Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa Deal still on

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Rumour site reporting that a club source says the deal is off and a loan player will be brought in at the end of the transfer window. Not sure where that has come from and if true or not but seems possible.

Was that on that Transfer Rumours site you read? If so we can rest easy as he is as good as signed.

DanielT

Doesn't sound too encouraging in the Argus. Saying that there is a report from Almeria that his preference is to remain in Spain. Gus quoted as "If he gets the passport, then he wants to stay there (in Spain) we cannot do anything about it.

The Argus bad reporting again. they should have used [brackets] to make the correct meaning clear:

"If he gets the passport, [and] then [decides] he wants to stay there (in Spain) we cannot do anything about it."

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The Argus bad reporting again. they should have used [brackets] to make the correct meaning clear:

"If he gets the passport, [and] then [decides] he wants to stay there (in Spain) we cannot do anything about it."

That's how I read it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe we will get the striker before the 31st but plan B needs to be finalised and a target identified which will probably take the next 3 weeks anyway

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Get Hoskins playing from the start for a few games, I think that give him a run in the team and we would not need a striker until the summer. Also get Vicente playing again and we would kick on

Except... Hoskins unproven... may work out, may not...

AND...

Your faith in Vicente is magnificent, but facts is facts when it comes to his likely lack of fitness...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Substitute the word wants for decides and I think you'll get what Gus actually means. Apart from that I dont get the desperation of some to land a striker they had most likely never heard of before christmas.If he signs he signs, if not? well how many other unheard of strikers are there out there?

But... Ulloa is the type of striker we so desperately need, and a highly-rated one at that... name an alternative..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
...and to think, all those highly paid back room staff employed to scout and recruit!!!

... and Gus ultimately responsible...

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Except... Hoskins unproven... may work out, may not...

AND...

Your faith in Vicente is magnificent, but facts is facts when it comes to his likely lack of fitness...

We have a few games between now and the end of January, no reason to give Hoskins a start on Saturday, he took his goal well against Newcastle, its not about a striker. We have to score more goals from midfield. CMS has 11 goals already this season, well on target for 20+. That's all you can ask for in a striker. Dobbie also needs to be played in the right position to give him a chance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have a few games between now and the end of January, no reason to give Hoskins a start on Saturday, he took his goal well against Newcastle, its not about a striker. We have to score more goals from midfield. CMS has 11 goals already this season, well on target for 20+. That's all you can ask for in a striker. Dobbie also needs to be played in the right position to give him a chance.

You're not wrong, but we need a 'striker with presence'... and that's according to Gus, not me... none of our current striker's, however good they are, fit the description... personally, I think CMS would be on at least 15 by now, if he had the right partner, a 'striker with presence'...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
But... Ulloa is the type of striker we so desperately need, and a highly-rated one at that... name an alternative..
I'm not disagreeing with that but unlike most on here I can readily admit to knowing nothing about him before this saga began . If I could name an alternative he wouldn't be unheard of, would he

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here