Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP candidate stabbed in face by alleged Labour supporters...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Their sources are a Freedom of Information request to the Met Police and Eurostat. :lolol::facepalm:

Yes, read the full article and you'll see they two papers have represented the figures in a way that shall we say, would suit their readership. "Facts" are not always as clear cut as they seem. Clearly.

It's a fairly accepted fact however, accepted by people like me who research things properly that to get the facts you don't go to any newspaper (especially when it comes to polls and surveys), you go to the source and have a look at the raw facts before they are filtered through media bias.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I disagree.

So if a house full of 7 japanes male tourists with lots of cameras moved in next door you would have no "more or less" concern, than if 7 unemployed Romanian men moved in next door?

And are you saying that if one has more concern with one then they are racist?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
[MENTION=29496]ChicagoGull[/MENTION] - I can give you 20 or so examples where Nibble has not read a link and carried on with insults and opinions based upon nothing - don't waste your energy too much.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Can't be bothered trawling through all of this so please forgive me if this has been asked before...

Are Europeans a different race from Brits? Surely Farage isn't a racist but instead a culturist? Isn't he objecting to white people coming in from other countries in Europe? I suppose Roma gypsies are an ethnic group distinct from others in terms of genealogy (their lineage being distinctly north african and Asian) but the rest iof Europes population is a mixture of Anglo Saxon, Celtic and Semitic origin.

Mr. Farage goes to great lengths pointing out that he is discriminating against white people from other countries migrating within the EU rather than black people or Pakistanis for example.

I imagine he is actually a racist as well but I don't have any particular evidence to support that view. Realistically we all know that the Tory party is stuffed with PROPER racists but, unlike UKIP, they have control of their more rabid nazis.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
[MENTION=29496]ChicagoGull[/MENTION] - I can give you 20 or so examples where Nibble has not read a link and carried on with insults and opinions based upon nothing - don't waste your energy too much.

I can give you about 200 examples I haven't checked out the link if they come from you: Clue, I never, ever, look at your links.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So if a house full of 7 japanes male tourists with lots of cameras moved in next door you would have no "more or less" concern, than if 7 unemployed Romanian men moved in next door?

No. If you bothered to read posts you would see quite clearly that I share the same concern. Just slow down with your little knee jerks, take time to read, understand and interpret what the adults are saying before you reply.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I can give you about 200 examples I haven't checked out the link if they come from you: Clue, I never, ever, look at your links.

but they are not "mine" - your prejudice clouds your ability to accept new information - your problem not mine.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
but they are not "mine" - your prejudice clouds your ability to accept new information - your problem not mine.

I've seen your type of links a million times before mate, they are unreliable and made by cranks with no skills. Your problem clearly. Enjoy the elections, I'm bored to death of myself commenting on UKIP. Racist party for ignorant mugs, end of.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
No. If you bothered to read posts you would see quite clearly that I share the same concern. Just slow down with your little knee jerks, take time to read, understand and interpret what the adults are saying before you reply.

Post #50 - Nibble.

"If any of you have any figures to back up your Romanian's are thoroughbred criminals I'd love to see them? Because it seems to me you have fallen hook line and sinker for the incoherent, ill informed ramblings of a racist gumbleduke who can sniff a modicum of success in Europe and doesn't know what to do with himself like when you get a dog excited and it pisses on the floor."

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I've seen your type of links a million times before mate, they are unreliable and made by cranks with no skills. Your problem clearly. Enjoy the elections, I'm bored to death of myself commenting on UKIP. Racist party for ignorant mugs, end of.

Can you please present any policy of theirs that is racist?

Looks like you have fallen for the tabloid smear attack - about your level.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
A man is known by the company he keeps. I too have "utter contempt for todays weasel politicians" but it's not going to ever make me align myself with the racists, misogynists and "swivel eyed loons" that comprise a part of UKIP.

So there are no extremists, loons, racists, bigots or any other type of unsavoury characters in the other main stream parties that are deemed acceptable to vote for then?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh the one by The Express and The Mail. yeah, I'll have a look at it at some point. Then I'll have a look for some reliable facts.

If you want to get people to read your info it's a good idea if you demonstrate you can read and interpret a post and then forge a reply in a fashion that makes some kind of grammatical sense.

To be fair the opening quotes are from those papers and that's it. The rest is extrapolation of data from an FOI request. It does indicate a high number of Romanian arrests when compared to other nationalities but also explains there are clearly some errors in some of the data. It seems reasonable to conclude, based on that data from the Met, that Romanians top the list of arrests of non-UK nationals as a percentage of their population resident in this country.

It's a pity nobody has bothered to ask the question why ?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

No, distrusting people based solely on what bit of the earth they come from is called xenophobia.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I find it ironic that people who support UKIP claim that the left or anyone against them are being brainwashed by papers like the Daily Mail for their avid support of the tories and therefore anti-ukip stance, when in reality the xenophobic scapegoating of immigrants that the mail spews out everday is what is making any one foolish enough to read the mail turn to parties such as UKIP as they believe they will solve the issue. The last time a major European country voted for a right wing party after an economic crisis on the basis of scapegoating minorities ended well, didn't it?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I find it ironic that people who support UKIP claim that the left or anyone against them are being brainwashed by papers like the Daily Mail for their avid support of the tories and therefore anti-ukip stance, when in reality the xenophobic scapegoating of immigrants that the mail spews out everday is what is making any one foolish enough to read the mail turn to parties such as UKIP as they believe they will solve the issue. The last time a major European country voted for a right wing party after an economic crisis on the basis of scapegoating minorities ended well, didn't it?

I don't think it's as simple as a straight line between left and right.

Some people hate right wing papers but also hate centralisation of power.

UKip wanting less centralisation of power (out of the EU) is a very left wing policy.

People wanting the NHS to continue - and therefore calming things down at the islands borders as the population reaches 80million - could also be deemed a left wing policy (in part).

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I don't think it's as simple as a straight line between left and right.

Some people hate right wing papers but also hate centralisation of power.

UKip wanting less centralisation of power (out of the EU) is a very left wing policy.

People wanting the NHS to continue - and therefore calming things down at the islands borders as the population reaches 80million - could also be deemed a left wing policy (in part).

Possibly, but the way that they are attempting to gain power would, to many, be seen as right wing values - or at least values associated with the RW - such as nationalism, xenophobia etc and that would be aided by papers such as the mail, sun.. who's front page is full of anti-immigration sensationalism?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here