Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa back this weekend?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any news on CMS? Seems an absolute age since I've seen him don the stripes.

He tweeted on Sunday that his "foot was getting stronger all the time" . He's now training outside. Last club word was could be back "by christmas". That of course is 13 days away now... Perhaps in squad for Bournemouth on NYDay but don't count on it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar has to weigh up the psychological effect it will have on the Middlesbrough players when they see Ulloa's name on the teamsheet. I think Oscar will want to give him a 20 minute run out (similar to when Bridcutt returned).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That must be a regulatory thing, Skybet giving money back :lolol: :rotlf: :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes agreed, bench at best, there is no way he will be risked from the start, not having played a competitive match in nearly three months.. But with the traveling distances involved for this Saturday's game, expect that to happen next weekend rather than this.

What difference does the journey time make? He's a professional and is paid to travel and potentially not play. He's no different to the other subs who'll travel and might not play, and there'll be a few hundred fans who make the effort as well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What difference does the journey time make? He's a professional and is paid to travel and potentially not play. He's no different to the other subs who'll travel and might not play, and there'll be a few hundred fans who make the effort as well.

I could see it being an issue if it was a return after a sore back or maybe hamstrings...but otherwise personally I dont see that as an issue... on the coach and on the bench is my guess

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bench for Leo hopefully. Barnes deserves to keep his starting place based on his performance re Leicester, but can't see anything other than Ulloa starting pretty soon.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Any news on CMS? Seems an absolute age since I've seen him don the stripes.

Only a hunch, but don't expect to see CMS back until March/April. He's had a long lay off and because his game is based on his pace the club may want to give his injury the maximum time and then some before they risk him. Especially if Barnes/Ulloa are doing the striking job adequately.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Brez
Bruno ElAbd Upson Calde
Ince Bridcutt
Crofts
Lopez Barnes Conway

Walton Maxi Andrews Caskey Agustien LuaLua Lita.

I simply don't think Buckley or Ulloa will be risked, if they're not fit enough to potentially start then they're a wasted space on the bench. As Maxi can play left back or centre half, and calde, lopez or ince could all fill in in an emergency, I don't think you need 2 defenders on the bench.

IMO, like.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Ulloa was in serious contention for Leicester then I'd definitely take him to Boro. The game's got 1-0 written all over it, so we need our best striker for what will be a game of few chances.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oscar has to weigh up the psychological effect it will have on the Middlesbrough players when they see Ulloa's name on the teamsheet. I think Oscar will want to give him a 20 minute run out (similar to when Bridcutt returned).

he did that with Orlandi and Buckley and both were injurex as a result so maybe leave him behind? It's a long journey if not definitely fit

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Cheers. Just wondering as Orlandi was touted as being ready late November but the fitness issue has delayed his return. No sense in risking Ulloa just yet with Barnes doing well I don't think. But with Boro only losing one game at home this year he may be useful late on.
Wigan hadn't been beaten at home at all....until.....think Ulloa will be on the bench....

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It would be a massive kick in the teeth for Barnes if he was dropped immediately, Barnes is very much a confidence player and this would be detrimental to his game. Ulloa should be on the bench, if he's ready.

Very this, Barnes deserves this run in the side.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Gotta feel for Lita.
When most players go out on loan, its to get a regular start and get match fit.
Maybe also to be in the shop window since things aren't going well [not being picked] at the parent club.

What's he had with us? 3 sub appearances of 15, 10 and 5 minutes?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Argus is saying that he's travelled but likely to be on the bench. As soon as he is 100% fit he has to come straight back into the team as he is 10 times the player Barnes is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Argus is saying that he's travelled but likely to be on the bench. As soon as he is 100% fit he has to come straight back into the team as he is 10 times the player Barnes is.

Excellent, we have another way to have a dig at Barnes now. I used to think Codner got a rough deal from Albion fans but the Barnes bashing has taken it to a new level.

Looking forward to the 10 times as many goals though :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here