Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa Deal still on

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Same old problem with us - we can't or won't sign a decent striker. I'm tired of hearing who we might be signing and the problems we're having. Just get on with it FFS. Other clubs don't seem to have the same level of difficulty.

But isn't that all part of being a fan of any club? We're at a level now where classless inventors make up tales of our interest in someone and they're broadcast and we shit ourselves with excitement. And we're stupid enough, me very much included, to grow enormously excited by it all. In very much the same was as if we got Ulloa, someone we have never seen, and start bragging about him scoring 18 goals and getting us promoted. We're idiotic fantasists, but surely it's better to be that than a grey-hearted realists forever stuck in the dull here and now between games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rumour site reporting that a club source says the deal is off and a loan player will be brought in at the end of the transfer window. Not sure where that has come from and if true or not but seems possible.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
But isn't that all part of being a fan of any club? We're at a level now where classless inventors make up tales of our interest in someone and they're broadcast and we shit ourselves with excitement. And we're stupid enough, me very much included, to grow enormously excited by it all. In very much the same was as if we got Ulloa, someone we have never seen, and start bragging about him scoring 18 goals and getting us promoted. We're idiotic fantasists, but surely it's better to be that than a grey-hearted realists forever stuck in the dull here and now between games.

I can understand that point of view but just, for once, can we actually sign a striker who does the business for us?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The problem with following a transfer rumour on a forum is that it hypes everyone into mass hysteria when it's completely detached to the reality of the situation.

In reality it could be as simple as:

We knew about thepassport issues but lodged the official bid as protocole.
Bid is accepted.
Other bids are also accepted.
Player decides over future.

However in NSC world it's:

We've TARGETED someone.
We're homing in.
We're lodged a bid
The club might reject the bid
The club accept the bid!!! YES!!!!
Shock horror there is a passpart issue,
Why didn't the club research this?
Why are we targeting a player who is difficult to get?
This is taking ages. He clearly doesn't want to sign.
Oh god, now i've heard another team wants him. We're screwed. Terrible transfer target.
OH MY GOD. DEAL IS BACK ON!!! DEAL IS BACK ON!!!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How about the one who is on for 20 goals this season?

Or Zamora who got us promoted.
Or leon Knight who got us promoted.
Or Nicky forster
Or glenn murray who got us promoted
Or barnes who scored lots towards getting us promoted.

We are USELESS at getting good strikers in...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The deal is off and a loan player will be brought in at the end of the transfer window.

This is what I can never understand, why do we have to wait until the end of transfer window to bring in a loan player ? surely all the best players will have been snapped up and we will be back at square one.

Having said that it is just a rumour, so it could not possibly be true.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
However in NSC world it's:

We've TARGETED someone.
We're homing in.
We're lodged a bid
The club might reject the bid
The club accept the bid!!! YES!!!!
Shock horror there is a passpart issue,
Why didn't the club research this?
Why are we targeting a player who is difficult to get?
This is taking ages. He clearly doesn't want to sign.
Oh god, now i've heard another team wants him. We're screwed. Terrible transfer target.
OH MY GOD. DEAL IS BACK ON!!! DEAL IS BACK ON!!!!

So very true.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why did the club mention him in the first place if they knew there was going to be all these issues. Hopefully BG is right and they were just trying to deflect attention away from our main target.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why did the club mention him in the first place if they knew there was going to be all these issues. Hopefully BG is right and they were just trying to deflect attention away from our main target.

cynically speaking it could be for the same reason that Blackburn mentioned Poyet, just to appease the fans.

DJB

Jul 31, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Whats the bets he signs for Granada and then gets loaned to Watford (on account of the common ownership). Scores a hatfull in the Championship and Watford get promoted into the Premiership.

The ultimate grassy knoll theory.....:mad:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Only common knowledge because the club let slip we were after him though, surely?

A club perhaps (Almeria) but not this one. The proposed deal was reported in Marca and picked up from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here