SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
malvinas.jpg

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I had photoshop I'd make a 'Welcome to Brighton' image like the Tevez one from Manchester, but with Ulloa celebrating instead

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If we had flags for every nationality playing for the Seagulls then no-one would be able to see the pitch, there would just be a sea of multi-coloured fabric waving around the stands. Why not just have a single 'Team Albion' flag, different versions could be written in Spanish and English and Egyptian and Scots gaelic and Norwegian and - oh hang on!

There's already artwork in the East Stand (unless they've taken them down) of half Brighton / half nationality football shirts - about a dozen there I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Then the Argentine flag is not necessary! Why not show your love with a giant heart flag?

As, in this case, we have benefitted from EU membership why not an EU flag? I would be willing to donate the large flag which flies above my apartment.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That's the Leap you have made. Read my post #91 smart-arse.

If your post #91 - which contains an almighty error - covers it, it appears you're saying you hate the Argentinian flag because of what you've unilaterally decided it stands for - i.e. an aggressor against the UK. This conveniently leaves aside every other aspect of what it means to them - their culture, heritage, pride and patriotism. What makes you think that their flag stands only for aggression?

If your post #91 - which contains an almighty error - covers it, it appears you're saying you hate the Argentinian flag because of what you've unilaterally decided it stands for - i.e. an aggressor against the UK. This conveniently leaves aside every other aspect of what it means to them - their culture, heritage, pride and patriotism. What makes you think that their flag stands only for aggression?

Obviously their flag represents more than a Conflict with Britain that is still running, but the fact that it does partly represent such a conflict is enough to stop me waving it just for the sake of a footballer. There is no need to include the flag. The Germans were full of pride and patriotism during the world wars .They also had culture and heritage but I don't think it would have been acceptable to wave their flag before the wars had concluded. Whatever their flag represents, it is only what happened in 1982 that stirs any deep emotion and is relevant to me. Anyway, I know you will bring forth yet another tiresome reply as this forum seem to be an unhealthily large part of your life. Usually I just skip past your posts without reading them as I find you the most boring poster on here, but I didn't realise that you are also an idiot. Unfortunately you caught me off-guard on this thread, enjoy your boooring reply. I'll leave you to it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You could avoid the Argie flag controversy by using the flag of his home province (Rio Negro)

324px-Rio_Negro,_Argentina.svg.png

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Obviously their flag represents more than a Conflict with Britain that is still running, but the fact that it does partly represent such a conflict is enough to stop me waving it just for the sake of a footballer. There is no need to include the flag. The Germans were full of pride and patriotism during the world wars .They also had culture and heritage but I don't think it would have been acceptable to wave their flag before the wars had concluded. Whatever their flag represents, it is only what happened in 1982 that stirs any deep emotion and is relevant to me. Anyway, I know you will bring forth yet another tiresome reply as this forum seem to be an unhealthily large part of your life. Usually I just skip past your posts without reading them as I find you the most boring poster on here, but I didn't realise that you are also an idiot. Unfortunately you caught me off-guard on this thread, enjoy your boooring reply. I'll leave you to it.

Aw, diddums.

From someone like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here