Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP candidate stabbed in face by alleged Labour supporters...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can we have factual evidence of this choc full bunch of racists?

Read a newspaper. turn the telly on. You may come to the conclusion they are not racist. I came to a different one. heyho.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
This is actually unbelievable. I've explicitly said that I support people lawfully showing disdain for racists. You come back and accuse me of not knowing what racism is, and are instantly shown that you're the one that's wrong. So now you roll out the familiar "it's a massive press conspiracy" argument, throwing in some nonsense about "shariah (sic) judgment" for good measure, before calling me an idiot. When you don't think being discriminatory towards Romanians is racism.

To me, I would never call Romanian people a race, they would be a nationality. According to the UN that's wrong, and that is absolutely fine, they tend to hold a lot more sway than little old me.

But the fact is it generally doesn't end lawfully does it? We've had someone stabbed in an alleged political move, we've had one event cancelled due to this 'lawful' protesting that ended violently and another that was blatant intimidation tactics.

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/romanian_criminals_UK_Britain-28799

"Romania does seem to find a particularly large proportion of their citizens in the UK arrested by the Met police."

"when taken together with the prison population figures, it does seem reasonable to conclude that Romania has an unusually high number of its citizens involved in crime given the size of the Romanian population in the UK."

This is what Farage was actually getting at when comparing German and Romanian neighbours.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
As I said in my post, head down and have a look at Canada grove, bognor regis. It is virtually a no go area. 10 to a house, police visiting hourly, stabbing each other and turf wars. This is what Farage is on about. There is a big difference between someone coming over here to work, like nurses, doctors, skilled labourers and the groups of mainly men coming over to find a job if they can.

But that's not what he said is it, he said any normal person would have a right to be concerned if Romanians moved in. Not criminals, not nasty people. Romanians. How is it so different to banning blacks, Irish and dogs?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That's not really racist, that's stereotyping / generalising.

"....right to be concerned." Everyone has the 'right' to be concerned if [anything].

Romanian immigrants have a high crime rate - it's not racist, it's a fact.

feck me - you can't say anything in england these days.

In full agreement. How can a factually correct comment ever be classed as racist, in this case or any other?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
To me, I would never call Romanian people a race, they would be a nationality. According to the UN that's wrong, and that is absolutely fine, they tend to hold a lot more sway than little old me.

But the fact is it generally doesn't end lawfully does it? We've had someone stabbed in an alleged political move, we've had one event cancelled due to this 'lawful' protesting that ended violently and another that was blatant intimidation tactics.

"Romania does seem to find a particularly large proportion of their citizens in the UK arrested by the Met police."

"when taken together with the prison population figures, it does seem reasonable to conclude that Romania has an unusually high number of its citizens involved in crime given the size of the Romanian population in the UK."

This is what Farage was actually getting at when comparing German and Romanian neighbours.

So basically you're saying lawful protest shouldn't be allowed, because it might not end lawfully? Sounds like a great police state you'd like to live in.

Re the Romanians, if that was what Farage was getting at, why didn't he say so? Instead he just came out with "I think we both know why," or whatever it was, which is somewhat open to interpretation, don't you agree?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't actually have a huge problem with him saying what he said about Romanians. Although to say such a thing on telly makes him slightly daft. It's members like this that highlight the party is full of bigots and racists.

Ukip has suspended a member who allegedly made racist jokes on Facebook, saying he would destroy mosques, burn Muslims and posted pictures of Obama and his wife mocked up to look like chimpanzees.

North Yorkshire Police are investigating whether pensioner Tony Nixon, from Guisborough, committed any offence on the social networking site.

It is understood Mr Nixon had been canvassing for Ukip in Stokesley, North Yorkshire, ahead of Thursday's local elections.

His Facebook account listed pages he "liked", including numerous English Defence League sites and ones expressing strong anti-Muslim sentiments.

Simon Cressy, a researcher for the anti-racist pressure group Hope Not Hate, accessed the Facebook page after he befriended Mr Nixon.

There were also racist jokes about destroying mosques, burning Muslims or knocking over a Pakistani with a bus.

Mr Nixon also apparently wrote how he knew after canvassing 800 homes for Ukip that the main issue of public concern was immigration.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Re the Romanians, if that was what Farage was getting at, why didn't he say so? Instead he just came out with "I think we both know why," or whatever it was, which is somewhat open to interpretation, don't you agree?

because we do all know why.

Its like in southern Italy or Spain - similar comments are made about Moroccans, it's not racist, it's based upon a general truth (selling dodgy stuff, theft, lies, dodgy merchants - basically think of the farengy in star trek next generation).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If any of you have any figures to back up your Romanian's are thoroughbred criminals I'd love to see them? Because it seems to me you have fallen hook line and sinker for the incoherent, ill informed ramblings of a racist gumbleduke who can sniff a modicum of success in Europe and doesn't know what to do with himself like when you get a dog excited and it pisses on the floor. Still, he'll **** off again when the general election comes around.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
So basically you're saying lawful protest shouldn't be allowed, because it might not end lawfully? Sounds like a great police state you'd like to live in.

I'm not saying that at all lol, don't be silly. The fact is that these people are going out with the intent to have these events end. If they can't end it by shouting loudly and being intimidating then they will resort to violence. That is obviously a problem that needs to be stopped. I mean look at the EDL, they're an absolute disgrace in some of the stuff they do and yet they can parade through towns and not a single punch is thrown because it is acknowledged beforehand.

I have no idea, the chap clearly blundered in his exposition and yes, Farage has misrepresented some facts. But no, not everything Farage says is bollocks.

Even if you don;t agree with UKIP being under more hostility from the press - the Labour party have former BNP members serving as councillors, these people would have been removed for racism if they were in UKIP. Who knows how many former BNP members have become members of Labour or the Tories. This is not the same level of accountability.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I literally just posted it, but as you can't be bothered to read anything you disagree with properly I'll post it again, btw, I think you're the only person branding all Romanians thoroughbred criminals...

Oh the one by The Express and The Mail. yeah, I'll have a look at it at some point. Then I'll have a look for some reliable facts.

If you want to get people to read your info it's a good idea if you demonstrate you can read and interpret a post and then forge a reply in a fashion that makes some kind of grammatical sense.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The smear tactics have failed. The racist label is a last resort, to be used when a person has no answers.

Well, what if they genuinely have some really racist members and even their beloved leader Nigel Farage (Peace be upon him) being openly racist live on a radio show?

Is it still last resort? Why argue with their incoherent policies anyway?

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Oh the one by The Express and The Mail. yeah, I'll have a look at it at some point. Then I'll have a look for some reliable facts.

If you want to get people to read your info it's a good idea if you demonstrate you can read and interpret a post and then forge a reply in a fashion that makes some kind of grammatical sense.

Their sources are a Freedom of Information request to the Met Police and Eurostat. :lolol::facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here