Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa back this weekend?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Excellent, we have another way to have a dig at Barnes now. I used to think Codner got a rough deal from Albion fans but the Barnes bashing has taken it to a new level.

Barnes has done very well recently and proved he is a decent deputy but, in my opinion, Ulloa is the best striker in the division so should play when fit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Excellent, we have another way to have a dig at Barnes now. I used to think Codner got a rough deal from Albion fans but the Barnes bashing has taken it to a new level.

Looking forward to the 10 times as many goals though :rolleyes:
Now that's not fair.
Nobody has verbally abused Barnes through any of the minutes silences or applause we have at every game.

What's going to happen when we have 2 stacked up, and one party wants applause while the other favours silence.
Will we have to do one of each, or will half the stadium be silent while the other half claps?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes has done very well recently and proved he is a decent deputy but, in my opinion, Ulloa is the best striker in the division so should play when fit.

Not arguing that Ulloa is a better lone striker, but Barnes has done well there and hopefully Oscar will find a place for Barnes as a support striker/midfielder. He'll be a lot better at it than Buckley has been when played there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not arguing that Ulloa is a better lone striker, but Barnes has done well there and hopefully Oscar will find a place for Barnes as a support striker/midfielder. He'll be a lot better at it than Buckley has been when played there.
But Buckley won't be playing there, leading goal score Crofts will be, with Buckley on the wing.

Who'd want to be OG when (if) everybody is fit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oscar has to weigh up the psychological effect it will have on the Middlesbrough players when they see Ulloa's name on the teamsheet. I think Oscar will want to give him a 20 minute run out (similar to when Bridcutt returned).

Yes, but not quite yet. Huddersfield await next weekend. As others have said Barnes is playing well at the moment and scoring goals, so lets go up to the Riverside tomorrow, scrap for the three points, and then unleash Leo against an unexpecting Huddersfield side next Saturday.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But Buckley won't be playing there, leading goal score Crofts will be, with Buckley on the wing.

Who'd want to be OG when (if) everybody is fit.

I don't want Buckley anywhere near the side thank you. For a player who cost us a seven figure fee he has constantly underperformed. I'd love to try and recoup some of our money by selling him at the end of the season. But I know none of you lot will agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't want Buckley anywhere near the side thank you. For a player who cost us a seven figure fee he has constantly underperformed. I'd love to try and recoup some of our money by selling him at the end of the season. But I know none of you lot will agree.

So you want to send Conway back and drop Buckley leaving us VERY short of wingers?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The Argus is saying that he's travelled but likely to be on the bench. As soon as he is 100% fit he has to come straight back into the team as he is 10 times the player Barnes is.

They haven't travelled yet, going this afternoon I guess flying into Teeside airport?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes, but not quite yet. Huddersfield await next weekend. As others have said Barnes is playing well at the moment and scoring goals, so lets go up to the Riverside tomorrow, scrap for the three points, and then unleash Leo against an unexpecting Huddersfield side next Saturday.

Spanish Len is very eager to increase his goal tally , would you begrudge him a brace tomorrow in the last 20 minutes ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Any news on CMS? Seems an absolute age since I've seen him don the stripes.

I cut-and-pasted this from the Brighton part of the BBC's site, which is generally more solid than The Argoose:

Brighton injury problems easing
Leo Ulloa's return to light training after two months out with a broken foot means fellow striker Will Hoskins (knee) is the only long-term absentee at Brighton.

Craig Mackail-Smith has started running again after Achilles and further ankle trouble.

Midfielders Kemy Agustien, Keith Andrews and Liam Bridcutt and wingers Will Buckley and Kazenga LuaLua have all returned to action in recent weeks.

Goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak (stomach) and centre-back Gordon Greer (calf) are being monitored, along with keeper Casper Ankergren (wrist), left-back Stephen Ward (foot) and midfielder Andrea Orlandi (knee).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You think we should 'try' to recoup 'some of the' £1m we paid for him?

We turned down a bid of FIVE MILLION pounds for him last season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
CMS not expected back until Feb I heard

Dec 29, 2011
You think we should 'try' to recoup 'some of the' £1m we paid for him?

We turned down a bid of FIVE MILLION pounds for him last season.

Wouldn't get anywhere near that at the moment, has been terrible for us since about January, barring one or two games. Madness to turn down £5m for any of our players, Buckley no exception.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes agreed, bench at best, there is no way he will be risked from the start, not having played a competitive match in nearly three months.. But with the traveling distances involved for this Saturday's game, expect that to happen next weekend rather than this.
They'll fly won't they?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I share that opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here