Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
No. No it won't be tolerated it will be conducted away from prying eyes among closed and backward communities. The post about husbands being able to claim extra benefits is interesting but also, upon a little probing, amounts to a man claiming extra benefits for co dependants within a property which, again in my fictional multiple marriage, I too would be entitled to claim if any or all of my "wives" were mothers to my children. It wouldn't mean my marriage was legal it would entitle me to state benefits that anyone could, theoretically, claim.

I emphasise again that Sharia law is not given any sort of equivalence under UK sovereign law but some Muslims have worked out that they can properly claim state benefits in the same way that anyone living in complex family systems. Yes. That includes some white British too.

There is no current circumstance where Sharia law is legally enforcible in the UK. There just isn't no matter how hard you guys look for specious examples of law " bending" by some Muslims, Believe me, if it ever came to one of these jokers trying to claim primacy of Sharia over extant British law they would be squashed out of hand by the courts.

After all. If we didn't pay entitled state benefits to these women that would be compounding an already pretty disgusting practice with another.

It will be tolerated because it is being tolerated........it is not being stamped out.

The report indicates that polygamous marriage under sharia is widespread.........the findings being the "tip of the iceberg".

And if you don't think sharia laws do not have any equivalence under UK law you need to take your head out your arse.........Halal slaughter is legal, as is Islamic finance including mortgages.

Sharia........accepted in UK law.........it's not all cutting off limbs and stoning slags.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It will be tolerated because it is being tolerated........it is not being stamped out.

The report indicates that polygamous marriage under sharia is widespread.........the findings being the "tip of the iceberg".

And if you don't think sharia laws do not have any equivalence under UK law you need to take your head out your arse.........Halal slaughter is legal, as is Islamic finance including mortgages.

Sharia........accepted in UK law.........it's not all cutting off limbs and stoning slags.

halal is tolerated as is kosher ( which is the same horrible end for the animal) because it's a dietary allowance ( I dont agree with it myself but my views on Abrahamic religious practice is stamped right through the thread)

Islamic finance rules relate to the requirement that there is no usury ( I do agree with this because I'm not a fan of usury. I just think everyone should be given access to this sort of finance)

Polygamous marriage is illegal in the United Kingdom and, if caught, attracts a jail term of upto seven years. Muslim polygamy is treated in the same way as a British white man with cohabitants who have his children which, if you read that telegraph article again, is quite clear.

I say again Islam is a particularly unpleasant version of the other Abrahamic religions which I shun as if it were a rabid dog but British judges do not, will not and can't allow for a sect to conduct itself differently under the law. It just doesn't happen despite some ravings in the Tory press to make middle class blusterers shake their heads at the breakfast table whilst tutting.

I could do exactly the same under DWP rules if I were minded to, as could any of you. I'd just need to attract enough women from my home village with the prospect of a nice spacious council house. When children's interests are involved ( as is the case in these polygamous arrangements) their welfare is the primary interest of DWP and social services. And quite rightly too IMO.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
halal is tolerated as is kosher ( which is the same horrible end for the animal) because it's a dietary allowance ( I dont agree with it myself but my views on Abrahamic religious practice is stamped right through the thread)

Islamic finance rules relate to the requirement that there is no usury ( I do agree with this because I'm not a fan of usury. I just think everyone should be given access to this sort of finance)

Polygamous marriage is illegal in the United Kingdom and, if caught, attracts a jail term of upto seven years. Muslim polygamy is treated in the same way as a British white man with cohabitants who have his children which, if you read that telegraph article again, is quite clear.

I say again Islam is a particularly unpleasant version of the other Abrahamic religions which I shun as if it were a rabid dog but British judges do not, will not and can't allow for a sect to conduct itself differently under the law. It just doesn't happen despite some ravings in the Tory press to make middle class blusterers shake their heads at the breakfast table whilst tutting.

I could do exactly the same under DWP rules if I were minded to, as could any of you. I'd just need to attract enough women from my home village with the prospect of a nice spacious council house. When children's interests are involved ( as is the case in these polygamous arrangements) their welfare is the primary interest of DWP and social services. And quite rightly too IMO.

We may be splitting hairs, however halal and Islamic finance are 2 examples where sharia is embedded into uk law.

Polygamy is illegal in the UK but is recognised if performed in a state where polygamy is legal.

Further, whether the state seeks to actively pursue polygamous relationships is another matter, till it does it is tacitly tolerating it........

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4486748.ece

The report i attached first time round indicates that the examples highlighted are the tip of the iceberg.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
We may be splitting hairs, however halal and Islamic finance are 2 examples where sharia is embedded into uk law.

Polygamy is illegal in the UK but is recognised if performed in a state where polygamy is legal.

Further, whether the state seeks to actively pursue polygamous relationships is another matter, till it does it is tacitly tolerating it........

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4486748.ece

The report i attached first time round indicates that the examples highlighted are the tip of the iceberg.

It isn't splitting hairs Fergus, it's allowing Muslims to access finance without usury ( a good thing if you can get it I'm sure we'd all agree) and letting them kill animals in a disgusting way...the same as we let Jews do it. ( a bad thing I'm sure we'd all agree in a country where we allegedly love animals) but if you stop Muslims doing it you'd have to stop the Jews too and very soon be accused as an antisemite let me tell you!

Let's put an end to this madness right now and send the Imams and the Rabbis along with the vampire paedophiles priests to a nice converted holiday camp and let them thrash it out without allowing them any publicity. Then, in the words of Bill Hicks we can all "learn, evolve and get the **** off this planet" without the fear and suspicion artificially created by religion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i will pay for a month of b+b for bh in rochdale...the deal will be he will have to stay the whole month at my expense or he pays me 500 quid.....yes or no ...??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

halal and islamic finance are examples where Sharia is compatible with UK law. there's nothing in our law that prohibts either. polygamy is illegal and those that "marry" many under Islam arent recognised under UK law.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
i will pay for a month of b+b for bh in rochdale...the deal will be he will have to stay the whole month at my expense or he pays me 500 quid.....yes or no ...??

You are labouring under the mistaken idea that I like Islam or any of its works. Your idea isn't as unattractive as it seems as I have a few good mates in Rochdale/Skelmersdale from my days in the grim North. So if you can supply me with a credit card to facilitate my dining and huge alcoholism/ grade A drug use you, my friend, have a deal.

It's quite simple. I've asked over and over for people to give me examples of Sharia law being truly equivalent status or primacy over British secular law..nobody has offered anything more than some observations, musings on Halal and DWP arrangements for adults in complex family arrangements. Reports in the mail or the Telgraph do not sharia UK make.

Don't try and paint me as a Muslim lover. I hate and detest it. You're on a hiding to nothing here mate. Give it up.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
halal and islamic finance are examples where Sharia is compatible with UK law. there's nothing in our law that prohibts either. polygamy is illegal and those that "marry" many under Islam arent recognised under UK law.

Welcome aboard the bus of reason. Strap yourself in. It's a bumpy ride.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sharia has too many different interpretations and so therefore is hard to pin down, when people question it from the outside it then becomes islmaphobic, so in my opinion this country needs to set it stall straight and not accept at any forms of it at all. We have seen and witnessed online how other people are treated in the name of Sharia, so why should we accept it?

As for Halal, why are people not told beforehand before they consume it? There was even an incident down here, yes in Sussex where children where being fed Halal without their knowledge, that is not right. If the ball was on the other foot there would be uproar.

Last edited by a moderator:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As for Halal, why are people not told beforehand before they consume it?

because we have no reason, there no cultural, religious aversion to the method, save maybe if you are a practicing christian and give a hoot about who says prayers on your behalf. we dont actually care how an animal is slaughtered as long as we believe it was vaguely humane. otherwise we'd be vegetarian. in fact it is a notable feature of christianity and the nations that grow up under that religion that there are not dietry restrictions.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
because we have no reason, there no cultural, religious aversion to the method, save maybe if you are a practicing christian and give a hoot about who says prayers on your behalf. we dont actually care how an animal is slaughtered as long as we believe it was vaguely humane. otherwise we'd be vegetarian. in fact it is a notable feature of christianity and the nations that grow up under that religion that there are not dietry restrictions.

Ban Halal and you have to ban kosher as it's exactly the same except for a few meaningless mutterings. Neither method is humane unless you think hanging a lamb upside down and slitting it's throat so it bleeds to death is humane.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Not all polygamous relationships are "illegal" in the UK as this parliamentary briefing note confirms:

"For a polygamous marriage to be considered valid in the UK, the parties must be domiciled in a country where polygamous marriage is permitted, and must have entered into the marriage in a country which permits polygamy."

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN05051

The report debated in the Houses of Lords (linked earlier) indicates polygamy in the UK is widely practiced in some communities despite being illegal.

Possession of and selling drugs in the UK is illegal, yet it goes on and the Police actively prosecute drug dealers. It would appear despite evidence of widespread polygamy in the UK there is no appetite to prosecute those involved...........who knows why?

Till there is it is tolerated, just like the police do when they catch people with a small bag of weed.

Whether matters like Islamic finance are compatible in UK law or not is moot as far as I am concerned, it is undoubtedly legal, it's structures however are unlike any other financial product/entity and accordingly effective regulation is difficult. All such firms require a Sharia Supervisory Board to determine whether or not it's products or conduct are Islamic..........in this regard the Quran has been embedded into UK law.

http://www.islamic-banking.com/shariah_supervisory_board.aspx

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey this thread has become increadibly pedantic. I like that. Now, angels on pin heads. How many can you get? And does it differ if they are dancing, or just mooching about a bit?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You are labouring under the mistaken idea that I like Islam or any of its works. Your idea isn't as unattractive as it seems as I have a few good mates in Rochdale/Skelmersdale from my days in the grim North. So if you can supply me with a credit card to facilitate my dining and huge alcoholism/ grade A drug use you, my friend, have a deal.

It's quite simple. I've asked over and over for people to give me examples of Sharia law being truly equivalent status or primacy over British secular law..nobody has offered anything more than some observations, musings on Halal and DWP arrangements for adults in complex family arrangements. Reports in the mail or the Telgraph do not sharia UK make.

Don't try and paint me as a Muslim lover. I hate and detest it. You're on a hiding to nothing here mate. Give it up.

OK mate ....sorry , i miss-read you there.........and no sharia law is not applied anywhere in the U.K yet , despite loud appeals for it's application from the raving , rabid , loonie lot.........i am of the firmest belief that if they want to have sharia law , they should leave our country
immediately and take up residence in an area that operates under it.....:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here