Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa flag

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I wouldn't consider buying a flag anyway, but even if they were given out for free I wouldn't wave it. I'm British and proud.

I don't see why this conversation has even got this far to be honest. This is about hanging a flag in support of a player. He happens to be from Argentina, so we could show support for him by showing him his country's (or region's) flag.

If I played in Argentina I'd be dead chuffed to see an English flag with my name on it in the crowd. I wouldn't be expecting to see an Argentinian standing up, hand on heart, singing God Save the Queen.

I think it's just a way of us fans showing appreciation to a great player who bangs in goals, gives his all and seems like a top bloke.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Not sure what's currently happening with the coffers, but I'd happily chuck in a bit more for an Argentine flag.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I think we can safely conclude that plenty of people would be quite happy to wave the flag in support of a particular player, and there are a few objectors. Each to their own.

Those who want to, wave your flags. Those who don't....don't. No need to argue about it.

Nail on head there edna.
I am a Falklands veteran and I would not wave the flag, equally I would not be upset with those people that would like to wave it. Each to their own.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I don't see why this conversation has even got this far to be honest. This is about hanging a flag in support of a player. He happens to be from Argentina, so we could show support for him by showing him his country's (or region's) flag.

If I played in Argentina I'd be dead chuffed to see an English flag with my name on it in the crowd. I wouldn't be expecting to see an Argentinian standing up, hand on heart, singing God Save the Queen.

I think it's just a way of us fans showing appreciation to a great player who bangs in goals, gives his all and seems like a top bloke.

THIS.
The definative post on this whole thread, plus TLO's design of course.
No-one is suggesting the whole crowd waving Argentine flags, just one flag/banner hanging from the back wall.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The day you become a moderator is the day I'll take any notice of you.

I recognise the thread is about a flag, did you miss my comment in support of it?

Other countries actions are besides the point, however woefull they may have been.

Your inability to recognise the pertinence of my btw in the context of Great Britains' anomalous treatment of the population of 2 different islands and your irrational response brands you as a flabby brained flapper mouth.
I fully understand the reference you attempted to make, just not why you felt the need to throw it into this thread about a flag for Ulloa. If you must beat the anti-imperialist drum, do it on a separate thread.

...and I am well read about the origins and issues with the Diego Garcia scenario, and I feel sympathy for their plight, but like almost all the overseas territorial situations, they were born from a less enlightened time, and like it or not, in most cases it is impossible to apply the arguments in a modern day context, or even attempt a modern day solution to suit all parties.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
THIS.

No-one is suggesting the whole crowd waving Argentine flags, just one flag/banner hanging from the back wall.
Exactly, lets get it done, who holds the purse strings, who knows someone to do the flag?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ah, so 30 years is the limit? I was curious whether it was 50, or 20. It's 30. So French, German, American flags are ok?

I refer you to post 93.

I'm now done with this. Wave your Argie flag for all I care.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I quite like the Argentine flag....

It has a really pretty blue and that son in the middle is kinda neat.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
I quite like the Argentine flag....

It has a really pretty blue and that son in the middle is kinda neat.

My brother-in law was killed in the Falklands so I wouldn't contribute to getting one but if others do then I'm not upset by it either... and as others have already said I support ALL our players on the pitch whatever and whoever they are - even Barnes :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is simple. Argentinian flag. On the top stripe "Glad" and on the bottom stripe "Ulloa".

Such a flag will crystallise his St. Patrick's Day Massacre performance forever, and the thought of it staring Palace fans in the face makes me smile.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
btw, interesting how steamed up some posters get about the Falklands compared with the almost universal defeaning silence that accompanies the continuing injustice meted out to the indigenous inhabitants of Diego Garcia who were forcibly evicted from their Island home by Great Britain so that America could develop a strategic military base there and have ever since lived in poverty and squalor in Mauritius.

It's far worse than that. A large number of them now live in CRAWLEY :ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is simple. Argentinian flag. On the top stripe "Glad" and on the bottom stripe "Ulloa".

Such a flag will crystallise his St. Patrick's Day Massacre performance forever, and the thought of it staring Palace fans in the face makes me smile.

I agree.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
No problem with the flag, personally, but we really ought to have a few more songs for him. I would propose this (to the tune of 'the animals went in two-by-two'):

He scored a brace against The Scum
Leo, Leo,
He scored a brace against The Scum,
Leo, Leo,
He scored a brace against The Scum and David got the other one,
Su-per Leeeeeoooooh, Brighton's number nine!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No problem with the flag, personally, but we really ought to have a few more songs for him. I would propose this (to the tune of 'the animals went in two-by-two'):

He scored a brace against The Scum
Leo, Leo,
He scored a brace against The Scum,
Leo, Leo,
He scored a brace against The Scum and David got the other one,
Su-per Leeeeeoooooh, Brighton's number nine!

It was all going so well until the last line :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here