Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP are now a parliamentary party

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who campaigned tirelessly before becoming a councillor in support of the city's library services - regularly arguing that there should be not a single penny cut from the budget for libraries. He even used this in his electoral material. Now guess who voted for cuts to the library service including the scrapping of the mobile library ? You've got it - Cllr Hawtree. Thankfully he doesn't stand a cats-in-hell chance of being elected as an MP.

Oh wow, says the person having a go at the way people treat UKIP. Blimey. Doesn't take long to put the shoe on the other foot does it!

You've actually given me a chuckle for once. :lolol:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Can someone answer one simple question for me?

Are UKIP climate change deniers?

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2013/mar/04/ukip-energy-climate-policies

Features this "Farage's comments only echoed Ukip's official energy policy, which conveys not just opposition to UK's participation in the European Union, but also an incoherent mixture of anti-environmentalism and a disregard for scientific evidence."

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/05/its-time-challenge-ukip-over-its-climate-change-denial

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Can someone answer one simple question for me?

Are UKIP climate change deniers?

From the UKIP 2010 manifesto - http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge10/man/parties/UKIPManifesto2010.pdf

"UKIP accepts that the world’s climate changes,
but we are the first party to take a sceptical
stance on man-made global warming claims.
We called for a rational, balanced approach to
the climate debate in 2008, before the exten
-
sive manipulation of scientific data first became
clear. Polls now show a majority of the British
people share this scepticism despite protests
from another LibLabCon-sensus. UKIP now calls
for an immediate halt to unjustified spending
on renewable sources that has led to massive
energy price hikes and fuel poverty."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2013/mar/04/ukip-energy-climate-policies

Features this "Farage's comments only echoed Ukip's official energy policy, which conveys not just opposition to UK's participation in the European Union, but also an incoherent mixture of anti-environmentalism and a disregard for scientific evidence."

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/05/its-time-challenge-ukip-over-its-climate-change-denial
And those sources are particularly neutral, are they?!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
From the UKIP 2010 manifesto - http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge10/man/parties/UKIPManifesto2010.pdf

"UKIP accepts that the world’s climate changes,
but we are the first party to take a sceptical
stance on man-made global warming claims.
We called for a rational, balanced approach to
the climate debate in 2008, before the exten
-
sive manipulation of scientific data first became
clear. Polls now show a majority of the British
people share this scepticism despite protests
from another LibLabCon-sensus. UKIP now calls
for an immediate halt to unjustified spending
on renewable sources that has led to massive
energy price hikes and fuel poverty."

So the answer's yes then.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Not my job mate - I'm just pointing out that your sources are unlikely to publish anything which hasn't got an anti UKIP spin on it.

If the only papers that support you are The Express and the Mail that probably tells you a lot.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
If the best putdown you've got mentions the Daily Mail then you really need to get new material.

As opposed to blaming everything on foreigners which is 'fresh'?

It's not a put down. I found two links to respectable British news sources that detailed UKIP's views on the environment. It was then claimed they were biased against them, my point is as the Mail and the Express are the only papers that support your party, i'd guess you probably not a party that gives too much of shit about the environment

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

It's not a put down. I found two links to respectable British news sources that detailed UKIP's views on the environment. It was then claimed they were biased against them, my point is as the Mail and the Express are the only papers that support your party, i'd guess you probably not a party that gives too much of shit about the environment

Of course. And now to follow up, here's a Stewart Lee video.....

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
No, I think your comment was a generic Daily Mail putdown.

It's less generic than "as soon as we're out of Europe all our problems will be solved" and you don't seem to have too much of a problem with that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's less generic than "as soon as we're out of Europe all our problems will be solved" and you don't seem to have too much of a problem with that.

I don't think that's so much generic as misguided. I want us out of Europe but don't support UKIP and don't think us out is a panacea.

Apologies if it seems like I'm picking on you but all these Daily Mail/Little Englander/'UKIP voters are thick' insults didn't work one bit in the Euro Elections. If anything I think they're counter-productive but some people can get so busy congratulating themselves on being smarter than UKIP voters that they fail to appreciate that we still all just get one vote each regardless of intelligence and you don't win hearts and minds by insulting millions of people and especially not with regurgitating gags that don't work.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
I don't think that's so much generic as misguided. I want us out of Europe but don't support UKIP and don't think us out is a panacea.

Apologies if it seems like I'm picking on you but all these Daily Mail/Little Englander/'UKIP voters are thick' insults didn't work one bit in the Euro Elections. If anything I think they're counter-productive but some people can get so busy congratulating themselves on being smarter than UKIP voters that they fail to appreciate that we still all just get one vote each regardless of intelligence and you don't win hearts and minds by insulting millions of people and especially not with regurgitating gags that don't work.

I can see your point. I only brought the male into it as we were discussing newspapers and their biased against UKIP.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
the government would be free to set VAT as it pleases, including reducing or zero rating some goods, which currently is not allowed (only those already set at 0% may remain so). financially its a different story, couldn't hope to reduce to 5% without hiking income tax or substantial cuts to balance the books.

If HMRC were empowered to collect the proper amount of tax from the multi nationals who use tax avoidance measures isn't the reduction from vat offset by extra revenue flowing into the Treasury coffers when Google , Starbucks et al have to cough up ?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

But it is all down to Johnny Foreigner - from UKIP's 2010 manifesto

"Protect the environment by controlling immigration and the associated building demand"

So if they don't come here they won't need anywhere to live ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here