Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP & the anti-fascist lot

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
but I can recall you having similar sentiments towards "small minded little Englanders" who were against joining the euro, well that worked out well for those that did eh ?
Nope, because I haven't been for joining the Euro for about a decade! I was initially pro Euro but changed my view after about 2 years.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry - 1 last point that is very pertinent to this thread is that there are benefits to having immigration. There's no denying that the Indian shopkeepers changed our attitudes to when shops should be open. A little thing I know but it goes to show that sometimes a different attitude to the host culture can be a positive thing.

And a big thing is we are benefiting from the drain of youth from other European countries notably Spain, Italy, France. They are over here, they are, in the main, working and paying taxes, lots are having children and reducing our average age. When the pensions bomb explodes we'll be in a much better position than a lot of other countries with rapidly aging populations.

...and British women are having to up their game because of the hot European totty over here.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
The taxation system should be fair ( as should the benefits system ) - it isn't currently and a flat rate makes it closer to fair than it currently is. The harder I work the more money I should have in MY pocket - the government will get more anyway but it certainly shouldn't get a bigger percentage due to MY hard work !

That still doesn't make things 'fair' though, does it? Wages are not the only 'value' to a job. Do bankers work harder than nurses?

Maybe not but their skill (apparently) is in wealth creation and they create a lot of wealth that pays for the nurses and there's lot fewer bankers. That's the theory, anyway.

The argument isn't about 'wealth creation', but 'working harder', which assumes hard work = wealth creation, and that harder work creates even more wealth. This clearly isn't the case.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's all going down the tubes there now and some of your are still in denial.
I think that the UK should get out of the EU and evict anyone who came in on the immigration scheme dating back for the last two years.
Change all the steet signs so that they are all written in English and accept the concequences, the only way is down at the moment and you can all see it.
You can critisise me if you want for me being over here and I really don't give a toss, now you know why I left.
I am not racist at all but you have to have some kind of control and not let a second or third party decide your destiny.
I came back to England earlier this year and have decided that I can no longer call it home.
You are tripping over all the red tape and the blame culture is unbeleivable.
The best of luck to all who remain.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
It's all going down the tubes there now and some of your are still in denial.
I think that the UK should get out of the EU and evict anyone who came in on the immigration scheme dating back for the last two years.
Change all the steet signs so that they are all written in English and accept the concequences, the only way is down at the moment and you can all see it.
You can critisise me if you want for me being over here and I really don't give a toss, now you know why I left.
I am not racist at all but you have to have some kind of control and not let a second or third party decide your destiny.
I came back to England earlier this year and have decided that I can no longer call it home.
You are tripping over all the red tape and the blame culture is unbeleivable.
The best of luck to all who remain.

Yeah - bloody immigrants... :facepalm:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The argument isn't about 'wealth creation', but 'working harder', which assumes hard work = wealth creation, and that harder work creates even more wealth. This clearly isn't the case.

Apologies if I wasn't clear but bankers are paid obscene amounts only because they are (in theory) generating even more wealth. Their pay isn't and shouldn't be linked to fairness in a free market economy. I certainly don't think that they work less or more hard than anyone else. They are a necessary evil as I see it. We need that wealth they create.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If that's really all you can pull out of my post then you reinforce my feeling that it's spot on.
I could say the same thing about your comment on my post after I said UKIP could well return to being a total irrelevance.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Which would have been a little late had you had your way initially.
You don't know that. It hasn't worked out for the noddy economies in southern Europe (or Italy), but who is to say we wouldn't have been more like Germany or Benelux?

I'm actually just pointing out that I am unlikely to have used the term "small minded little Englanders" to those against the Euro, because by the time you came across any of my posts, I was against joining the Euro myself.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As I said, critisise me if you want for being here, but I don't give a toss.
Read it slowly and you might just catch this.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I think that's a little insulting to all those who did vote for them recently. Just because you don't happen to agree with the very few policies they have out there, doesn't make them neo-nazi. It's the typical fall-back when people discuss British politics, you don't happen to agree with X or Y from the mainstream, well in that case you are an extremist, and its boll0cks.

...and that line is HIGHLY insulting to me. Nowhere did I even suggest that my reasons for considering them BNP lite was "because I disagreed with their policies", nor did I call them neo-nazi.

Do me a favour in future, try responding to what I actually typed rather than something else that you made up.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
As I said, critisise me if you want for being here, but I don't give a toss.
Read it slowly and you might just catch this.

I understand what you wrote. I just find it difficult to take it seriously due to the hypocrisy.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I understand what you wrote. I just find it difficult to take it seriously due to the hypocrisy.

Which hypocrisy is that ? The one where he goes to a country where there will be no language difficulties, a virtually identical culture , and where the vast majority of his fellow British immigrants fit in and are pretty much assimilated within a generation ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You don't know that. It hasn't worked out for the noddy economies in southern Europe (or Italy), but who is to say we wouldn't have been more like Germany or Benelux?

I'm actually just pointing out that I am unlikely to have used the term "small minded little Englanders" to those against the Euro, because by the time you came across any of my posts, I was against joining the Euro myself.
But we're not like Germany or benelux though are we .

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Which hypocrisy is that ? The one where he goes to a country where there will be no language difficulties, a virtually identical culture , and where the vast majority of his fellow British immigrants fit in and are pretty much assimilated within a generation ?

The hypocrisy of someone who has emigrated complaining about immigration.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm actually just pointing out that I am unlikely to have used the term "small minded little Englanders" to those against the Euro,

But it's OK when some of us suggest leaving the EU ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here