Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP are now a parliamentary party

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe Aus politicians are doing the best for their citizens, just maybe they are being sensible and not the tired old cliches of racist and xenophobic which you and others just trot out. Well done for getting the word racist in your post 4 times.
Yeah that paragraph got away from . Me a bit. That'll teach me to multitask.

But yes I expect the Aus politicians are doing their best for the indigenous population, they are well known for it.

Am I allowed to call the white Australia policy racist? Because that was quite racist. A racist policy written by racists.

Oh look I did it again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh I know that and the fact that he now says those prices are too high because of the energy companies rather than him shows he's either rather forgetful ( which we know he is after recent happenings ) or playing the electorate as fools. Two other key words in your post "EU targets" - nectar to a UKIP campaign !

The energy companies have to take partial blame , raising prices 4 or 5 times the rate of inflation year on year to keep the shareholders happy.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Dont be torn. This party has a consistant record of racism, homophobia, mysogeny, ****wittery.......I should hang myself for noticing? haha

just this party eh!
so all the other parties are not these things
cloud cuckoo land

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can we ask at least agree that once there is an in out referendum and it is decided once and for all that we no longer need so many of these threads?

Probably not.

If we vote to come out of the EU, the political establishment (assuming they honour the result of the referendum at all) will keep working away to get us back in - re-entry will become part of the parties' manifestoes: vote Labour? - the Labour manifesto will include negotiating our re-ntry to the EU, vote Tory? - the Tory party manifesto will include negotiating a better deal for Britain to rejoin the EU.

Vote to stay in - the desire of a substantial part of the population to be out of it won't go away; at some point, Son of UKIP (or whatever it calls itself) will come out and shake up the establishment again.

It's just like Scotland really - has the referendum there settled anything? Yes, for a generation maybe, but the separatists will keep pressing for more referendums, one after another, until (they hope) one finally goes their way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The energy companies have to take partial blame , raising prices 4 or 5 times the rate of inflation year on year to keep the shareholders happy.

no, they shouldnt take "blame" when for many years in the 00's they ran losses, profits can come from efficiency and accountancy. the fact is even with projected £100+ profit per household, that is still less than the amount the households will pay in taxes and levies for green initatives, largely brought in by Milibands policies as Energy minister. not to mention the effective ban on coal fired power which will mean industry will have to shut down in the next decade to ensure residential power is maintained. energy policy is a shambles in this country and he was complicit in being an awful energy minister.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yeah that paragraph got away from . Me a bit. That'll teach me to multitask.

But yes I expect the Aus politicians are doing their best for the indigenous population, they are well known for it.

Am I allowed to call the white Australia policy racist? Because that was quite racist. A racist policy written by racists.

Oh look I did it again.

You can call them what you like, i know very little about them, the racist content previously was presumably about UKIP who i believe have the British citizens welfare at heart and that includes the people that are living here but feel that the EU and immigration needs looking at.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
He didn't say elderly, he said old working class blue collar, you've made that the dramatic leap that he is talking about WWII veterans. Of course you talking about the embittered liberal minded could equally be talking about just as many veterans as he was!

It is someone's democratic right to criticise someone else's democratic choice. You get that don't you - you must do because in a slight display of hypocrisy you named called back the other way!?

So let me get this right.........in your view "old" means up to mid 80s, whereas "elderly" means mid 80s onwards? On this basis both words have unequivocally different meanings and everyone who speaks English knows this subtle distinction?

Even if I was to accept your definition of these two words, you are still being desperate aren't you.......many "old" people were born into a country that was unashamedly mono cultural and Christian. Even if they were not old enough to have served, their parents and wider family/friend circles would have. In their lifetime this country has changed beyond recognition, and in the last 20 years anyone who was uncomfortable with this development has been treated with contempt by the political elite.

Labour member Gillian Duffy being cast as a dreadful bigot by Gordon Brown in 2010 proved what everyone feared.

Denigrating these people for being the product of their generation is risible, not least those who served or had family that served. It is not mature political debate, regardless of whether you think that is your right to do so. In fact it is exactly that sanctimonious attitude that is motivating what is left of the old white working class to turn to UKIP.

If you don't know this you are beyond help.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
no, they shouldnt take "blame" when for many years in the 00's they ran losses, profits can come from efficiency and accountancy. the fact is even with projected £100+ profit per household, that is still less than the amount the households will pay in taxes and levies for green initatives, largely brought in by Milibands policies as Energy minister. not to mention the effective ban on coal fired power which will mean industry will have to shut down in the next decade to ensure residential power is maintained. energy policy is a shambles in this country and he was complicit in being an awful energy minister.
The Green taxes implemented by Milibland were a result of the UK having to kowtow to directives from Brussels. The Big 6 have been screwing householders for years , raising tariffs when wholesale prices rise but failing to lower them when wholesale prices fall to prior levels. The long term view should have been to invest more in a replacement power station programme as a condition of privatisation. Several plans for offshore wind power sites have been abandoned because the energy companies wont make enough profit because this Government have reduced the subsidies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So let me get this right.........in your view "old" means up to mid 80s, whereas "elderly" means mid 80s onwards? On this basis both words have unequivocally different meanings and everyone who speaks English knows this subtle distinction?

Even if I was to accept your definition of these two words, you are still being desperate aren't you.......many "old" people were born into a country that was unashamedly mono cultural and Christian. Even if they were not old enough to have served, their parents and wider family/friend circles would have. In their lifetime this country has changed beyond recognition, and in the last 20 years anyone who was uncomfortable with this development has been treated with contempt by the political elite.

Labour member Gillian Duffy being cast as a dreadful bigot by Gordon Brown in 2010 proved what everyone feared.

Denigrating these people for being the product of their generation is risible, not least those who served or had family that served. It is not mature political debate, regardless of whether you think that is your right to do so. In fact it is exactly that sanctimonious attitude that is motivating what is left of the old white working class to turn to UKIP.

If you don't know this you are beyond help.

No, it doesn't matter what my distinction of 'old' and 'elderly' is - you made that distinction yourself by bringing WWII into it. I'm not desperate at all, I've made a point that your referencing of the war was ridiculous, and you've tried your best to twist out of it - the thing is, you're again making a better fist of your argument leaving the war out of it - proving my point. We're only here now because you can't admit you were wrong in that first instance.

Now it seems, 'maturely', you're just trying to drag me into your generalising that everyone criticising UKIP is being sanctimonious, denigrating or…what was the other term you used - embittered. Can you really not see how hypocritical you're being? It's like telling people to stop throwing tomatoes by throwing tomatoes at them.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...The long term view should have been to invest more in a replacement power station programme as a condition of privatisation. Several plans for offshore wind power sites have been abandoned because the energy companies wont make enough profit because this Government have reduced the subsidies.

they did reinvest and still do (most surpluses from operations goes to capital projects or finacing debt for projects), until politicians stopped them. Miliband blocked Kingsnorth, and his policies and EU's prevent further investment in clean coal. instead they insist on "green" energy, which often isnt, and requires subsidies to make competitve with coal and gas, just to break even. who pays the subsidies? we do through our energy bills. you could nationalise the energy companies tomorrow, it would solve any of this, and their evil profits are just replacemens for government debt needed if nationaly owned. and what we have here is an excellent example of how the EU interfers with our business, dictating what policy should contain and taxes we should pay.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
they did reinvest and still do (most surpluses from operations goes to capital projects or finacing debt for projects), until politicians stopped them. Miliband blocked Kingsnorth, and his policies and EU's prevent further investment in clean coal. instead they insist on "green" energy, which often isnt, and requires subsidies to make competitve with coal and gas, just to break even. who pays the subsidies? we do through our energy bills. you could nationalise the energy companies tomorrow, it would solve any of this, and their evil profits are just replacemens for government debt needed if nationaly owned. and what we have here is an excellent example of how the EU interfers with our business, dictating what policy should contain and taxes we should pay.

Hinkley Point C has just been given the go ahead , the first nuclear power plant to be built in decades but it wont be operational until 2023. The final decision on whether or not it could be built was made by EU regulators. Network Rail was re-nationalised (now a "central government body in the public sector" as reported in the media) at the beginning of September and the estimated £35Bn debt transferred onto the Treasury balance sheet.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You can call them what you like, i know very little about them, the racist content previously was presumably about UKIP who i believe have the British citizens welfare at heart and that includes the people that are living here but feel that the EU and immigration needs looking at.

This is a very popular notion but haven't statistics shown time and time again that immigration isn't anywhere near as big of a problem as people make it out to be? I'm sure there was a tv show on over the summer and the jist was a group of people moaned about immigrants, met some people that recently moved to the UK, moaned to them "how dare you try and make a better life for you and your family" (etc.) and then they had people come on and basically say that immigrants have minimal impact on the likes of benefits, the NHS and the job market et al and it most of what the likes of the Daily Fail and UKIP tout is just a lot of hot air that gets people attention.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is a very popular notion but haven't statistics shown time and time again that immigration isn't anywhere near as big of a problem as people make it out to be? I'm sure there was a tv show on over the summer and the jist was a group of people moaned about immigrants, met some people that recently moved to the UK, moaned to them "how dare you try and make a better life for you and your family" (etc.) and then they had people come on and basically say that immigrants have minimal impact on the likes of benefits, the NHS and the job market et al and it most of what the likes of the Daily Fail and UKIP tout is just a lot of hot air that gets people attention.

Yes i saw that one programme......also seen a fair few with a different outlook.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is a very popular notion but haven't statistics shown time and time again that immigration isn't anywhere near as big of a problem as people make it out to be?

Not really, no. It just depends on what statistics you're looking at. Statistically it is 100% possible that for any given set of statistics there is another set of statistics that 'prove' exactly the opposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here