Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP & the anti-fascist lot

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
It's all going down the tubes there now and some of your are still in denial.
I think that the UK should get out of the EU and evict anyone who came in on the immigration scheme dating back for the last two years.
Change all the steet signs so that they are all written in English and accept the concequences, the only way is down at the moment and you can all see it.
You can critisise me if you want for me being over here and I really don't give a toss, now you know why I left.
I am not racist at all but you have to have some kind of control and not let a second or third party decide your destiny.
I came back to England earlier this year and have decided that I can no longer call it home.
You are tripping over all the red tape and the blame culture is unbeleivable.
The best of luck to all who remain.

He's complaining about the way Immigration has been handled here and the lack of integration , why not try reading his post properly and then commenting instead of jumping straight onto your high horse.

Doesn't look like it to me. The desire to "evict anyone who came in on the immigration scheme dating back for the last two years" ignores the subject of integration entirely.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Doesn't look like it to me. The desire to "evict anyone who came in on the immigration scheme dating back for the last two years" ignores the subject of integration entirely.

The part about street signs in English doesn't though does it ? You've conveniently ignored that , you're also being deliberately obtuse in trying to compare him emigrating to Australia with the shambles of our immigration nightmare.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Street signs are in English. Or Welsh. Some are bilingual.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I want to leave the EU...When it was EFTA it was deemed a good trade policy and it worked both ways,but slowly and surely the political spider weaved it's web...we had a large merchent navy,a great fishing fleet and fishing grounds...because of Europe... we have had to burn a lot of our fishing boats,we subsidise French Farmers,we pay £50 million a day for the privilege of not being masters in our own house.
My Grandfather fought and died a week before the WW1 ended...my father fought and was wounded in WW2...to keep Europe from being dominated by a political monster...if Europe is so great how come they have not signed off the accounts for 13 years....due to so much corruption?
.but I wish you well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It is in English AND another language :facepalm:

This is hardly unique. Here's one in Taiwan where I once had to work on a project. I learned Chinese from the day I arrived but I still needed the bilingual signs for the majority of my stay.

zhong+ming1.JPG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Also I work in Tower Hamlets from time to time and the only people who scare me there are the white ones.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jesus Christ, if having a smaller street sign in a foreign language below the one in English is a massive problem for you in your life, I'll have whatever your having.

This goes on in countries all over the world. There are parts of Canada where street signs are in Japanese but not in French (which is one of their official languages).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Anyone who seriously ever thought that one single currency, covering such Completely different economies as Germany, Greece, Spain, Italy, France etc was utterly deluded.

Interest rates HAVE to be set by individual Governments.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Let's be brutally honest here. How many of us have jobs that are crucial to the well-being of the nation? It's all getting a bit like Mark Twain's description of a bourgeois state where everyone ekes out a precarious living taking in each other's washing.

Absolutely. At some point we are going to have to find a better system of economics and employment. One of things we expect of our governments is for them to create jobs. This notion of creating a job for the sake of it seems ridiculous to me as does governments paying subsidies to huge companies to get them set up in our towns/countries. As our populations rise and to tasks we need doing fall we will have to find a new way of organizing things. I don't have the answer to what this system will be which I know is a NSC sin but I am convinced that things cannot carry on as they are.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I went to the Hove Town Hall on Monday night to listen to Nigel Farage. I have never voted UKIP however, given that this is a democracy, wanted to hear what he had to say. Firstly, my wife, who has never been into politics in our 25 years together wanted to hear him. All very intriguing as to what has made MR Farage float her boat.

I have voted for all the three main political parties & am very much a floater.

On the issue of immigration, I applaud Mr Farage and his policies. They are akin to Australia. Non racist, however, immigration is only allowed where there is a skill shortage.

Mr Farage is a great orator and certainly electable. He is passionate, witty, clever & many of his policies make pure common sense. His views wouldn't seem out of place in a Thatcher government.

What I was disgusted with, was the far left who drowned Mr Farage & attempted to disrupt the evening. Unfortunately, they didn't have the intellect to discuss any politics with Mr Farage, so the 20 or so unwashed were one by one dragged out of the hall. A great shame as in my opinion it discredited Labour & their supporters.

As for me, still on the fence. However, UKIP on Monday's show are very attractive proposition.

This is top comment.....the only time I have time for a Nigel....Farage of course....UKIP UKIP....A

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
funny innit that when people talk about 'common sense' in terms of politics they essentially mean 'right wing'

by all means vote for UKIP but dont think for a second that this makes you some kind of sensible moderate. It makes you a swivel eyed looney with hate in your heart, screw you!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
funny innit that when people talk about 'common sense' in terms of politics they essentially mean 'right wing'

by all means vote for UKIP but dont think for a second that this makes you some kind of sensible moderate. It makes you a swivel eyed looney with hate in your heart, screw you!

I did an MBA many years ago through the Open University, and one of the things which has always stayed with me from that is that common sense is different things to different people, which basically means that there is no such thing as common sense. What might be stark-staringly obvious to an astro-physicist might be totally bewildering to a moral philosopher, and vice-versa.

At one point in a "Creative management" module there was also a case study about the miners' strike un the early 80's, profiling the two leading protagonists in the form of Arthur Scargill and Lord Mcwhatever, the Canadian Scot who was the chair of the National Coal Board, highlighting their upbringings and backgrounds and making the point that they were never likely to agree about anything.

It is the same on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here