Ulloa flag

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Large One's design for me.
The Argentine flag, and Leo in his Albion Kit....that means something to everyone, the regional flag would mean nothing to 90% of the home fans or the opposition.
We are happy to cheer his goals and chant his name, then we should embrace his nationality.

It would mean something to Ulloa... and that's the objective isn't it?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Great effort TLO, well done!

btw, interesting how steamed up some posters get about the Falklands compared with the almost universal defeaning silence that accompanies the continuing injustice meted out to the indigenous inhabitants of Diego Garcia who were forcibly evicted from their Island home by Great Britain so that America could develop a strategic military base there and have ever since lived in poverty and squalor in Mauritius. Not really surprising though I suppose, the displace people aren't white and there are no mineral reserves nearby.

Talk about double standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depopulation_of_Chagossians_from_the_Chagos_Archipelago

Yawn..... like every other 'overseas territory' owned by Spain, Portugal, France, Holland, USA, and any of a dozen more nations,.... why be selective?.... anyway, get off this thread. Its about a flag.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
It would mean something to Ulloa... and that's the objective isn't it?

I also think that with the regional flag Ulloa would be taken aback that we bothered to research where he actually comes from! makes the Argentine flag seem less personal.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
415-277-flag146118.jpg

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I also think that with the regional flag Ulloa would be taken aback that we bothered to research where he actually comes from! makes the Argentine flag seem less personal.

Yeh, but that's not the reason we'd be doing it is it. We'd be doing it is because some people can't separate sport from politics, and also because of a degree of jingoism. And I bet Ulloa himself would work that out pretty quickly as well. Argentine flag or no flag at all for me.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Just saw this apologies if fixtures !!!

386542_487389217995722_1467484497_n.jpg

You say he’s The Cyclone (say he’s The Cyclone),
He wears blue and white (wears blue and white),
He played against Palace (played against Palace),
And made them look shite (made them look shite)

...and I'm feelin' Glad Ulloa.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Remember it's Ujjoa not Ulloa. It just doesn't work.

Ohh Leo Ulloa to the white stripes is the best option for a song and a cool Ulloa Cyclone flag would be the best.
Remember Palace got well and truly hit by the cyclone!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Just saw this apologies if fixtures !!!

View attachment 40607

You say he’s The Cyclone (say he’s The Cyclone),
He wears blue and white (wears blue and white),
He played against Palace (played against Palace),
And made them look shite (made them look shite)

...and I'm feelin' Glad Ulloa.
Brilliant, although would change last line to
"we're loving Leo Ulloa...."

although that buggers up the song and Tshirt!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yeh, but that's not the reason we'd be doing it is it. We'd be doing it is because some people can't separate sport from politics, and also because of a degree of jingoism. And I bet Ulloa himself would work that out pretty quickly as well. Argentine flag or no flag at all for me.

Wtf???... get a grip sir.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Lots of good ideas on here... could we put some of these to vote?

Spending some of the flag money on one of these flags seem like a better idea than the giant flag that had previously been suggested as a use for the leftover 'stand or fall' money. One of these Ulloa flags could be kept and looked after by one/two people.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I prefer to think of him as a naturalised Brightonian.

An Argy flag; not for me.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yawn..... like every other 'overseas territory' owned by Spain, Portugal, France, Holland, USA, and any of a dozen more nations,.... why be selective?.... anyway, get off this thread. Its about a flag.

The day you become a moderator is the day I'll take any notice of you.

I recognise the thread is about a flag, did you miss my comment in support of it?

Other countries actions are besides the point, however woefull they may have been.

Your inability to recognise the pertinence of my btw in the context of Great Britains' anomalous treatment of the population of 2 different islands and your irrational response brands you as a flabby brained flapper mouth.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They've not invaded us and killed British troops in the last 30 years have they.

Ah, so 30 years is the limit? I was curious whether it was 50, or 20. It's 30. So French, German, American flags are ok?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports