• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quarter Final Three
===

I'm very intrigued by this one, and unsure which way it'll go.

Only Fools & Horses
- 1981-2003, 64 episodes

1700481963211.png

A comedy institution for many. Overrated and dated for others.

===
VS
===

The Fast Show -
1994-2014, 27 episodes

1701342268938.png

Very popular sketch show produced primarily in the 90s. Birthed a whole load of catchphrases. Strong comedy cast including Paul Whitehouse, Caroline Aherne, Mark Williams, John Thomson and Charlie Higson. Every time I clear my throat, I at very least think "That's got it..." to myself.

Catchphrases, or falling through a bar? YOU DECIDE.

VOTE NOW!​

UKCC24 - Group Stage Round Up
UKCC24 - R16 Round Up

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This match up is a bit of an unfair comparison to be honest...a gentle slow build comedy drama against an in your face catchphrase/ character crash bang wallop of jokes....surprised to find the Fast Show only had 27 episodes..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This match up is a bit of an unfair comparison to be honest...a gentle slow build comedy drama against an in your face catchphrase/ character crash bang wallop of jokes....surprised to find the Fast Show only had 27 episodes..
That's the joy of the UKCC24 - the mash up of styles, and which you appreciate more.

This is a real Ghana vs Uruguay of a match up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is a SPICY one so far.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
one is like a warm pair of tatty slippers, one is BRILLIANTTTTT with SCORCHIO catchphrases potato and characters tomato.

Also the depth of the characters and their story arcs were immense for a comedy program - the tearful end when he was very very drunk, is a gut punch, the one sided relationship between Ted and Ralph, the painters and his dark obsession.
You didn't expect any of that in a sketch show.

plus on the other side I thought Cassandra couldn't act and was a wooden actress and their on off relationship was boring (see Friends for how that should have been done) OFAH went on too long.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
one is like a warm pair of tatty slippers, one is BRILLIANTTTTT with SCORCHIO catchphrases potato and characters tomato.

Also the depth of the characters and their story arcs were immense for a comedy program - the tearful end when he was very very drunk, is a gut punch, the one sided relationship between Ted and Ralph, the painters and his dark obsession.

plus on the other side I thought Cassandra couldn't act and was a wooden actress and their on off relationship was boring (see Friends for how that should have been done) OFAH went on too long.
If there's any justice The Fast Show should walk this. It's a work of genius IMHO. Literally dozens of deftly-sketched characters, each with their own fully-defined, er, character, and memorable catchphrase that you knew was coming but never stopped being funny anyway. Compare and contrast with much-loved trad comedy sitcom OFAH. Two different planets really

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Yes Rowley Birkins and the girl, as it goes on, the initial laughter drops away and it ends in silence with the ticking of the mantlepiece clock all you hear.

What a superb piece of acting...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Got to be OFAH all the way. Fast Show was just trendy but not overly funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here