Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa flag

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously their flag represents more than a Conflict with Britain that is still running, but the fact that it does partly represent such a conflict is enough to stop me waving it just for the sake of a footballer. There is no need to include the flag. The Germans were full of pride and patriotism during the world wars .They also had culture and heritage but I don't think it would have been acceptable to wave their flag before the wars had concluded. Whatever their flag represents, it is only what happened in 1982 that stirs any deep emotion and is relevant to me. Anyway, I know you will bring forth yet another tiresome reply as this forum seem to be an unhealthily large part of your life. Usually I just skip past your posts without reading them as I find you the most boring poster on here, but I didn't realise that you are also an idiot. Unfortunately you caught me off-guard on this thread, enjoy your boooring reply. I'll leave you to it.

A conflict which is still running? That's tenuous to say the least.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great flag TLO. Love it.

The fact that a tiny number of sad little boys who've recently graduated from Commando comics to reading Andy McNab books with their lips moving and fingers pointing at any two syllable words is utterly irrelevant and laughable, frankly.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If we could do something with this, it would be great.

I'm happy to have the Argie flag though.

Ulloa2.png

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm a Falklands Veteran. I have no problem with the flag. It would make Leo feel welcome.

You're a big and brave man.

I salute you Sir.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd much prefer the Argentinian flag than any regional flag. I almost think that anything other than the national flag would be disrespecful to his nationality.

We all know that we should respect countries national anthems, why not their flags as well?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Perfect....

Would love to see some of the flag money spent on that if someone is willing to bring it to games!!

I think that one's a bit crap. Like I said anything but the national flag is a bit of half hearted effort of a welcome.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The Large One's design for me.
The Argentine flag, and Leo in his Albion Kit....that means something to everyone, the regional flag would mean nothing to 90% of the home fans or the opposition.
We are happy to cheer his goals and chant his name, then we should embrace his nationality.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Feel free to ignore / distribute...

View attachment 40562

Great effort TLO, well done!

btw, interesting how steamed up some posters get about the Falklands compared with the almost universal defeaning silence that accompanies the continuing injustice meted out to the indigenous inhabitants of Diego Garcia who were forcibly evicted from their Island home by Great Britain so that America could develop a strategic military base there and have ever since lived in poverty and squalor in Mauritius. Not really surprising though I suppose, the displace people aren't white and there are no mineral reserves nearby.

Talk about double standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depopulation_of_Chagossians_from_the_Chagos_Archipelago

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
How about something with 'Glad ulloa' on it? The more the merrier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here