• The Fast Show

Votes: 103 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The more I watch ofah Del becomes more and more a racist, sexist, homophobic, mental health phobic idiot. The worst was a royal flush who the creator and actors disowned, I still love it though

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The way people go on about this you'd think it'd gone on for about 5 series after that "final" episode. There were only 3 more christmas specials between 2001 and 2003.
Yeah, but they RUINED it! And actually I didn't know there had been as many as three, I only saw one (where they became poor again), and was so disappointed that I've blanked the others out. Certainly I have no recollections of watching them. If they got all their money back I might feel a bit more kindly about them!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The way people go on about this you'd think it'd gone on for about 5 series after that "final" episode. There were only 3 more christmas specials between 2001 and 2003.
Felt like BBC were desperate to try re create something that had finished where it should had finished to me. They were ok episodes but for me took the gloss off what the whole 15 years of episodes were working towards.

Bentswood

Jan 8, 2024
Has Little Britain joined this knockout yet? It seems to have dissapeared from main stream TV probably PC brigade stop it but I always thought the sketches they came up with were brilliant. Went on the national tour very enjoyable, a good laugh.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Felt like BBC were desperate to try re create something that had finished where it should had finished to me. They were ok episodes but for me took the gloss off what the whole 15 years of episodes were working towards.
I've never been bothered by the idea that programmes, bands, artists etc. 'ruin their legacy" or however you want to phrase it by going on too long. I grew up watching the Simpsons when it was good and that's about 25 years and 400 episodes ago now. But that doesn't alter my view that the good series from 2 to 8 or so were some of the best television any made.
Yeah, but they RUINED it! And actually I didn't know there had been as many as three, I only saw one (where they became poor again), and was so disappointed that I've blanked the others out. Certainly I have no recollections of watching them. If they got all their money back I might feel a bit more kindly about them!
They get some of it back - it turns out Uncle Albert had invested his share sensibly and left it to them in his will.
Erm, spoilers.

Jimmy Grimble

I know it's a bit of a generational thing, but I really don't get a certain demographic's obsession with OFAH.
OFAH is woven into working class culture; I’d say it’s part of a common bonding ground for many people (especially men who like football!). I think that carries a huge weight when considering your favourite TV Shows and also music artists.

I know popularity doesn’t equate to greatness, but this is where OFAH is different from Mrs Brown’s Boys, which is inexplicably popular (I assume given it’s still going) but is in no way embedded in British culture, bar as a repeated mocking point.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Fast Show, Harry Enfield, Little Britain all catchphrase comedy bettered in the 70’s by Dick Emery.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I've never seen the fast show
what time and day of the week was it on?
Friday evening per chance?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I've never been bothered by the idea that programmes, bands, artists etc. 'ruin their legacy" or however you want to phrase it by going on too long. I grew up watching the Simpsons when it was good and that's about 25 years and 400 episodes ago now. But that doesn't alter my view that the good series from 2 to 8 or so were some of the best television any made.

They get some of it back - it turns out Uncle Albert had invested his share sensibly and left it to them in his will.
Erm, spoilers.
Doesn’t alter my view that OFAH was some of the best TV made in the 80s and 90s. I thought the final 3 took the gloss off rather than added to what was one of the best TV shows made. I still voted for it here.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Doesn’t alter my view that OFAH was some of the best TV made in the 80s and 90s. I thought the final 3 took the gloss off rather than added to what was one of the best TV shows made. I still voted for it here.
I agree with your view of OFAH in it's original run, I'm just not bothered about them making a few extra episodes later on.
My original response was a more general point than just getting at you, some people go on as though they made another 20 episodes or so and ruined the whole thing.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
1000002413.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Semi finalists;

Fawlty Towers - confirmed
Father Ted - confirmed
Only Fools & Horses - confirmed
Blackadder - strong rumour

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has Little Britain joined this knockout yet? It seems to have dissapeared from main stream TV probably PC brigade stop it but I always thought the sketches they came up with were brilliant. Went on the national tour very enjoyable, a good laugh.
Wasn't even mentioned in the original nominations thread.

Parts of Season 1 were excellent, and they are phenomenal comic actors, but by Season 3 I felt it really got very stale and went for shock over humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here