Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
has dave done anything about protecting the channel tunnel yet?
said some months ago he was tightening up security there whats happening
immigrants still getting through

D

Deleted member 22389

Still getting through and a free stretch limousine to collect them from their hotel as well :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-34527534

The numbers still keep pouring in to the EU don't they, and Calais now has up to 6,000 people. This time next year it be around 10,000 - 15,000
I don't understand why the French government just doesn't clear Calais once and for all. I guarantee you they will storm the Channel Tunnel again, and when there is enough of them nobody will be able to stop them. They arrive in the UK they then become our problem. Would like to calculate how much money is wasted on immigration and how much could go back to more important things like the NHS.

Jan 30, 2008
The numbers still keep pouring in to the EU don't they, and Calais now has up to 6,000 people. This time next year it be around 10,000 - 15,000
I don't understand why the French government just doesn't clear Calais once and for all. I guarantee you they will storm the Channel Tunnel again, and when there is enough of them nobody will be able to stop them. They arrive in the UK they then become our problem. Would like to calculate how much money is wasted on immigration and how much could go back to more important things like the NHS.
Army waiting for them at the other end ready to send them packing with sore heads:thumbsup:
regards
DR

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bloody hell folks. We need to go in and settle ISISs shit for them. It won't stop until the world realise that this "flood" of migrants sitting freezing under blankets in Slovenia holding their kids is our collective problem. Just shutting ourselves off is not an option. We have to stop them running away in the first place.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Bloody hell folks. We need to go in and settle ISISs shit for them. It won't stop until the world realise that this "flood" of migrants sitting freezing under blankets in Slovenia holding their kids is our collective problem. Just shutting ourselves off is not an option. We have to stop them running away in the first place.

Well this is Paris, back in January, before the flood of migrants, these are not "freezing under blankets", similar problems to Malmo and some other EU cities where they have settled and are now causing trouble, is this what we have to look forward to?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e7b_1420820113

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Well this is Paris, back in January, before the flood of migrants, these are not "freezing under blankets", similar problems to Malmo and some other EU cities where they have settled and are now causing trouble, is this what we have to look forward to?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e7b_1420820113

January? That looks like summer before the flood of migrants arrived. I am not saying I think that people carrying on like that is acceptable but the French have a bigger problem with integrating than just about anywhere in Europe. The Front National are the clearest expression of this.

I think that we have a duty, as citizens of the world, to get these unhappy Muslims back home as soon as possible. We need to stop the fighting in Syria and we can send the migrants home with our heads held high. Sending them back to a war zone is utterly inhumane.Just to throw up more fencing is a total abbregation of our duty.

On a side issue I think that the migrant crisis will see us out of Europe as sure as eggs are eggs. If Dave wants us to stay in he'll have to get stuck in to ISIS before too long.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
January? That looks like summer before the flood of migrants arrived. I am not saying I think that people carrying on like that is acceptable but the French have a bigger problem with integrating than just about anywhere in Europe. The Front National are the clearest expression of this.

I think that we have a duty, as citizens of the world, to get these unhappy Muslims back home as soon as possible. We need to stop the fighting in Syria and we can send the migrants home with our heads held high. Sending them back to a war zone is utterly inhumane.Just to throw up more fencing is a total abbregation of our duty.

On a side issue I think that the migrant crisis will see us out of Europe as sure as eggs are eggs. If Dave wants us to stay in he'll have to get stuck in to ISIS before too long.

How about the ones coming from Iraq , Iran , Pakistan , Vietnam , Egypt , Libya , Algeria , Morocco , Mali , Sudan , South Sudan , Eritrea , Ethiopia , Ghana , Gambia , Ivory Coast etc ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think that we have a duty, as citizens of the world, to get these unhappy Muslims back home as soon as possible.

Why are they unhappy?. If they are migrants then they chose to leave their country, if they were refugees then surely Paris is better than where they have escaped from. I take it these are migrants that have been in Paris for quite some time, have found their feet and now want to implement their way of life.
So as was stated long ago, genuine refugees need help, these migrants need to go.

We only " have a duty, as citizens of the world" to help those in genuine need, "we have a duty" to look after the law abiding citizens that live here....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
How about the ones coming from Iraq , Iran , Pakistan , Vietnam , Egypt , Libya , Algeria , Morocco , Mali , Sudan , South Sudan , Eritrea , Ethiopia , Ghana , Gambia , Ivory Coast etc ?

They're all piling in on the back of the Iraqi and Syrian refugees. If we want to halt the influx we have to sort out ISIS. The non Syrians are buying fake Syrian documents to ease their route in.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
So as was stated long ago, genuine refugees need help, these migrants need to go.

We only " have a duty, as citizens of the world" to help those in genuine need, "we have a duty" to look after the law abiding citizens that live here....

I agree.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
They're all piling in on the back of the Iraqi and Syrian refugees. If we want to halt the influx we have to sort out ISIS. The non Syrians are buying fake Syrian documents to ease their route in.

Hopefully finally the penny is dropping. Weeks ago some of us stated that these people pouring through Europe were mainly young fit non Syrian refugees.
While many were slating Cameron for only agreeing to help refugees near the Syrian border, and wanting to let all and sundry in, many also could see what would/might happen. I remember stating let's wait a few months to see how the open door policy works in Germany and Sweden, just let us help the most vulnerable refugees that are Syrian and near the border. The initial knee jerk reaction from many (including on this board) in this country was thankfully not jumped on.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Hopefully finally the penny is dropping. Weeks ago some of us stated that these people pouring through Europe were mainly young fit non Syrian refugees.
While many were slating Cameron for only agreeing to help refugees near the Syrian border, and wanting to let all and sundry in, many also could see what would/might happen. I remember stating let's wait a few months to see how the open door policy works in Germany and Sweden, just let us help the most vulnerable refugees that are Syrian and near the border. The initial knee jerk reaction from many (including on this board) in this country was thankfully not jumped on.

I don't believe that most are not Syrian, Iraqis or Afghans (all of whom do qualify as refugees from war) there's a significant number of "other African" migrants who cannot qualify. To weed them out I'd have Arabic speaking border security posted on the EU entry points. They would soon be able to distinguish who was who..

It has been said before that many families will send their young fit men ahead to get to a safe country and then get the rest of them out of the camps in Lebanon or wherever. This is why there's so many more in this category. Not necessarily that they're all chancers.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I don't believe that most are not Syrian, Iraqis or Afghans (all of whom do qualify as refugees from war) there's a significant number of "other African" migrants who cannot qualify. To weed them out I'd have Arabic speaking border security posted on the EU entry points. They would soon be able to distinguish who was who..

It has been said before that many families will send their young fit men ahead to get to a safe country and then get the rest of them out of the camps in Lebanon or wherever. This is why there's so many more in this category. Not necessarily that they're all chancers.

I would accept all those from the Middle East except muslims .

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Yes i read it. I just imagined the reaction if i'd posted it, so i refrained. It's ok though as we are told it does not affect us in this area.

The thing is , if they are seeking asylum and are convicted of a sex offense then their conviction makes it impossible for them to be returned to their home country .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here