Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Comedy World Cup

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Reading some of the comments from certain posters regarding some of these comedies (on other threads) has confirmed what I've felt for a while about those people; that they know nothing and should be ignored.

This has been a brilliantly apolitical way of reaching those conclusions. So, thanks. :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pot 1 is definitely the group of death closely followed by group 2, in pot 3 it is conceivable that Miranda actually progresses !
I would love to see Darkplace and The League of Gentlemen go through from pot 4.
Tsk. They are mere POTS. There are 8 groups of 4. So a group of death might be:

I'm Alan Partridge
Phoenix Nights
Inbetweeners
Life's too short

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pot 1 is definitely the group of death closely followed by group 2, in pot 3 it is conceivable that Miranda actually progresses !
I would love to see Darkplace and The League of Gentlemen go through from pot 4.

From these 4 pots, 8 groups have been drawn. I'm not revealing the groups yet. The idea is that each group will have 1 comedy from each of the 4 pots.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I believe there is one Group of Death, possibly TWO...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
From these 4 pots, 8 groups have been drawn. I'm not revealing the groups yet. The idea is that each group will have 1 comedy from each of the 4 pots.

Aha !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any OMISSIONS anyone is surprised by?

Open All Hours?
Outnumbered?
Vicar of Dibley?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any OMISSIONS anyone is surprised by?

Open All Hours?
Outnumbered?
Vicar of Dibley?

Rising Damp ?

Dad's Army ?

'Allo 'Allo ?

Steptoe and Son ?

Should I go on ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dad's Army is a BIG surprise. Rising Damp as well I would've liked to have seen make the list, but I gave people PLENTY of time...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Always next year...might put some of them forward for next year's when it comes round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here