on here. They were c21K back in March when the club last announced figures. Not far off the 23K from last season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As things stand it's a shame Blackpool at home isn't our first game. That would be competitive.[/QUOTE]

Blackpool have a lot of work to do just to make the opening day!...they can't even play any friendlies at the moment!...a couple of goalkeepers, about 15 outfield players and some backroom staff would help.
Could be a lot of loanees heading towards Bloomfield Road, pretty sharpish.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wonder how soon NSC will decide that he was shit anyway.

Oh Commander, I think this thread demonstrates that you're somewhat behind the times.
My view: a good -- rather than a great -- goalscorer, with a number of qualities, but severely lacking in that other key striker commodity of pace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here