Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UK Rappers at Lancing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must admit I don’t really consider rap as music . I feel it is just for people that can talk fast but can’t hold a melody for a song . I also find often although not always rap seems to sound aggressive, with derogatory words about women and various swear words and other offensive words like the N word.

Not for me , I’d never let my kids listen to this sort of noise .

Is this an episode of Brass Eye?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It's used as a derogatory term for pretty much anyone over 50 by young folk now.

Only those that deserve to be looked down upon, like racists, sexists, homophobes and the willfully ignorant that can't grasp the idea of things like climate change, the way the economy is ****ing over the poor and the youth. They're also the type of boomer to call people snowflakes and then get super upset at being told "ok boomer". Quite a few on NSC.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Only those that deserve to be looked down upon, like racists, sexists, homophobes and the willfully ignorant that can't grasp the idea of things like climate change, the way the economy is ****ing over the poor and the youth. They're also the type of boomer to call people snowflakes and then get super upset at being told "ok boomer". Quite a few on NSC.

How does that apply to [MENTION=33983]BeHereNow[/MENTION]?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How does that apply to [MENTION=33983]BeHereNow[/MENTION]?

Calling rap music, rap music culture and the manner in which young people talk today with their slang as a "cancer of society" is an incredibly out of touch thing to say and is ignorant to the entire culture of rap music, the people in it and the lives they live. Being upset about someone blasting music on a bus is fair, it's anti social and annoying as shit. Calling an entire culture a cancer is ignorant, offensive and has racist undertones that I wish we didn't continue to see raise its head.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Massive Bro R.I.P biggie small the notorious B.I.G , East coast,West coast show some respect
Regards
DF

Must admit I don’t really consider rap as music . I feel it is just for people that can talk fast but can’t hold a melody for a song . I also find often although not always rap seems to sound aggressive, with derogatory words about women and various swear words and other offensive words like the N word.

Not for me , I’d never let my kids listen to this sort of noise .

Ladies and gentlemen. Pray silence, and then a HUGE round of applause for two of the greatest posts EVER on an INTERNET forum.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

:dunce:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I do agree. But I also find the use of "boomer" as sad and pathetic as "snowflake". Or most other recent made up insults.

Just call someone a c*** if they're a c*** and a d*** if they're a d***.

"Gammon" is quite funny though.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Calling rap music, rap music culture and the manner in which young people talk today with their slang as a "cancer of society" is an incredibly out of touch thing to say and is ignorant to the entire culture of rap music, the people in it and the lives they live. Being upset about someone blasting music on a bus is fair, it's anti social and annoying as shit. Calling an entire culture a cancer is ignorant, offensive and has racist undertones that I wish we didn't continue to see raise its head.

Didn’t say all rap music and it’s culture.

It doesn’t take a genius to see why current rap music and it’s gang culture is being pushed...unless you don’t live here.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings, but I don’t want to bring kids up to sound like a gangster from south London because that’s all they get spoon fed by Radio 1.

The white guy in the vid is a prime example, what the **** is wrong with him?

Ohh, now I’m racist against white people. Oh wait, that’s probably not something that happens in your world.

If you want to stamp out real racism against black people, look at what’s going on in China.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Must admit I don’t really consider rap as music .

What's your definition of music?

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 8.44.39 PM.png

I feel it is just for people that can talk fast but can’t hold a melody for a song . I also find often although not always rap seems to sound aggressive, with derogatory words about women and various swear words and other offensive words like the N word.

Plenty of melodious rap. Plenty of slow stuff too. Plenty that has nothing but pleasantries and sweet nothings. Plenty made by women.

Not for me

Fair enough.

I’d never let my kids listen to this sort of noise .

Let them? ???

Musical taste is very personal but why pontificate on something you don't have the first clue about?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Any excuse indeed.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Well its clear to me that the people who think its all about guns and violence are really not listening. Dave, Akala, Lowkey as examples rap about social matters, and they are at the top of the UK game, its those people who are making America sit up and listen. Highlight of the Brit awards for many was Dave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXLS2IzZSdg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I see Krept and Konan mentioned in the OP, I thought I would look them up as I'm not familiar with this type of ' music '

image.png

image.jpeg

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here